Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[PVP] DPS with highest skill-cap?

Right so im thinking of making a PvP alt, for something to do when im not playing 3s.

What DPS would you guys say has the highest skill-cap, Please dont just say class, say spec aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage, sub rogue.

Sub Rogue.

(10 char)

Deleted
    It's kind of hard to say, affy lock for example can do a hell of a lot so it has a high skill cap but anyone can pick one up and do well with basic knowledge. But that's due to locks strength atm rather than difficulty.

Sub Rogue. You can be pretty bad and get by as a frost mage up until around 1800, but against any team that has a healer with any kind of dispel keybound, it gets more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Frost mage, sub rogue.
    You kidding me right? Frost Mage?

No doubt it takes skill to be a really good Frost Mage. But seriously Frost is soo RNG based most of the time anyone sitting behind a keyboard can play that class well. YOu don't really have to do a thing.

But to answer your question OP, I would consider a Feral (Cat) Druid the hardest class to play. They just have soo many different abilities and you need to know when to use it at the right time. Druids are the only class i have not been able to get past level 25, and i've tried my hands 3 times with it. I don't like the whole feel with restoration first of all at the lower levels. Its really boring to just stand there and click Rejuv. And just couldn't get the hang of feral.

I would also throw in a Hunter in there. Its soo freaking hard to PVP on a hunter. Hunters are really easy to play lower levels but at 85 its freaking hard. You are pretty much a free kill if you don't know your class. Especially with mages that just Root you and DPS you from melee range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marks Hunter. (No reason to gimp yourself with Survival or BM.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

fury warrior, you will destroy if you are smart.

Well frost mage and warriior used to be most high skill cap classes before but now thanks to a ton of new roots in case of mage, and gap closers and heals in case of warriors they got kinda dumbed down.

Same thing for rogues, short cooldowns really dumbed it down.

Uhmm yes i make it sound taht everything is dumbed down, well i think that PVP overall is a lot more forgiving now, meaning you can make a LOT of mistakes and still live to tell about it.

To answer your question directly well it depends on what exactly are you aiming for? In case of frost mage is pretty easy to stay alive in duels and random battlegrounds or such , but very hard against a team with dispellers and skilled players in arena or rated bg. Anyway i would recommend a mage, its very powerfull 1v1 and even 1v2 in some cases, very forgiving in most situations but has a higher skillcap then most classes if you want to play in competitive arena/rbg.

Also a cool thing about mage is active defences which is much more fun then having high damage mitigation imo and also you are hardly ever kept in crowd controll since you have mage armor and blink while having the best CC of all classes vs melee.

If casting and ranged is not you cup of tea i would strongly suggest a rogue or a warrior, both are insanely fun to play, require skill and have perks, like complete control of the battlefiled in case of rogue and insane mobility in case of warrior.

EDIT ah forgot to say Sub rogue for PVP of course, and arms warrior .

For me it's rogue, hunter and warlock

rogue (sub): require too much timing
    hunter (marks): 5 buttons in PvE but 50 in PvP
    warlock (3 specs): 50 buttons in PvE and PvP and 0 chance for error

For the others classes, with good macros, power aura setup , healbot and keybinds, it's easier.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2011-10-31 at 09:54 PM.

I don't get why people say sub rogue.

Seems pretty piss poor easy to me...specially when you consider smoke-bomb damage.

marks hunter
    during the wow arena tournament they even said that their biggest suprise one even participating (they won aswell ^^)

Deleted
    Definately Sub roque

im going with marks hunter.. Yes they are bg heros and abou 90% of the hunter populace back-peddles but at high lvls of arent it takes exteme skilled to kite and contro;l your pet precisely. In my opinion and top skilled hunter can beat any class of similar skill, but many many people lack the skill so hunters called bad but they really are just harder to play

I'm really suprised to see a lot of hunters on here. If I'm wrecking as a hunter.. Huh ^_^. Anyways, yeah, definitely Survival hunters (I gave up on that, its impossible without an interrupt (wyvern doesn't count), relies on crap RNG, and barely has any defense), Balance druids, Demo lock, etc. All the minority classes.

Marks hunter has the highest skill cap right now, locks are probably close. Be ready for a lot of 5-10k crits with a couple of 20-30k crits tossed in if you're lucky and lets not forget you have no defense unless you count deterrence which is useless without a healer nearby. My sub rogue is a lot easier to play than my feral.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I'm really suprised to see a lot of hunters on here. If I'm wrecking as a hunter.. Huh ^_^. Anyways, yeah, definitely Survival hunters (I gave up on that, its impossible without an interrupt (wyvern doesn't count), relies on crap RNG, and barely has any defense), Balance druids, Demo lock, etc. All the minority classes.
    People are referring to skill cap. I wreck too when I'm freecasting on people or have pocket heals. The second I'm focused it's usually over. Works the other way around when I focus a hunter on my feral and they don't have heals.

Ah, that's true I guess. Didn't really think about any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Kind of not sure what you're talking about. Just because a class is a minority in PVP doesn't make it a high skill cap, it could just mean the spec sucks for PVP compared to another spec that can produce better results. But of course, maybe you didn't answer your question in your post as darksecret955 suggests.

If you're a high rated Hunter, you did a good job finding great teammates and being good yourself. So Hunters yes.

I guess (sub) Rogues, Rogues can destroy if played right. (So can any class but Rogues do it really well).

I'd love to say Frost Mages since I'm one, but you can suck and still do relatively well for a while.

Going to go with either Sub Rogue or Marks Hunter. With the Hunter probably edging it out.

Why are people saying sub rogue...? I got hot streak the first week of level cap on my rogue. The amount of damage a rogue can put out plus the defensive CDs makes it an easy (and overpowered) class to play. Hunters can be incredibly hard to face if they're good. But rogues are annoying regardless of who is playing because they're so easy.
    " 'A real man makes his own luck.' - Billy Zane, Titanic " - Dwight K. Schrute