Deleted
    http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/

New primal mounts incoming
    They are going to function much like the ponies from my understanding.
    These 2 are obviously ravana and bismarck! The description also says that thordan and sephirot will be getting a mount as well.
    They look amazing imho always wanted an eagle mount and getting a chain of them is even better ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/

New primal mounts incoming
    They are going to function much like the ponies from my understanding.
    These 2 are obviously ravana and bismarck! The description also says that thordan and sephirot will be getting a mount as well.
    They look amazing imho always wanted an eagle mount and getting a chain of them is even better ^^
    Not to mention if they do go the pony way there might be a "Nightmare variant" and maybe a "Kirin" variant as well (as in collect all mounts and you get a legendary mount.)

It keeps content relevant, which is good. Now if only they'd go back and add a special mount to T5, T9 and T13...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Not to mention if they do go the pony way there might be a "Nightmare variant" and maybe a "Kirin" variant as well (as in collect all mounts and you get a legendary mount.)
    God I keep opening up the link again and again....
    They are like the perfect two eagle colors for my two main classes (DRK and PLD).
    Just cannot wait to start farming them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It keeps content relevant, which is good. Now if only they'd go back and add a special mount to T5, T9 and T13...
    The glamour awesomeness alone keeps those relevant.
    Plenty of people on my server run these daily.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Complex DPS rotations are what DPS *should* be. When you start making rotations something that anyone can do without thought, you start to make the game more about gear and less about the capability of the player. That being said, 14's "rotations" are something anyone can master with practice - they just utilize a lot of skills, but most of those skills are on cooldowns and its pretty easy to manage them. Summoner is probably the most complex, but its still nowhere near things like the affliction lock back in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    The glamour awesomeness alone keeps those relevant.
    Well, lets see how that develops if the armor becomes craftable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    Complex DPS rotations are what DPS *should* be. When you start making rotations something that anyone can do without thought, you start to make the game more about gear and less about the capability of the player.
    Wrong.
    In MMOs with exponential scaling it is ALWAYs about the gear. If your gear sucks, you will never stand a chance against an equally or even lower skilled player. Depends on the suction™ of your gear. :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    Complex DPS rotations are what DPS *should* be. When you start making rotations something that anyone can do without thought, you start to make the game more about gear and less about the capability of the player. That being said, 14's "rotations" are something anyone can master with practice - they just utilize a lot of skills, but most of those skills are on cooldowns and its pretty easy to manage them. Summoner is probably the most complex, but its still nowhere near things like the affliction lock back in BC.
    It's not so much the rotations in FFXIV but rather pulling them off in the situations you are put in.
    DRG for example.. I ve found very VERY few exceptional dragoons. Same with DRKs.
    A paladin cannot realisticly fuck up his rotation in any situation no matter the downtime/movement etc.
    But a dark knight, a black mage, a summoner and a dragoon definitely can

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, lets see how that develops if the armor becomes craftable.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong.
    In MMOs with exponential scaling it is ALWAYs about the gear. If your gear sucks, you will never stand a chance against an equally or even lower skilled player. Depends on the suction™ of your gear. :<
    They said that the recipe for the crafted alagan is a secret so far and we ll have to figure it out.
    I imagine we ll be getting them through the coils themselves and I would not be surprised if the actual alagan non dyable pieces themselves are part of the materials.
    Don't think they d wanna invalidate something of old that people are still running from time to time.

It's not so much the rotations in FFXIV but rather pulling them off in the situations you are put in.
    This^

None of the rotations are THAT complex, it's being able to pull them off and be situationally aware so that you maximize your DPS and stay alive while doing it.

That's why I love DRK, because it's so rewarding to play when you know what you're doing.

I play SMN too, but it's very aggravating in dungeons sometimes when things die so quickly that your DPS rotation is practically wasted and you get off kilter because your Aether stacks run out in between the trash packs...

Deleted
    Wrong.
    That's wrong even by today's standards, let alone future MMOs like The Division and older ones like WoW Classic (PvP for example).
    I can assure you 30% dps differences don't come from "having to run more often than player B of the same class due to boss mechanics in that fight"
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-02-17 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I can assure you 30% dps differences don't come from "having to run more often than player B of the same class due to boss mechanics in that fight"
    The thing is there are SO many variables in the equation it's hard to pin down.

