10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    When I speak to retainer NPC in Limsa, this option pops up: "Dispatch a retainer to Limsa Lominsa."
    Interesting, thanks.
    Never looked at these NPCs after getting my second kitty retainer (DON'T JUDGE ME!) so I didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I have to admit: I don't understand.

My retainer was hired in Ul'dah / Gridania, so they always sell there, right?
    Is it possible to change that on the fly or sth?

Because if it's not, then the whole thing doesn't matter at all.
    Yeah, you can have them move to another location if you want. I had my Gridania retainer in 2.0 move to Ishgard just since I expected more activity there.

But what I meant is, if you look on the market board and see 10 items listed at 18,000 and up and they're all listed in Limsa and Ishgard, then you can have your retainers sell them at 18,000 rather than undercutting. Because if someone is in Ul'dah or Gridania and they look at the market board, of all the 18,000 priced listings, yours is the cheapest for them to buy, so they'll pick yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the tax go up the more items are listed in any given region?

Always thought that it was some arbitrary, yet fixed value set by SE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    I'm thinking Remilia's post may have been misinterpreted. mkb, m/kb, mouse/keyboard

I mean I could be wrong, but I don't believe market board was the intended abbreviation.
    Actually yeah that's correct, haha, I didn't notice I didn't put a /. Was intended to be m/kb.

Tax is normally always 5% on all items in all cities. However, the tax is only charged when you are buying something from city A while in City B,C or D. Market Boards in the housing areas count as being in the city associated with that housing area, so buying something from Limsa Lominsa while in Mist does not apply a tax, while buying from Ul'dah would.

Taxes will sometimes be reduced for a given city. This reduction is not shown directly on the market board, but can be viewed by talking to the retainer vocate as shown in a previous post, or when dealing with your retainer selling items in that city, it shows the tax reduction (but not the actual amount of tax) just below your item listings.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Actually yeah that's correct, haha, I didn't notice I didn't put a /. Was intended to be m/kb.
    Curious: why exactly does not work for you?

My main problem is always quick targeting. Somehow, clicking on a mob in the field doesn't get registered by the game half of the time, because for some reason my character refuses to target it (eg: camera turned to low etc) esp noticeable on big mobs close to a wall.

Most of the time I restrict the cam to show the mobs I need and then quickly tab through them.

Ugh. I hate targeting mobs in MMOs. Had the same problems in WoW all the time. >.<
    Thankfully, as a healer I got a list of who to heal. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Tax is normally always 5% on all items in all cities. However, the tax is only charged when you are buying something from city A while in City B,C or D. Market Boards in the housing areas count as being in the city associated with that housing area, so buying something from Limsa Lominsa while in Mist does not apply a tax, while buying from Ul'dah would.
    Okay.. import tax, so to speak. Thanks.
    Never really paid attention to that, because I am used to some greedy goblin taking his cut in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious: why exactly does not work for you?

My main problem is always quick targeting. Somehow, clicking on a mob in the field doesn't get registered by the game half of the time, because for some reason my character refuses to target it (eg: camera turned to low etc) esp noticeable on big mobs close to a wall.

Most of the time I restrict the cam to show the mobs I need and then quickly tab through them.

Ugh. I hate targeting mobs in MMOs. Had the same problems in WoW all the time. >.<
    Thankfully, as a healer I got a list of who to heal. :O
    Cause way too used to controller instead of mouse keyboard, that and I generally prefer the feel of using a controller these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    if I undercut its by like one gil people who go by like 100k piss me right off
    I vary my undercut by prices. Generally by 250 less of whatever the second digit it.

So say it is 1k I will sell for around 750 or maybe 950. If it is say 100k I will go for 95k or 75k

I try not to over undercut

10+ Year Old Account
    Undercut by 1!

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually just match whatever is the current lowest price, unless its under by a lot and then I look at the past buys and list it at whatever people last bought it at.

mkb
    I think the controller support in this game is fantastic. However I still feel so much faster with an, um, ... marketboard (cough). Did I trigger anyone? Seriously though, I love being able to kick back and use a controller, but will use mouse and keyboard for anything cutting edge. Usually when I'm using a controller though you are not going to get me to chat unless it's super important. If I pick up my keyboard I might as well just play with it.

Undercutting
    I'm also a 1 gil undercutter. I have a FC member that just goes insanely (overboard) ape-shit whenever she is undercut and then undercuts by obscene amounts. Her theory is that it's all profit. I also sell most items at 100% profit (not getting into the "nothing's free" argument, you know what I mean), but I've got no problem holding on to an item for a week if I feel it has fallen below what I consider the balancing point to be. If I was wrong, so be it: I'll sell it next week anyway.

