Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I agree that the venting, while understandable (I often wonder just how bad people can be in this game), is a bit misplaced.
    Elecc should have kicked the gimp, recruited another one and moved on.
    Oh I agree lost my shit a bit too much there tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    <Inserts 'You don't say' gif here>
    But A5S is just as accessible as alexander normal, and when you can't handle having one damn Black Mage lying to you about their skill and going around raging in forums telling so many other Black Mages to play their class better as if all of them suck then you've got some serious issues (talking about the dude you are siding with).
    It's cool to be upset about it, it's not cool calling out to every other Black Mage telling them to L2P - in short, generalising like an idiot just for an unfortunate event.
    I've seen worse than what he describes, I've seen people doing shit and dying on every phase on Bismarck EX, a piss easy EX I can even one shot on Duty finder most of the time, but well, that's the type of players you would expect when the only restriction to enter Bismarck EX or A5S is to clear their normal difficulties respectively. Yet I didn't come out here, raging and telling every Dragoon or Ninja to learn how to play.
    Because I actually meant every Black Mage in FF14 right from every server? . If you actually think I did because I wrote "Dear Black Mages" and did not realize it was ranting and sarcasm then that is on you for not being smart enough. Think a lot of people here who read it are smart enough to know I didn't mean every damn BLM but w/e. Also I'm not the best BLM in FF14 nowhere near but I know what Enochian and my 4 spells are. Never said at any time I was so don't throw words in my mouth please. Like Granyala said Savage is not the place to learn your class. It wasn't the fact he wasn't using them that annoyed me at the time more when the tank and me asked him to he started with the whole "I pay for the game I'll play how I want" excuse. We didn't say "oi you fucking use enochian" we just asked kindly. Already admitted I was a bit over the top about it anyway on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I fail to see how that little rant was a generalization for all BLM players to L2P when there were specifics pointed out, like not using half your new spells from HW and/or only using Blizzard spells. Ice Mage silliness works fine for fate farming, but not in savage raiding. Hell it annoys me any time I see it.
    It wasn't. Just a rant at the end of the day . If anyone thinks I meant every BLM in existence then they are a fool.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-20 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were offering all three of those awesome minions instead of just a different one each region, I would purchase that stream. Even as a huge Blizzard fan, i passed on the virtual ticket and goodies because it was complete shit tier value.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of RNG when it comes to a rotation. MCH feels very underwhelming as a result - I dislike having to look at my ability bar to see whether I can hit a specific ability or not.
    That's not really a problem with RNG but the UI, which doesn't have a good visual way to show procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of RNG when it comes to a rotation. MCH feels very underwhelming as a result - I dislike having to look at my ability bar to see whether I can hit a specific ability or not.
    Yeah, FFs UI is crap for that. Even tracking Enochian via that ridiculously tiny buff symbol is a royal pain in the rear.

It's not a problem if you have access to an addon like weak auras that can overlay a customizable texture/animation anywhere on your screen and even give you audio ques.

Yeah, FFs UI is crap for that. Even tracking Enochian via that ridiculously tiny buff symbol is a royal pain in the rear.

It's not a problem if you have access to an addon like weak auras that can overlay a customizable texture/animation anywhere on your screen and even give you audio ques.
    I just keep an eye on Enochians timer so I know when to refresh. My upkeep and management of it is fine atm but I've had a few bad moments with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I just keep an eye on Enochians timer so I know when to refresh. My upkeep and management of it is fine atm but I've had a few bad moments with it.
    Sure I can do it too (mishaps do happen, esp on new encounters that grab your attention with unfamiliar mechanics).
    What I wanted to point out is that it is uncomfortable.

A well designed UI should never be uncomfortable.

