Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry fan injures football player

I don't think this thread belongs to a Sports&Fitness subforum, but I thought I'd share it with you.

On the 30th of October a romanian fan entered the field during a football match between Steaua and Petrolul and hit a player. He was immediately attacked by a serbian player owned by Steaua, but it was already too late.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do5d1...eature=related

The player that was hit will be out 3 months, with a broken cheekbone.

Edit: seems like it's 45days, not 3 months. (source)
    Last edited by Piggo; 2011-11-01 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    football players need good kicking in their ass srs,so they have a fking REASON to roll all the time on the field n pretend like truck hit em

haha how i love how he looked up to see who it realy was,maybe eh tought it was player form another team n just decides to roll more haha,shame its only onehit n not kicking hes ass...football is so crap these days,so many money in it n half the timeppl just roll on the field pretending ...
    Last edited by mmocc3388425cb; 2011-11-01 at 11:23 AM.

So what did the hit entail? Was it a single punch, or kick? Where was it? (I can't watch Youtube where I am) EDIT: just noticed OP said it was a punch, woops. Other questions still valid!

Unless the guy got lucky and broke a limb, I can't help but feel 3 months is rather... Excessive.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2011-11-01 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

...He got socked in the back of the head. And he's out for three months? I think I've hurt myself worse trying to step into my car. His neck didn't jar, so he didn't get whiplash, his skull certainly wasn't cracked, or it'd be far worse, so the only thing I can think he would have gotten is a concussion... which should put him out for what? A day or two? A week or two if you're a very cautious physician?

3 months sounds like somebody's trying to make it seem worse than it is to milk the incident for all its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So what did the hit entail? Was it a single punch, or kick? Where was it? (I can't watch Youtube where I am)

Unless the guy got lucky and broke a limb, I can't help but feel 3 months is rather... Excessive.
    hit in the back of the head (didn't look hard)

watched better viw thingie, and he was hit behind the right ear, actually mroe like right on the ear

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Thanks, I edited the OP.

@kisho: the player has a broken cheek bone, that's pretty serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    hit in the back of the head (didn't look hard)
    In all fairness, it looked like a pretty brutal blow, the guy was jogging and jumped into it and everything. But still, the guy wasn't knocked out, didn't need a stretcher and even walked off the field without support.

He got hit pretty hard, from behind, without ever suspecting or anticipating it, possibly with brass knuckles. That made it worse. His jaw fractured, and the 6 weeks out is a reasonable time off for that kind of injury. Btw that serbian guy flying towards the attacker and taking him down was epic, too bad he missed him with the second kick xD
    Last edited by Saturate; 2011-11-01 at 11:36 AM.

Still waters run deep.

Deleted
    3 Months My arse, unless that guy punched him in the head with a pair of brass knuckles, which looking at 51 seconds into the second link he didnt (also the lack of blood is a give away) he will be, and was up and about in a couple of minuets. Honestly Soccer players are the biggest whiners in any sport. Slightest thing and there diving on the floor crying like they had both there legs broken. From the looks of it he was'nt hit that hard either, the "perp" didnt have a great angle, Jumped so didnt have any foot hold on the ground and didnt follow through his punch. The worst this player might have is a bit of a headache for a while and a maybe a bruise,

Does the player involved deserve this, No absolutely not. No sports player deserves to be attacked by a supporter or another player at any time. However neither should they be rolling on the floor for 5 minuets.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2011-11-01 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    The guy that punched him was an idiot, but what really annoys me is that diving prick. He got a slight knock to the head and it he made it look like he just got shot. Fucking disgraceful. He should be suspended for being such a twat.

The video basicly summed up whats wrong with football today.

Quote Originally Posted by naeskill View Post
    The guy that punched him was an idiot, but what really annoys me is that diving prick. He got a slight knock to the head and it he made it look like he just got shot. Fucking disgraceful. He should be suspended for being such a twat.

The video basicly summed up whats wrong with football today.
    It's unlikely he dived, since there wouldn't be a card for getting hit by a spectator.

Saturate, you're saying his jaw fractured from that? Even then, hell, 3 months sounds absurd. When the word 'fracture' goes out in most cases, what they really mean is hairline stress fracture, something that hurts like hell and could get worse if you get injured again, but isn't all that dangerous... and certainly doesn't take 3 months to heal.

You people are whats wrong with the internet and possibly spectatorship of football.

focusing on how the football player took a dive when some idiot ran onto the field and punched him in the neck.

You all make it sound like its the football players fault he got punched, for being a sissy.

Really? wtf is up with this violent behaviour. Its fucking ridiculous that a spectator could be allowed onto the field. people with urges to interupt a football match like that deserves to be shot, seriously. im all for death sentences to idiots. There is NO EXCUSE for that behaviour. Football has become more about fights between fanclubs than the sport itself.

