Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Tell me about it. Holding aggro is such a royal PITA w/o SO.

Imho things like that should be baked in the moment you choose to be tank.

I mean these morons yap and yap about how there aren't so many tanks and how unpopular tanking is.. and then turn around and design the game to make tanking as frustrating as inhumanly possible.

Logic much?!
    Just join the DRK contingent and spam Unleash

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly

I mean these morons yap and yap about how there aren't so many tanks and how unpopular tanking is.. and then turn around and design the game to make tanking as frustrating as inhumanly possible.

Logic much?!
    Yeah, if I didn't want the artifact armor so much, I'd have never levelled one to 50.

Also, hairstyle voting is on. They're all so meh. Where's the Aymeric hair?! Also, the ability to have highlights like Jandeleine? http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-voting-begins!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Actually -and this sounds completely insane- there are some people that dont equip their soul crystal because they feel the cross class skills benefit them more in some insane level min maxing.
    Iiiinteresting. Having the all the damage and crit buffs from ARC, BfB, Internal Release AND Invigorate as a MRD for insane dps! I want to try that now lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just join the DRK contingent and spam Unleash
    I will once my Pally is 50+ :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Also, hairstyle voting is on. They're all so meh.
    Looked at the options.. looked at the amount of likes..

Guess we'll get another hairstyle that I'll never use.

Also, hairstyle voting is on. They're all so meh. Where's the Aymeric hair?! Also, the ability to have highlights like Jandeleine? http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-voting-begins!
    Well, I knew my hair wouldn't be chosen, but now that the voting is underway, I can post my entry. They said posting it before that would invalidate your entry even if it was one of the ones they picked. Anyway...

Entry Title: Punk Witch

Colors: black - primary, purple - highlight
    The bun behind the right ear is black, the opposite of the left bun.
    The braids start as full primary color on the right, and slowly fade into full highlight on the left.
    It works as a punk or evil witch style (or both!).

I was trying to make a variant of this hairstyle.

Hit the mini cactpot jackpot on my first ever ticket last night. Other two tickets were poopy, but new ponytail means no fucks given.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Its a pretty shitty design overall tbh. There shouldn't even be base jobs, just Monk, Black Mages, Dragoons, White Mages, etc. its probably why new classes don't feature the base job so it doesn't further confuse players or trap them.
    The job system have always been a huge part about Final Fantasy though, they shouldn't get rid of it at all.
    I can get behind that it should be easier to understand for new players for sure.

Logic much?!
    It's particularly frustrating in Brayflox and Qarn - which are both the sort of dungeons where you really, really want to keep adds under control. But if someone gets too trigger happy/bursty then it's easy for them to pull aggro off of the tank. It's possible to get it back, of course, but it just doesn't feel smooth. PLD is a lot better at 60 once you've unlocked every ability and can actually use them. Until then it can be painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had much problems in both of them, but then again I did go in with full HQ crafted gear.

If you are a fresh char and only have a few dungeon drops + quest rewards, low level tanking is a nightmare.

BTW, am I the only one that hates MCHs? That stupid knockback... it is annoying enough when they do it to melee mobs but when they kick the casters god knows where that's when I start to get pissed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never had much problems in both of them, but then again I did go in with full HQ crafted gear.

If you are a fresh char and only have a few dungeon drops + quest rewards, low level tanking is a nightmare.

BTW, am I the only one that hates MCHs? That stupid knockback... it is annoying enough when they do it to melee mobs but when they kick the casters god knows where that's when I start to get pissed.
    Defensive knockback go!!
    Only time I use the knockback in group is if the tank does not grab something off the healer, otherwise I just use my bind on that mob and let the healer get some distance away from them. Yeah I know its annoying for the tank, but I would prefer my healer to not take damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Defensive knockback go!!
    Only time I use the knockback in group is if the tank does not grab something off the healer, otherwise I just use my bind on that mob and let the healer get some distance away from them. Yeah I know its annoying for the tank, but I would prefer my healer to not take damage
    If you have skill, you knock the mob into the camp where the tank stands. That's what I do as WHM.

So rare that I see other players combine brain + knockback, sad really because it can be a lot of help since ranged aggro is nonexistent and tanks don't have Avengers shield/ deathgrip etc. ._.

Yeah, the Garuda and MCN knockbacks especially I use to push stuff into the AoE pile. When healing as WHM I will do the same, but if things are really hairy, like way, way too much stuff pulled or the tank is dead or both DPS are dead or something else horrible going on I would intentionally knock a target that had no DoTs and no one else had aggroed yet away from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, then toss a sleep on. I would usually try to make it a priority target (nasty aoe/debuff/DoT/etc type mobs) that either need to be killed ASAP or put to sleep ASAP.

A very few wonderful groups would actually understand this and leave the sleeper to actually sleep, then kill it after everything else is dead or mostly dead. But oh so freaking many people (melee alot of the time, but tanks especially) would drop everything and haul ass out of the giant pile of AoEs, which - would of course drag all the mobs out so they were no longer taking damage - to intentionally break the sleep, hit the thing once or twice, the go back to attacking everything else. It's like they think I insulted their tanking skills or something and they have to prove they can handle ANYTHING... even while their dead. No you moron in a tin can: I WAS TRYING TO PREVENT THE WIPE YOU JUST MADE HAPPEN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heheh I had a healer once that did this (not in a crisis situation). Fist I was like "muh knockback", but the mob was melee, so it would have found me again.
    Him putting it to sleep made me chuckle though.

