Deleted

Mass Effect 2 Launch Error - 0xc000007b

Ello,

Now I normally don't use MMO forums to ask for help (I don't use the much anyways), but now I've got something I require aid with. Hopefully I'm posting in the right forum, if not, please pardon this imbecile.

So, onto the problem at hand. I start Mass Effect 2 and I get the following error message - "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I recently had my Win7 reinstalled, could this be the problem? I obviously played the game before and my PC's specs are above the recommended requirements to run the game, I've played it for a while without any problems whatsoever on max details. I've got the latest Nvidia drivers, DirectX and whatever else there is. Since I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to games (it's mainly because of where I live but that's a different story) I've got a pirate copy of the game. Then again, as I said above I've played the game for a while without any problems. I hadn't touched it for a little over 4 months before I reinstalled my Win7 if that is of any help. I can't tell you if it ran fine in those 4 months as I didn't play it then.

I can provide more details on the subject if/when needed.

Thanks in advance!

15+ Year Old Account
    moved to computers
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    I've got a pirate copy of the game.
    There's your problem. Also, piracy is not up for discussion here. Closing.