It's the same thing with not having a real range indicator as a healer. Yeah they now get grayed out if they are too far away to be TARGETED but they should be grayed out, like in WoW, when they are outside my casting range. Big difference, though only an issue in 24mans, where some individuals LOVE to stand at the "arse at the world" all by themselves. <.<

The buff display, for BLM at least, hasn't been that difficult to use, least for me. Haven't even looked to see if there is a way to change the size of the buff icons shown; I know that various UI elements can be moved around on screen, but never really delved into it much other than moving where the hotbars are. I think part of it is simply having played long enough that I've adapted to it.

If there's any evidence that the default UI isn't all great, note how often a Doom spell succeeds in getting someone killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moogles rank #6 - Armorer lv 59. Soon I'll have my 60 crafter.

Bahrr Lehs is starting to look like a nice place, but hoping that with rank 7 (or 8) we'd get something in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Moogles rank #6 - Armorer lv 59. Soon I'll have my 60 crafter.

Bahrr Lehs is starting to look like a nice place, but hoping that with rank 7 (or 8) we'd get something in there.

Like a meteor strike to wipe out the Moogles AMIRITE?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Like a meteor strike to wipe out the Moogles AMIRITE?
    Yes, please!

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

I would only wear these if they make moogle noises as you walk.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Wow. Just find a damn group that plays as good as you. Let the other Black Mages do whatever the hell they like. Are you an WoW player? Because wow players usually get pissed with others playing the game they way they find enjoyable. Salty af.
    No thanks. If people are in my party I expect them to put in a reasonable amount of effort. I don't expect perfect DPS, etc., but you need to be actively trying to use abilities, etc. Ignoring 1/3 of your kit (and the most important 1/3 at that) is BARELY better than being AFK. If you enjoy playing with AFK players (because hey they can play anyway they like) that's on you. Defending them makes you look like a complete goober.

As I said, find a dedicated group if you are that good. And A5S means nothing, a 5 year old could join it by being boosted in A5-A8 by the rest of the group, spamming Fire I. That's all it takes to unlock A5S. Now if this was A8S that would be a different story.
    He doesn't need a dedicated group based on what he said. He just expects people to not be AFK. Me as DRG, just not using BotD is basically me being afk holding down 1-2-3, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is an exaggeration. Proc chances are often high enough so you'll eventually get them anyway and it evens out in the end. You'd have to be the unluckiest person on the planet to get constantly screwed by RNG.
    While in theory what you say is true, it's not that black and white. It's very possible to receive procs at bad times, or not have a long enough encounter to normalize the proc rate.

I played a Ret Paladin in WoD and let me tell you there were fights where I could average a 46% proc rate on a 25% proc chance, and there were fights where I had 8% on a 25%. That level of swing should never exist as it isn't fun to be dictated by that swing. This was fairly common and I frequently averaged over the entire night significantly under the advertised 25% proc rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally I reached my goal of obtaining 10,000,000 Gil.

Makes my eyes watery remembering how 6 months ago I was at 1,000,000 gil.

I'd like to decorate my house more, but I'm too stingy to spend my millions on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you HAVE a house. 98% of the players aren't that lucky.

Congrats on the 10M.
    Ifalna has no clue how much she owns, her retainers seem to have a rather iron grip on her financial assets. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you HAVE a house. 98% of the players aren't that lucky.
    It was quite awful race on 3.3 patch-day. All that cursing with empty red squares everywhere blocking your "shortcuts", haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heheh. I can imagine.
    BTW I like it when people don't stuff every inch of free space with decorations. Makes the rooms seem larger.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW I like it when people don't stuff every inch of free space with decorations. Makes the rooms seem larger.
    Yeah, it's mostly just this last corner:

I'd like to put stuff like, Goldsmithing bench, there.. but it's 510,717 Gil currently in MB.

*I'm going for ARM/GSM/BSM spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm while it is a nice decorative object for sure, I found it rather useless b/c the buff only works up to lv 49 or so.

I have almost every crafter at 60, so making these things is sort of cheap for me but nothing to decorate. ._.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought my house a few days ago and so far I've put about 70 things inside upstairs is a maelstrom themed office and downstairs a tonberry themed bedroom

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"