Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    What u got is as good as it gets. Wow pvp is fun, but there's got to be so many things to address before it can be taken seriously.

Wow isn't a good spectator sport, but neither is chess, go or poker and their scene is soley maintained by people who know how to play.

It doesn't help to be spectator unfriendly, but isn't the problem either.
    ?p

Deleted
    For the people blaming on the imbalances, that is not the reason it is all bullshit. Sure some classes suck but most are viable in one or two setups. In CoD most of the weapons are not used since they are shit. You complain like every single blizzcon team had a shaman or warlock, but in the GSL code S in starcraft there are like 5 times more terran than protoss and a lot of the units are barely ever used, yet it is such a great esport.

The main problem is that it is impossible to setup tournaments without a spectator client or breaking the EULA + it really is not that fun to watch and unless you are an expert on wow arena you won´t understand shit. In CS it is obvious what is happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    Wrong I know alot of people (well around 5 people) that are overwhelmed and don't like playing SC2 but love watching it, because ucan easily understand what hpapends. And it's FUN to do so.
    People who enjoy watching over people play starcraft are the same kind of people who laugh at Poo jokes when they are 25.

It's a boring RTS that isn't actually balanced to shit, because I hear of problems between races (some races requiring more skill to use than others) basically means that it isn't balanced.

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WrathDksCataFrostPandaFtl View Post
    That was in no way trolling. Your mods are crazy fanbois.

Arena was the best thing to happen to this game. You're clearly one of those people who loves rated bgs, because they require so much "skill". And by "skill" I mean the ability to zerg and having better gear than your opponents, with no actual skill being required.
    Kind of like how Arena is just huggling pillars are your comp right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    People who enjoy watching over people play starcraft are the same kind of people who laugh at Poo jokes when they are 25.
    You're dead wrong if you think this. The poster you quoted was completely correct. SC2 is a very difficult game to master (the most difficult, possibly). At the high levels of play it is about as balanced as anything that complex can reasonably be expected to be. And there are 1000's of people who find it very enjoyable as a spectator. I know people who can barely play SC2 on the normal difficulty campaign, yet they thoroughly enjoy watching commentated matches. Part of it is, like Kakuzo said, that you can intuitively understand what is happening.

WoW has gone so far off the deep end in terms of cooldowns, auras generally, and all this buried beneath a terribly unhelpful UI. It's amazing to me that the commentators can infer what is happening at all. And most of the time, even they are just saying things like "soooo much damage!" because its almost impossible to see who pressed which vital cooldown at which time.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    You're dead wrong if you think this. The poster you quoted was completely correct. SC2 is a very difficult game to master (the most difficult, possibly). At the high levels of play it is about as balanced as anything that complex can reasonably be expected to be. And there are 1000's of people who find it very enjoyable as a spectator. I know people who can barely play SC2 on the normal difficulty campaign, yet they thoroughly enjoy watching commentated matches. Part of it is, like Kakuzo said, that you can intuitively understand what is happening.

WoW has gone so far off the deep end in terms of cooldowns, auras generally, and all this buried beneath a terribly unhelpful UI. It's amazing to me that the commentators can infer what is happening at all. And most of the time, even they are just saying things like "soooo much damage!" because its almost impossible to see who pressed which vital cooldown at which time.
    It's because someone getting gibbed is about the only thing in WoW PvP that is obvious to everyone. As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, a single Counterspell can be what wins the game, but if you missed it... well, you just spent 10 minutes watching two teams dick around and missed the entire point of the fight. I think redesigning the game for use as an eSport would be a positive influence (it might mean a default UI that isn't completely terrible), but I also don't think Blizzard's gonna waste time and money on doing that when there simply isn't demand for it, let alone logisitical problems like those that deer dude mentioned.

SC2 has some balance issues, but it pretty much just boils down to race mechanics, not units being overpowered or underpowered. At high levels of play, it's pretty much irrelevant, too.

You can't take the random whining of a Diamond league player as gospel for the state of the game. At high levels of play, all three races have an equal chance to win. There are more Terran players than Protoss or Zerg, but that's because Terran has the most room for ingenuity and innovation because more time was spent developing that race. It doesn't mean that the other races aren't viable.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As many have said, WoW is very hard to spectate.

That being said, I love pvp and I wish it could be balanced enough to be an esport.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    I am happy to see there will be PvP tournament on live servers:

Goto: arenajunkies.com/topic/215027-nao-invitational-tournament/

The problem with WoW as an e-Sport is not balance. With the current state of balance you can still identify 5 or 6 comps that are totally viable in a 3s tournament and there is nothing wrong with only 5/6 comps competing.

Now there is of course a huge problem with WoW in a competition setting. Combat Speed. The combat in WoW isn't slow enough to offer the spectator a chance to actually understand the tactics involved and the abilities that were used. On top of that, a single fight can switch between several different phases in a matter of seconds. It is just too dynamic to make it enjoyable to watch. That being said, this is not a bad thing : WoW PvP is still very competitive in some brackets, just not easy enough to understand and comment for it to become marketable.

Deleted
    And yet another PvP tournament on EU-Outland !

Goto: mygamesense.org/article/gamesense-prestige-gaming-money-prize-3v3-tournement