Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Controller for this mmo is quite nice least for PS4 with a basic keyboard for chat

Are you doing digital download for PS4 cause after the 11 gb download once you launch it, it will update the launcher then you log in for the first time scan that takes too damn long then afterwards downloads the various patches since it launched on PS4 back in 2014 >.> (fyi if you have heavensward digital do that aswell it cuts down the time to patch the game a bit)

Datacenters are just a cluster of worlds and region specific... this is mainly important for duty finder as this will put you in a queue with all the worlds in that datacenter
    So... A Populated Datacenter, with Large Server is also important... Great!... X-x
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    First Aquapolis, got to the last room, yay. Got the monkey pet.

We got 3 pets total, a few appearance gears and music (complete). And a shit load of mats.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-06-09 at 05:24 AM.

My thoughts exactly... healthy world for the marketboard and party finder then healthy datacenter for queue times though thats kinda hard to tell

My experience is queue times are shorter for Primal than Aether but I wouldnt rely on it that much

Also I noticed if its your first time doing a dungeon / trial somereason it may cause longer queue times as it wants you to put with mainly others from the same world based on my observation
    Ugh... So that is going to be a bit of research to find a that miracle NA Server/DataCenter...

The Legacy Server Datacenters are on Aether and Primal...
    Gilgamesh is on Aether...
    Leviathan is on Primal...
    Behemoth is on Primal...

Assuming the Legacy Servers are the higher populated servers contrast to the others, that could be why? Primal may be the largest of two datacenters because it has more servers with high populations?

In my brain, it would seem I would want to join the Primal Datacenter, no?

Is gilgamesh a legacy? cant remember XD

It ended up being so populated since most of the other worlds sorta died out shortly after heavensward for those who want dedicated raiding for Savage and extreme trials
    What I can see on the Forums, Gilgamesh is not a Legacy Server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Oh. Okei! Thankies!

Oh. Well, I wouldn't mind being on a massive server; But would rather be on a server that just isn't dead, that is moderately populated in various area's at most times during the day (Pacific Timezone, NA Servers).

Would judging server size by Forum Post history be accurate?

Doing it that way, I come up with Gilgamesh, Leviathan, Behemoth, Balmung, Excalibur, Hyperion, Sargantanas being the most active/populated, in order?

And there arn't any 'PvP'/'RP'/'PVE' realms, right? They are all 'PvE' ?

Still downloading the game on my PS4, and you say the servers are coming down soon? That sucks! D: Oh well, will give me time to download it on my Desktop, too.
    I recommend adamantoise or sergeants adamantoise is roughly medium but yeah

Also get the pc benchmark uou can create characters in it then import them into the game. Means less time spent out of game lol

Also Important note do not do aide quests unless they are blue with a + mark stick to story quests

- - - Updated - - -

So... A Populated Datacenter, with Large Server is also important... Great!... X-x
    Adamantoise is on the most populated(I am no longer theur but the community is active abd very friendly)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also Important note do not do aide quests unless they are blue with a + mark stick to story quests
    Er... Could you explain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... So that is going to be a bit of research to find a that miracle NA Server/DataCenter...

The Legacy Server Datacenters are on Aether and Primal...
    Gilgamesh is on Aether...
    Leviathan is on Primal...
    Behemoth is on Primal...

Assuming the Legacy Servers are the higher populated servers contrast to the others, that could be why? Primal may be the largest of two datacenters because it has more servers with high populations?

In my brain, it would seem I would want to join the Primal Datacenter, no?
    Aether has two of the highest populated servers too

10+ Year Old Account
    Er... Could you explain?
    Their are various types of quests main story quests have a flame aroubd them regular side quests are gold

Then just this patch they added a special marker for unlock quests be if challenge log new skills new features(like the barber or glamor(transmog from Wow)) the blue ones with a + mark in essence is just to unlock. Unlike most mmos as long as you do daily random dungeon and the main story you should be good level wise. Side quests are mostly optional

The blue ones give you alpt of nice stuff

Oh also hunt logs do those too lol

- - - Updated - - -

Back in the 2.0 days you had to rely on side quests aswell to get to 50 now not so much with xp rewards are boosted since 3.0 though it still slows down big time at about level 46 or so since side quests relevant to that level are scarce and a particuarly main story quest level requirement rapidly jumps few levels

Though I wouldnt skip too much for your first level 50... it can be helpful in long run with loot rewards if unlucky in dungeon drops besides side quests arent affected by the armory xp bonus that is 100% for 1-50s for any other classes you choose to level on that specific character(provided you have a class a level 50 or above but dont need to be level 50 to benefit from that)

So lets say you reach level 15 with archer then pick up arcanist which will start at level 1 so you will get 100% bonus till level 15

This bonus mainly applies to fates and leves
    Ehhh not quite right if you do s daily random and have challenge log as well as hunt logs downtime should not happen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    First Aquapolis, got to the last room, yay. Got the monkey pet.