Bottom line is uptime is king. Even with a sub-optimal rotation and gear, you can outperform someone who is only active 85% of the fight if you're active 95%+.

Assuming equal uptime, I'd argue that rotational mastery will have more effects than gear, but it depends largely at what level mastery you're performing at.

Let's say you get 2 DRGs in your dungeon run, Both are active DPSing 95% of the time.

One who operates at a 50% rotational mastery, and is in solid gear say i210.
    Another performing at 90% mastery and in i180.

Who does more DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    They said that the recipe for the crafted alagan is a secret so far and we ll have to figure it out.
    I imagine we ll be getting them through the coils themselves and I would not be surprised if the actual alagan non dyable pieces themselves are part of the materials.
    Don't think they d wanna invalidate something of old that people are still running from time to time.
    As a non raider, I hope I don't have to farm that place for mats or anything. That would kinda defeat the purpose of making it "easily craftable".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    That's wrong even by today's standards, let alone future MMOs like The Division and older ones like WoW Classic (PvP for example).
    I think you quoted the wrong person.

Boss RNG can be pretty brutal as SMA. You can fuck up royally and totally gimp your DPS, depending on how much the boss "likes" you.
    Not sure it would amount to a delta of 30% output though. A difference that large can usually be attributed to "less raw stats than the other dude".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Who does more DPS?
    Rotational mastery of 50% = pressing the wrong button 50% of the time?
    I doubt that you can salvage that with a difference of 30 item levels.

What about: 210 dude performs @80%, 180 dude @90%?

180 dude is clearly the better player, but won't stand a chance against the 210 guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    is THAT how you stop spammers?

omg ty
    Actually, a one-and-done way to handle it is separate whispers into its own log (if you still want to get them), and disable the sound effect in the options. No more need to always put yourself on the busy status.

- - - Updated - - -

This talk about dps and rotations actually makes me glad there isn't an easy to see in-game meter. Who cares as long as the boss is downed? You get a meter into it and people start nitpicking every little thing, start insulting everyone that isn't playing to their view of perfect, and generally making a bad atmosphere during runs. It might make people start playing better, but then fights have to be more rigorously tuned, which makes people angrier when others mess up. Which means that they'd have to bring up separate difficulties, one for those that are into running challenging content and playing as optimally as possible, and one for those that just want to chill and enjoy running dungeons. Then the feeling of segregation sets in, and those that just want to have fun without being anal about numbers feel poorly treated with weaker gear or second rate cosmetic pieces (you know, like WoW's heroic mode in WoD). Then it just turns into a flaming argument about hardcore vs. casual. Gross.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Deleted
    As a non raider, I hope I don't have to farm that place for mats or anything. That would kinda defeat the purpose of making it "easily craftable".

- - - Updated - - -

I think you quoted the wrong person.

Boss RNG can be pretty brutal as SMA. You can fuck up royally and totally gimp your DPS, depending on how much the boss "likes" you.
    Not sure it would amount to a delta of 30% output though. A difference that large can usually be attributed to "less raw stats than the other dude".

- - - Updated - - -

Rotational mastery of 50% = pressing the wrong button 50% of the time?
    I doubt that you can salvage that with a difference of 30 item levels.

What about: 210 dude performs @80%, 180 dude @90%?

180 dude is clearly the better player, but won't stand a chance against the 210 guy.
    Didn't know you have to be a raider to zerg the coils at lvl 60 XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The thing is there are SO many variables in the equation it's hard to pin down.

Bottom line is uptime is king. Even with a sub-optimal rotation and gear, you can outperform someone who is only active 85% of the fight if you're active 95%+.

Assuming equal uptime, I'd argue that rotational mastery will have more effects than gear, but it depends largely at what level mastery you're performing at.

Let's say you get 2 DRGs in your dungeon run, Both are active DPSing 95% of the time.

Who does more DPS?
    Depends actually :P
    I once kicked a DRG from my static during progressions cause he was doing bellow the 1000s with 207 ilvl....

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Actually, a one-and-done way to handle it is separate whispers into its own log (if you still want to get them), and disable the sound effect in the options. No more need to always put yourself on the busy status.

