Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    What's to stop someone from getting a few random signatures together, form their own FC, boot everyone but themselves in order to purchase a house, if they wanted their own house?

Note: I've never tried to do that myself.

Unrelated: Imgur gallery someone put together featuring some of the new gear in 3.3. The first 3 look to be from the new GC ranks...and I'm glad I'm Maelstrom, heh (although I wouldn't mind that Flames outfit either. Adder one is...eh, lose the hat and it's ok). Next 2 likely are new rewards from HW beast tribes. Next 3 are either from the new 24 man or possibly the 2 new dungeons. The 2 "new ironworks sets" are the gathering and crafting sets. Then there's some fuzzy bacon.
    I'm not sure an FC is required to purchase an "FC" house.... the pricing of the houses was just extremely restrictive so that it was MUCH easier to have 10+ people pooling their resources to purchase it. VERY few people have the gil to buy an FC house on their own, but some did.

I may be wrong about requiring an FC though, I just know people who had private FC houses that were not actual FC houses prior to having personal housing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I just need to start making Gil again towards a medium one. Don't mind a small one but would like to try at least for medium.
    16 million min for a medium according to the article on Lodestone.

That and a lot of luck.

I only have 13 million to my name. :/

That said ... maybe individual buyers should stick to small houses. I'm sure there are FCs out there in the market for a house and a small one would kind of suck for an FC.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    16 million min for a medium according to the article on Lodestone.

That and a lot of luck.

I only have 13 million to my name. :/

That said ... maybe individual buyers should stick to small houses. I'm sure there are FCs out there in the market for a house and a small one would kind of suck for an FC.
    Tbh I'm aiming for a plot in Lavender or Mist. Goblet just looks meh in my opinion. Not fussed about the grade of the plot even if I end up with a small one.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I'm aiming for a plot in Lavender or Mist. Goblet just looks meh in my opinion. Not fussed about the grade of the plot even if I end up with a small one.
    Actually ... I have no idea what the "grade"/"class" means. :P

I only know there are 3 sizes.

Fifth-class Plot Fourth-class Plot Third-class Plot Second-class Plot First-class Plot
    Small 3,000,000 3,187,500 3,375,000 3,562,500 3,750,000
    Medium 16,000,000 17,000,000 18,000,000 19,000,000 20,000,000
    Large 40,000,000 42,500,000 45,000,000 47,500,000 50,000,000
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-24 at 05:17 PM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Actually ... I have no idea what the "grade" means. :P

I only know there are 3 sizes.
    I think Grade means location. So a first grade in Mist I guess is close to the MB/Aetheryte.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Grade means location. So a first grade in Mist I guess is close to the MB/Aetheryte.
    I think they are all close to an MB/Aetheryte ...

That's the way it looked when I last visited.

Yeah, grade is basically "location, location, location" from my understanding.

Lavender Beds in Gridania would definitely be my top pick for a personal house location.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Grade means location.
    Probably, like in RL, the view.
    If you only see the cliff/other houses, the grade will be lower compared to, say unrestricted view of the sea.

My kitty would choose a small house in Lavender Beds. Maybe I buy one just for kicks, but honestly I'm not sure that I would go there very often, because I enjoy staying around our FC house.

15+ Year Old Account
    Album of each housing area with the grades of each house. Yes it is based on location and the view, how close they are to the marketboard.

Personally, I would like either 19-21 in Limsa or 29 in Gridania.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.
    My FC captain wants to gamble for a big house come 3.3.

And who gets asked for gil? Me ofc.

Despite only having 30Mil I'm one of the richest member in my FC (if not the).

15+ Year Old Account
    Also just remember that in addition to the price of the plot, you'll need either 450,000 gil, 1,000,000 gil or 3,000,000 gil for the construction permit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and the 300K Bullshit fee + cost of recreation of objects I somehow cannot put into my inventory to get my cozy FC room back.

Needless to say, that I'm not thrilled about her idea at all, esp considering that a large house has no benefits at all, except more space for her to decorate.

I was very lucky and managed to grab a small house a while back on Balmung. In Mist, no less. I love it, personally - it overlooks the beach and gives me an excellent view. Plus, as a role-player, it's good to have a set location for my character to lay claim to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for Ifalna it wouldn't make much sense to live in a city like settlement because she dislikes the noise and activity of other people.
    RP wise I would need some rather secluded location for her to relax and recover from her adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, for Ifalna it wouldn't make much sense to live in a city like settlement because she dislikes the noise and activity of other people.
    RP wise I would need some rather secluded location for her to relax and recover from her adventures.
    Understandable. I do really enjoy Mist but I wouldn't be opposed to a more secluded location for a house. I'm interested in Ishgard housing, too, but I suspect all the snow and ice will make it look uncomfortable when it comes to the garden.

The Mist makes me depressed because you cant sit down on the beach chairs while a cat girl fans you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.

Me and my friend are pooling 50mil (we already have way more than that) for a large house.
    Then we have a medium and large house at our disposal, muahahaha >.>
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-05-25 at 04:15 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Meh.

Me and my friend are pooling 50mil (we already have way more than that) for a large house.
    Then we have a medium and large house at our disposal, muahahaha >.>
    TIL I'm (relatively) a pauper ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Understandable. I do really enjoy Mist but I wouldn't be opposed to a more secluded location for a house. I'm interested in Ishgard housing, too, but I suspect all the snow and ice will make it look uncomfortable when it comes to the garden.
    Have you seen the Ishgard Inn room?
    I was wondering what went through SE's head when they designed that and whether it's some indication of how "rotten" or "cold" the Ishgard wards will look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    The Mist makes me depressed because you cant sit down on the beach chairs while a cat girl fans you.

I get what you mean though. A custom beach chair animation would have been nice.

I think Ishgard's inn has a certain charm to it - other than the lack of chairs around the tables. I do hope they make a lot of the furniture displayed within Fortemps Manor available to players though. As an aside, I do wonder what the lore justification will be. How is Aymeric going to save face by allowing adventurers and outsiders to live in Ishgard when there's countless Ishgardians living pitiful lives within the forgotten corners of the city?