Its part of football to take a dive, in the end it helps lower the bar to what is acceptable to throw at the enemy team, if people didnt take dives you'd see alot more violent clashes in sports. so taking a dive and getting a penalty for playing "rough" keeps the sport at a level where people dont get hospitalized.

but i guess that is what you want, to see people break their limps like a f***ing fail compilation on youtube.

Entertainment these days. wtf is wrong with a peacefull soccer game. where all the fighting is done by the rules on the field, by the professional players who do this for a living. and not some drunk johnny walking in from the spectator stands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's unlikely he dived, since there wouldn't be a card for getting hit by a spectator.
    Looks like he went down on purpose to me. He took a look at who hit him then dropped to his knees. I find it hard to believe a hit like that would make someone genuinely roll about on the ground for a couple of minutes. My opinion might have been different if he had been punched in the face, but it wasn't the case.

As for diving, ofcourse there wouldn't be cards involved, but i imagine there could be some major repercussions regarding the other teams supporters if he milked it out (which he did). I don't know the teams involved, but in scotland there have been similar issues with supporters in Celtic vs Rangers games that have lead to actions being taken. As i said though, i don't know the full story and i don't know why he did it, but its just a theory.

@Kaykay, Agreed that supporters shouldn't be running on the pitch at all, and especially not hurting the players. The player didn't deserve to be attacked (it could've been worse).

No, diving is not a part of football. It never was, and it sickens me that it happens so often in games today. You say it lower "violent clashes"... It doesn't. Most of the time it just aggrivates players more because people are going down with barely any contact. It's fucking stupid and i have no respect for people who do it.
    Last edited by mmoc46a4fe59a0; 2011-11-01 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    cut for length: is the rant about how violence is wrong, etc.
    A fair enough point. This definitely shouldn't have happened, and it definitely isn't the football player's fault that he got hit. The guy who assaulted the player has some issues that need resolving, preferably while sitting in jail.

But that wasn't really what I was commenting on. I would expect a few days of rest to sort out a possible concussion (thanks guys for letting me know the extent of the injury btw), but 3 months is a bit much. That said, since gaining more information (45 days, not 3 months; potential broken cheekbone/concussion), it doesn't seem nearly as bad. 45 days to sort out a broken bone is fair enough imo.

All I remember though is recently, I watched a video of some brilliant football player dives. Hilarious stuff when you watch the really bad ones which are so obviously a dive (can clearly see the guy isn't hit, or he is hit but really plays it up, etc.). I guess I was applying that to this without all the necessary facts, which is a bit bad. But hey.

Someone in youtube said the guy had something in his hand, brass knuckles perhaps? I can't make anything out in the video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    Someone in youtube said the guy had something in his hand, brass knuckles perhaps? I can't make anything out in the video.
    there were 3 guys trying to enter the field . Two of them acted as decoys , 3rd entered in the field.

The guy attacked with a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_knuckles and broke the player zygomatic bone.

Seems a player of the home team ( in yellow ) picked the weapon and hide it from the arbiter and police , he run to the side line and gave it to hiss staff .

Too bad for him, a romanian newspaper recorded his try : http://www.gandul.info/news/dovada-c...ascuns-8921721. He will be judged by the footbal federation too.

The problem was that the police and the stewards didn't entered the field to follow and catch the aggresor. He was preparing to hit another away team player (in red) when they self defended , puting him down .

After the incident the arbiter showed the red card to two away team players,because they put the agresor down and beated him . One of them the goalkeeper. So the away team was forced to continue the game with 9 players only and replacing the eliminated keeper + the injured defender .

After a while the home side suporters throwed fireworks toward the replacement goalkeepers . They performed to burn him on his back . No goalkeepers left at that moment for the away team. The matches was stoped . Probably will be a 3-0 , the stadium suspended at least 10 matches .

Interesting what will happend with the eliminated players , because they were in self defense.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2011-11-01 at 12:48 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the way guys, 3 months is not excessive if he suffered a concussion. Sidney Crosby missed an entire year from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    there were 3 guys trying to enter the field . Two of them acted as decoys , 3rd entered in the field.

The guy attacked with a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_knuckles and broke the player zygomatic bone.

Seems a player of the home team ( in yellow ) picked the weapon and hide it from the arbiter and police , he run to the side line and gave it to hiss staff .

Too bad for him, a romanian newspaper recorded his try : http://www.gandul.info/news/dovada-c...ascuns-8921721. He will be judged by the footbal federation too.
    Okay, seriously, if that is completely true, then what that player did was even worse than what the idiot fan did assuming he was actually trying to hid the weapon. The rest of that stuff you wrote is just nuts. Only in football. Every sport has its moronic fans who do stupid stuff, but I can't remember the last time a fan ran on the field and actually injured a player and it wasn't in football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another reason why soccer is the lamest sport in the world. You'd never see a fan attack a football player in the US. Maybe because they'd get murdered.