- - - Updated - - -

This talk about dps and rotations actually makes me glad there isn't an easy to see in-game meter. Who cares as long as the boss is downed? You get a meter into it and people start nitpicking every little thing, start insulting everyone that isn't playing to their view of perfect, and generally making a bad atmosphere during runs. It might make people start playing better, but then fights have to be more rigorously tuned, which makes people angrier when others mess up. Which means that they'd have to bring up separate difficulties, one for those that are into running challenging content and playing as optimally as possible, and one for those that just want to chill and enjoy running dungeons. Then the feeling of segregation sets in, and those that just want to have fun without being anal about numbers feel poorly treated with weaker gear or second rate cosmetic pieces (you know, like WoW's heroic mode in WoD). Then it just turns into a flaming argument about hardcore vs. casual. Gross.
    Which is exactly the state of WoW currently. I call it "big dick measuring". Oh, look how good I look in Recount, I must be so leetz!

No joking, my last hardcore raiding was Siege of Orgrimar, and people fought over who would get the Rogue's tricks. And who would get the healer cooldown so he doesn't need to move out of the mechanic and look good on Recount. And the top of the cherry, Mythic Garrosh, we had a Monk to kite the adds on Phase 3, one of the officers, a huntard, AOE'd them so his DPS skyrocketed every single try. Of course, one of the tries he took agro from the adds, causing the entire raid to wipe. Lots of bitching in TS, and yet he kept doing that, just a bit more lightly to try not get agro.

No, keep Recount and this damm atitude out of FFXIV.

Deleted
    Well to be fair though if the boss is going down I wouldnt care. But if the boss is hitting enrage with no one dieing and you can't tell who is the one that is playing badly then parsers come in handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know you have to be a raider to zerg the coils at lvl 60 XD
    You have to deal with dumb randoms that can't even do Ultima hard or you have to have a static. Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Which is exactly the state of WoW currently. I call it "big dick measuring". Oh, look how good I look in Recount, I must be so leetz!

No joking, my last hardcore raiding was Siege of Orgrimar, and people fought over who would get the Rogue's tricks. And who would get the healer cooldown so he doesn't need to move out of the mechanic and look good on Recount. And the top of the cherry, Mythic Garrosh, we had a Monk to kite the adds on Phase 3, one of the officers, a huntard, AOE'd them so his DPS skyrocketed every single try. Of course, one of the tries he took agro from the adds, causing the entire raid to wipe. Lots of bitching in TS, and yet he kept doing that, just a bit more lightly to try not get agro.

No, keep Recount and this damm atitude out of FFXIV.
    Dude, chill. If the boss is on farm, measuring your virtual privates is all there is for the next 5-9 month, considering Blizzards glacial patch cycle.

Also it can be a lot of fun to compete on a usually dull raid evening.

You have to deal with dumb randoms that can't even do Ultima hard or you have to have a static. Yes.
    I wouldn't expect the drops to be required for crafting the item (I guess the AF armor sets a possible precedent, but I still don't see it), but I wouldn't be surprised to see the blueprints for them to drop from there. However, I'd also expect those to be tradeable so they can be sold on the markets.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, chill. If the boss is on farm, measuring your virtual privates is all there is for the next 5-9 month, considering Blizzards glacial patch cycle.

Also it can be a lot of fun to compete on a usually dull raid evening.
    And that's why Square has their "don't be a dick and we'll look the other way" policy. But making them standard in-game and giving everyone access definitely leads to some negative aspects. Yoshida has spoken to this effect before and I totally agree with their current stance being a good middle ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair though if the boss is going down I wouldnt care. But if the boss is hitting enrage with no one dieing and you can't tell who is the one that is playing badly then parsers come in handy.
    I know the intention of its use is good, but it will be abused. The cons just far outweigh the pros.

I could see a utility that only shows you your own numbers and abilities being useful, help you to improve yourself. But when you start involving other players, the witch hunts begin. Then it devolves into a "who plays more perfectly" situation, and competition ramps up, emotions get tense. Only pro would be to prevent those enrage wipes, doesn't seem worth it.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Storage is fine.

What we need is a diablo style Projection system, so old gearz doesn't clutter everything.
    I know it's an old post, but I'd like more storage to hold gear for trying out other classes.

I might just be hording to much though....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually why Yoshi P doesn't like them