Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? I'm a literal minded killjoy. All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    i saw what you did there!

10+ Year Old Account
    -Yes, kraken.
    -It's looking for kraken to eat.
    -Yes.
    -It's a turtle ancient.
    -A kraken washed ashore in Pandiarrhea. The Pandas jumped on the turtle's back as it tried to eat said kraken.

Turtle makes sense.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2011-11-02 at 12:45 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    Im not very interested in pandas at all. But turtle is their starting area, and when i thought about it, i just cant come up with anything that makes sense. Here are some questions i would ask:

- Is turtle alive? If it is, what does it eat? (I doubt plankton would make it sated)
    - So it moves around the world, why? Where does it go? Certainly not under water...
    - If you thought Nespirah is big, imagine the size of that thing.
    - Is it one of its kind? Why? Or where are the others?
    - How did pandarens find the turtle? Did it arrive to Pandaria and was like (in its giant voice) "climb a board, leaving in 10 minutes!"

Anyone?
    Never heard of ancient stories and such written about earth just being on the back of a giant turtle that travelled through the cosmos.

Island/landforms being on the back of giant creatures isn't a new concept, it is based around a lot of ancient stories.

Even in newer stories, i remember there being a Television series years ago called Discworld based on the stories by Terry Pratchett, that had a similiar thing and it was based around the philosohpies of life and death and the balance of it, which sounds like pandaria..

Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Gnome + Sea Turtle + Vrykul Horn + Elixir + Bloodlust = Pandaren Starting Zone.

Turtle make sense: Did you ever wait for the tuskarr-boat in wrath? They are big turtles with a carrot on a stick! And don't forget the turtle-action in Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Turtle make sense: Did you ever wait for the tuskarr-boat in wrath? They are big turtles with a carrot on a stick! And don't forget the turtle-action in Hyjal.
    Well but they are eating and breeding creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a perfect starting zone for a little kid race...

I'll let you decide if I'm being sarcastic or not >

Quote Originally Posted by Rennor View Post
    Seriously, I dont think anyone here can give you a proper answer. Not even the people that make the lore can, its more than likely they just thought it would be cool.
    That is the problem with the current lore... They think it might be fun, let's do it! and then somebody will yell keep going, we'll make the sucker lore team try and fail explaining it later on, for now it is about the fun!. Then strange chimeras happen.

On topic, I think it is a fairly stupid idea if not properly explained. A whale shark is one thing, you just cannot see it. An incredibly large turtle is just... Strange.

The show naruto has a giant turtle island

Deleted
    If the Dragon Warrior can survive for months at a time on nothing but the dew of a single Ginko leaf and the energy of the universe,
    then im pretty sure something THAT big must be very old, and can probably survive off the universal energy.
    Or i could just open its mouth and consume anything and everything infront of it.
    And it could just be swimming around searching for a mate the whole time. Must get lonely being like 1 of a kind

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to fly up to that cliff, I'll just wiggle my hands together and POOF, I'm on a flying something-or-other that I got after killing a dragon.

I mean, come on...do you do this when you go to a movie. Ya got to suspend your disbelief a little or you won't enjoy it...

Now, go log on and suspend...you'll have a lot more fun when you do...

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    Im not very interested in pandas at all. But turtle is their starting area, and when i thought about it, i just cant come up with anything that makes sense. Here are some questions i would ask:

- Is turtle alive? If it is, what does it eat? (I doubt plankton would make it sated)
    - So it moves around the world, why? Where does it go? Certainly not under water...
    - If you thought Nespirah is big, imagine the size of that thing.
    - Is it one of its kind? Why? Or where are the others?
    - How did pandarens find the turtle? Did it arrive to Pandaria and was like (in its giant voice) "climb a board, leaving in 10 minutes!"

Anyone?
    Yeah... If it was the FORSAKEN starting area would make much more sense, because zombie boys likes turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marimba View Post
    Its a perfect starting zone for a little kid race...

I'll let you decide if I'm being sarcastic or not >
    Nah, I'm good.... I don't like guessing games.

Deleted
    the turtle made it more intresting to me, I love turtles

Even in newer stories, i remember there being a Television series years ago called Discworld based on the stories by Terry Pratchett, that had a similiar thing and it was based around the philosohpies of life and death and the balance of it, which sounds like pandaria..
    There was a TV series of Discworld??? You don't just mean the films do you? (Colour of Magic, Hogfather, Going Postal etc)

Anyway, if there isn't a Discworld reference in the Pandaren starting zone I shall be extremely disgruntled.

I'd like to point to the chewbacca defense......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense

that's how it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Well in Doctor Who all of the UK was on a space whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    I play a walking bull-man that turns into a chicken tat shoots lasers and nature shizz from my hands. I kill things made of fire in a realm made of fire so I can help a tree grow. I ride a dragon made of bones to fight against another dragon whos innards are basically lava. The other day I got a dragon in my mailbox. I have a character who logged out on a floating rock.

Makes total sense.

Also, a wizard did it.
    R O F L

Makes sense to me. I got a fire breathing murloc that makes rude noises in my mailbox the other day.

Wait a second. . .Giant Turtle? Hmm. . .sounds vaguely familiar!

To quot my Warcraft II Manual: "Giant Turtle: These Giant sea Turtles are native to the southern seas and were captured by the Stormreaver clan. Pacified by potent spells of control, these lumbering monstrosities are fitted with watertight canopies strapped onto the backs of their shells and are used as submersible Orcish craft. By submerging under the wave, the Giant Turtles can steal upon unsuspecting enemy craft and report their position to the Horde fleet as they are visible solely to Towers, creatures of the air, and other submersible vessels. The daring Goblins who control them are dedicated to destroying enemy ships by launching hazardous, steam-driven canisters containing highly volatile liquids that can shred even the strongest of armor."

I'm going to copy the line that means they Blizzard lore writers didn't just pull it out of their asses for Mists of Pandaria: "These Giant sea Turtles are native to the southern seas. . ." Which means there are plenty of these creatures, they are just not everywhere in the World of Warcraft game, however they are concreted into the lore through the Warcraft II manual, and therefore canon.

Edit: Here's the link to a copy of what I just copied from the manual! http://www.wowpedia.org/Giant_turtle

Quote Originally Posted by shiminy View Post
    Dont expect to find sense in a game that mails you dragons and bears
    This. I've heard it before. I love that. Hahaha. thanks.