123 40.07%
  • New Conglomerate

79 25.73%
  • Terra Republic

105 34.20%
Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    EDIT: Nevermind, spelling is hard.
    Last edited by Jangri-; 2012-11-21 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    See, I couldn't for the life of me build any MAXes. Are there any unlocks I need to get, or any resource levels to acquire before they can be built?
    Um...maxes are player equipment, you don't build them, you get there where you switch class and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    Um...maxes are player equipment, you don't build them, you get there where you switch class and stuff.
    They were just not available, for some reason. I could go Infiltrator, Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Engineer and Medic, but the slot for MAX was simply empty.
    Roll the bones!

Given the issues with the launcher and other things, I've decided I may aswell just uninstall it until I'm aware it's been fixed to make sure when I next play it there are no blips in the download client .

After looking on the Steam forums about it, people don't seem to be happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Given the issues with the launcher and other things, I've decided I may aswell just uninstall it until I'm aware it's been fixed to make sure when I next play it there are no blips in the download client .

After looking on the Steam forums about it, people don't seem to be happy .
    PlanetSide 2 properties> Verify integrity of game cache>Open launcher>Wrench>Validate Game assets

That's all I did and I don't have any issues with the launcher. Now it's the weird lag hopping that F2P games always have that's causing a problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    PlanetSide 2 properties> Verify integrity of game cache>Open launcher>Wrench>Validate Game assets

That's all I did and I don't have any issues with the launcher. Now it's the weird lag hopping that F2P games always have that's causing a problem for me.
    I'd rather wait and let them get all the blips out of the launcher being US before tbh.
    Also prior to this I tried the above except the launcher wouldn't appear and after repeated attempts to verify it's integrity via steam there was always a file missing. I restarted my comp and tried again with the same results.
    So rather than having to search for a solution to every issue and waste an hour I'd rather let them patch the game that should be playable and restart the installation from scratch to make sure.

Rather than trying all of these different methods to get it working I'd rather just do a re-install of the game.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-21 at 02:30 PM.

So, half an hour left at work... still no solution to the EU players to be found? Prepare for another night of doing other stuff?:P
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So, half an hour left at work... still no solution to the EU players to be found? Prepare for another night of doing other stuff?:P
    Several people have mentioned that if you're having problems with the EU side, make an SoE account and log into the standard US client and everything works fine.

Also in response to someone else's post, this isn't a gimmick and was made clear by SoE and the company doing the EU side that it's perfectly fine, after all you have to use your SoE account to get the PS1 Veteran rewards even if you're in the EU.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

It's not really advisable playing on the US side if you're from the EU, unless you like high latency and, considering this is a FPS, thus really dependent on the player's reaction time, having high latency is gonna hurt quite a lot.

So, people on the official EU forums seem to have figured out what the problem is. It's nothing on SOE's side, it's apparently got something to do with the launcher getting an incorrect response from ProSieben's servers.

I played this some last night. The initial load times are really slow
    other then that though, I had some fun but man I am terrible at this game. Think my K: D is like 3:20

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    It's not really advisable playing on the US side if you're from the EU, unless you like high latency and, considering this is a FPS, thus really dependent on the player's reaction time, having high latency is gonna hurt quite a lot.
    You can play on the EU servers with the standard SoE client. The server list contains every server.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Ah, okay, guess I'll try doing that.

EU launcher appears to be working for me now. In the process of downloading an update at the minute, got past the TOS fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    They were just not available, for some reason. I could go Infiltrator, Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Engineer and Medic, but the slot for MAX was simply empty.
    You have to visit a resupply terminal and then switch to MAX there. Or, you can select MAX while spawning on bases controlled by you.

I'm pretty sad. I spent 50 cert points to upgrade the Sunder's defense. Increased armor against explosions.. I didn't notice a difference at all when I was taking damage. (Yes, I did put it in my load out) The next level is 100 certs. Not sure if worth it.

Anyone else not able to uninstall the beta >.<

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm pretty sad. I spent 50 cert points to upgrade the Sunder's defense. Increased armor against explosions.. I didn't notice a difference at all when I was taking damage. (Yes, I did put it in my load out) The next level is 100 certs. Not sure if worth it.
    Well, each level is only 3% and 6% rear, it adds up in the end though to 12% overall and 25% rear

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Anyone else not able to uninstall the beta >.<
    Just delete the folder and .exe. The full versions installer will remove everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    You have to visit a resupply terminal and then switch to MAX there. Or, you can select MAX while spawning on bases controlled by you.
    I know that, but I still couldn't spawn as a MAX the whole time! The option wasn't even there.

I'll play again tonight and see if it was just a "first time playing" restriction or something like that.
    Roll the bones!