Upgrading my Mobo/GPU

Hey MMO-Champ!

I have been looking to maybe get some upgrades with the upcoming "Black November" Newegg sale, I'm looking to get either a new Mobo or GPU depending on which would have the biggest impact on my system. All-in-all what I'm asking here is for some advice on a good dependable piece of hardware that I won't have to replace for some time. I plan on playing BF3, GW2, MoP, maybe a few other titles and I'm not looking for Super Max settings, just something around the high range.

Here are my current specs:

Raidmax 850W 80+ Gold
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 BE (Not overclocked)
    Radeon 6870 2gb (not overclocked)
    Adata 8gb 1600 Ram
    GA-870a-UD3 Mobo

I think out of my system, the mobo is the weakest part, any help on the subject would be great! Also, if anyone wants to through out a motherboard or gpu that is pretty decent, I'll definitely take a look. I'm looking to spend no more than $230.

Thanks,

Ember

Get a real cooler, overclock the CPU, and sit tight.

Upgrading the mobo won't have any noticeable impact on performance.
    Your system is fairly powerful... I'd say your best bet to improve performance is to buy a good cooler and overclock the cpu.
    Don't think you'll have any problems with upcoming games as is though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I've been wanting to OC my CPU, but I've never done it before and I'm afraid I'll fry it. Any tips? I know to never use the software, bleh on that. Anyway, I'll look around for some guides and give it a shot!

Thanks,

Ember