We got 3 pets total, a few appearance gears and music (complete). And a shit load of mats.
    Done so many and have yet to get to the last room. What all does it give besides the monkey pet? We've gotten a lot of glass and luminous fiber however.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Done so many and have yet to get to the last room. What all does it give besides the monkey pet? We've gotten a lot of glass and luminous fiber however.
    Last room I got a pants appearance gear, music, and monkey. And some random crafting ingredients.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say based on my unhealthy dedication of going crazy with long hours playing the game with a new character (back in 3.2) using all the daily / weekly / hunt log stuff... you'll likely get to level 47 or 48 till you run out of quests for that level 49 requirement Main Story Quest so perhaps just bit of Northern Thanalan fate farms for that final push to level 49 and/or 50

I imagine if you get more dungeon runs in than first time runs / daily roulettes / weekly challenge log probably wont be a problem

Also that level 47 side quest chain I believe that takes you to Western La Noscea sucks since the quest area has a fate that now last 10 minutes causing it to insta re pop which causes a bigger mess than it needs to for a fresh character

So I do believe theres still a potential "downtime" starting in the mid/late 40s to level 49 / 50 perhaps a xp buff for side quests

Levels below that are fine with ignoring all if not most side quests
    Yeah as I said daily random, dungeon hunt log and make sure you do guildheists and you should be good if you have the challenge log

Should I worry about Crafting as a new player starting the game, or should I wait until a higher level to deal with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I worry about Crafting as a new player starting the game, or should I wait until a higher level to deal with it?
    It's really up to you some people live it others focus on battle classes and ignore it entirely they are their own classes unlike in say wow and to he a high end crafter us very time and money consuming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I mean... I m gonna kinda flame right here but how can people be so fucking stupid to not understand Ozma tacs after the 4th wipe...

Is that the orb boss?

We needed a few wipes to figure stuff out because when we mentioned "we were new" others merely replied "Not my problem, not my obligation to explain the boss, pull".

To be frank: there is no difference between WoWs LFR and City of Tears right now, except the bosses having releveant mechanics. "Better community than WoW" my ass.

Crafting is 100% optional. Do it if you like it, don't force yourself through it.
    It is, however EXTREMELY time consuming.
    To get anywhere of note in Lv 50+ crafts you have to level ALL professions to 50 in order to get the cross class skills (retarded design, I know).
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-06-09 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Is that the orb boss?

We needed a few wipes to figure stuff out because when we mentioned "we were new" others merely replied "Not my problem, not my obligation to explain the boss, pull".

To be frank: there is no difference between WoWs LFR and City of Tears right now, except the bosses having releveant mechanics. "Better community than WoW" my ass.

Crafting is 100% optional. Do it if you like it, don't force yourself through it.
    To get anywhere of note in Lv 50+ crafts you have to level ALL professions to 50 in order to get the cross class skills (retarded design, I know).
    It USED to be better I have never seen it so toxic as I have recently.

Is that the orb boss?

For me personally the difference between WoW and Ff14 community wise has been day and night it might depend on the server and Datacentre tho..
    Fellow fc members have been saying the same.

I am on Odin EU (chaos datacentre)there are douches here and there but most of the community has been pretty laidback.
    Have done 2 salt city's of mhach atm one was with a little bit of moaning and ended up disbanding because it was unrepairable the second one I got in last night was a blast loads of new people and we wiped a lot but still cleared it with 20 mins on the counter.

10+ Year Old Account
    2-3 wipes and people start spamming the "abort duty" vote. <_<

15+ Year Old Account
    man i sure am glad i hoarded a lot of mariner cloth from back in the day the new mariner items are selling like hotcakes already made about 10 million gil in the past couple days.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Is that the orb boss?

I did say after the 4th wipe not immediately. And it seems to me you were running with asshats if they didnt wanna explain.
    But yesterday I was in a mhach city group and I explained the tacs for ozma to them twice and after the 4th wipe people were still dying to the same mechanic.
    That is just being absolutely terribad.

I'll tackle Weeping City this weekend, since I'll have more time available to do so. Maybe some of the badness will have washed away, but I remain pessimistic on that. I fully expect it to take a few tries on each boss, though.