Taxes
    I wonder if enough people know about this to make it worthwhile. I think a surprising number of people don't know how it works. I do know how it works and still usually only bother checking when the price of the item is nearing like 50-100k. Ususally instead of looking for one being sold near me, I still buy the lowest price item but teleport to where it's being sold. So the taxes have to be enough to cover a large multiple of my teleport cost (for the annoyance factor).
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2016-06-23 at 01:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Taxes will sometimes be reduced for a given city. This reduction is not shown directly on the market board, but can be viewed by talking to the retainer vocate as shown in a previous post, or when dealing with your retainer selling items in that city, it shows the tax reduction (but not the actual amount of tax) just below your item listings.
    I have to admit, I thought this only applied to selling items, since Ishgard had 0% tax for a LONG ASS TIME before people wised up and moved their retainers there, I had 0% tax on my sales and got the full value of the listed price.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    So say it is 1k I will sell for around 750 or maybe 950.
    If it is say 100k I will go for 95k or 75k
    WTF?!
    Why do you drive the price down 25%?
    That's insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I usually just match whatever is the current lowest price, unless its under by a lot and then I look at the past buys and list it at whatever people last bought it at.
    I do that too, if the price seems fishy.
    Look at the sales history, create an average value in your head and list.
    Works 85% of the time.

Can I ask do the fieldcraft leves have a chance to spawn the vilekin chests or is that battlecraft only?

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF?!
    Why do you drive the price down 25%?
    That's insane!

I do that too, if the price seems fishy.
    Look at the sales history, create an average value in your head and list.
    Works 85% of the time.
    Never saw it as 25% tbh... And I don't always

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Cause way too used to controller instead of mouse keyboard, that and I generally prefer the feel of using a controller these days.
    Yoshida frequently plays using a controller in live streams and live letters. You're in pretty good company.

OMG all I can say is F Ozma. I HATE this boss. Maybe i'm incredibly unlucky but i seem to keep scoring groups of utter retards who can't space the hell out for meteor and it's always the same damn thing my groups are wiping to. I've done this stupid raid multiple times in the last two weeks and we get to Ozma BAM game over. Meteor wipes the group AS USUAL. This sort of mechanic where people have to be organised is horrible for DF. People are clearly too retarded to watch where others are running and the second those $*$&U meteor arrows come out it's always the same crap. Everyone dies. The infurating thing is Ozma dosn't seem that hard if you put those stupid circles in a properly spaced out area but for my random retards that seems too freaking hard. Again I tried tonight for the second time this week. AGAIN vote abandon disbanded the party at Ozma. This is in no way fun. It's pure frustration. Whoever thought this mechanic was a great idea needs a punch in the face -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    OMG all I can say is F Ozma. I HATE this boss. Maybe i'm incredibly unlucky but i seem to keep scoring groups of utter retards who can't space the hell out for meteor and it's always the same damn thing my groups are wiping to. I've done this stupid raid multiple times in the last two weeks and we get to Ozma BAM game over. Meteor wipes the group AS USUAL. This sort of mechanic where people have to be organised is horrible for DF. People are clearly too retarded to watch where others are running and the second those $*$&U meteor arrows come out it's always the same crap. Everyone dies. The infurating thing is Ozma dosn't seem that hard if you put those stupid circles in a properly spaced out area but for my random retards that seems too freaking hard. Again I tried tonight for the second time this week. AGAIN vote abandon disbanded the party at Ozma. This is in no way fun. It's pure frustration. Whoever thought this mechanic was a great idea needs a punch in the face -_-
    I like it. Actually a 24 man that requires some effort for a change instead of Snore Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I like it. Actually a 24 man that requires some effort for a change instead of Snore Ark.
    Effort I appreciate. Being stone walled at the same point every single time is not enjoyable. If we could get it down after a couple of wipes sure. But when time after time you're wiping at the exact same point to the same thing then getting the dungeon ended due to vote abandon that just turns into pure frustration and the enjoyment stops. Especially since in my runs it seems to love MNK and MCH gear and i'm yet to see any heals items

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Never saw it as 25% tbh... And I don't always
    Start doing so, because that's what you are doing. Even 5% is far too much, considering that you are not the only one to undercut in order to sell quickly.
    If 10 people undercut by 5%, the product price will drop by 40% ! (100Gil * 0.95^10 = 59.8Gil)

The purpose of undercutting is to make your product stand at the top. Not to diminish it's value in any noticeable form.

Only exception would be if the current market price is unrealistic, because all realistically priced products have been sold.
    Consult sale history for further data and adjust pricing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    OMG all I can say is F Ozma. I HATE this boss. Maybe i'm incredibly unlucky but i seem to keep scoring groups of utter retards who can't space the hell out for meteor and it's always the same damn thing my groups are wiping to.
    Ozma is easy, but yes, people seem to not be able to place a simple meteor.
    No matter how often you tell them "LEFT and REAR!" they still run right and stack them.

Sometimes I wonder just HOW unintelligent people can be. Though I doubt I really want to know.