So rare that people use CC in this game, despite how powerful it can be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Yeah, the Garuda and MCN knockbacks especially I use to push stuff into the AoE pile. When healing as WHM I will do the same, but if things are really hairy, like way, way too much stuff pulled or the tank is dead or both DPS are dead or something else horrible going on I would intentionally knock a target that had no DoTs and no one else had aggroed yet away from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, then toss a sleep on. I would usually try to make it a priority target (nasty aoe/debuff/DoT/etc type mobs) that either need to be killed ASAP or put to sleep ASAP.

A very few wonderful groups would actually understand this and leave the sleeper to actually sleep, then kill it after everything else is dead or mostly dead. But oh so freaking many people (melee alot of the time, but tanks especially) would drop everything and haul ass out of the giant pile of AoEs, which - would of course drag all the mobs out so they were no longer taking damage - to intentionally break the sleep, hit the thing once or twice, the go back to attacking everything else. It's like they think I insulted their tanking skills or something and they have to prove they can handle ANYTHING... even while their dead. No you moron in a tin can: I WAS TRYING TO PREVENT THE WIPE YOU JUST MADE HAPPEN!
    It's maybe just inexperienced tanks not used to the UI and all the icons though, especially if as you say people tend not to cc stuff so they don't get familiar with them fast. Although I guess you're talking about higher level stuff when that's not really an excuse.

I adore my aoe sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

I finally worked up the courage to do CM and the Praetorium and so am finally finished the basic game. CM was pretty sad, I've never felt so carried in my life and it felt massively underwhelming (IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER oh it's dead), but Praetorium was great, the UM fight is lots of fun and the music for the second part of UM is amazing. Decent groups as well for both, obviously very used to the fights but they were nice, and patient enough.

I have to say, I'm hugely disappointed that Thancred's story petered out the way it did, he was such an exciting character and he deserved a lot more than just being possessed and rescued and just saying 'oh yeah, soz about that' at the end. It feels like they gave a lot of his character's spark and snark to Alphinaud for no real reason, I really like Alphinaud as a character (because it's so much the same character maybe) but I don't see why they're both there.

Oh don't worry about him not having more story. He's plenty more prevalent in the later chapters.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Its a pretty shitty design overall tbh. There shouldn't even be base jobs, just Monk, Black Mages, Dragoons, White Mages, etc. its probably why new classes don't feature the base job so it doesn't further confuse players or trap them.
    It's not that bad, you just got to pay attention to quest text.

Actually -and this sounds completely insane- there are some people that dont equip their soul crystal because they feel the cross class skills benefit them more in some insane level min maxing.

I was listening to a superbestfriends podcast episode a while back and one of the hosts was going crazy because his friend stayed lancer for max level raids and was the top dps in a competitive raiding free company because of some insane min maxing loopholes he was using.

Its really not common, but it happens.
    Logically it should. The game allows you to tweak your cross-skill loadout.

However content is not tuned around that system and Classes are all but forgotten by the development team.

A missed opportunity IMHO. At least it's more interesting than the zero customization we have now.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    girls sure love braids

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    I finally worked up the courage to do CM and the Praetorium and so am finally finished the basic game. CM was pretty sad, I've never felt so carried in my life and it felt massively underwhelming (IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER oh it's dead), but Praetorium was great, the UM fight is lots of fun and the music for the second part of UM is amazing. Decent groups as well for both, obviously very used to the fights but they were nice, and patient enough.
    There's always Chrysalis, which you can still wipe in!

The idea of CM and Praetorium is pretty awesome, but I guess it's my fault for not being around when it was fresh. Now it feels like just a bum rush to the end. If you asked me boss names or mechanics, I couldn't tell you lol.

Well, now you can look forward to more stuff before HW! Steps of Faith, I think, is pretty legit.

Speaking of characters that got shafted screen/story time, lol Alphinaud's sister.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Oh don't worry about him not having more story. He's plenty more prevalent in the later chapters.
    Well, I am glad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh man, no real spoilers, but I bet you're gonna dislike Alphie even more in the 2.X questlines and 3.0.

(Most spoilery post ever)
    I'm so not clicking on that.

There's always Chrysalis, which you can still wipe in!

The idea of CM and Praetorium is pretty awesome, but I guess it's my fault for not being around when it was fresh. Now it feels like just a bum rush to the end. If you asked me boss names or mechanics, I couldn't tell you lol.
    Yeah, I feel the same, the people I was grouped with were nice enough and it's hardly their fault I'm doing the content two years late.

Well, now you can look forward to more stuff before HW! Steps of Faith, I think, is pretty legit.

Speaking of characters that got shafted screen/story time, lol Alphinaud's sister.
    Or that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, Steps of Faith is a total pushover now. Chrysalis you can actually still wipe to if you try, though!

Eh, it's not a REAL spoiler, just sort of a commentary on a certain character.
    So I read that and I went and clicked on it and now /grumpyface

Also, we need more posts that are just blacked-out intrigue

In the spirit of openness I clicked on that too and OMG SO TRUE. Robbed.