The best part of that is "screenshot saved" and I'm assuming it's followed by "reported."

I hope there's some type of rework to endgame gearing in 4.0. I get to have all these classes on one character yet the weekly limitations make it impossible to play them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Since I didn't do moogle quests on patch day at all (thus missing 2 days worth, as I've noted earlier in this thread), it'll be Thursday when I get the Mog dance.
    I got mine today.

Was planning to take it during day-time, but sadly by the time I got my dailies done.. it was evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The best part of that is "screenshot saved" and I'm assuming it's followed by "reported."
    I like to take random screenshots during cutscenes, for example:

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm scared.. was watching rank 4 Kobold cutscene and this happened.

Oh, did you transfer to Balmung?

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I hope there's some type of rework to endgame gearing in 4.0. I get to have all these classes on one character yet the weekly limitations make it impossible to play them all.
    Pretty sure it's that way by design, so that people have to choose a particular class to focus on. Sure, I've enjoyed every class in the game thus far, but ultimately I boil it down to only needing to play 1 of each role (tank, healer, dps) and I'll pretty much cover any and all of my needs...but I am not doing savage raiding, though, so for someone who's fairly casual, simply being able to cover all 3 combat roles is more than sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Oh, did you transfer to Balmung?
    Nope, and based on your comment.. I wouldn't want to.

Sounds like a scary realm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and based on your comment.. I wouldn't want to.

Sounds like a scary realm.
    N'aww its not so bad. Just avoid the DickQuicksand. I have yet to get a tell like that yet. Did get a nice tell of someone complementing me on my healer glam that I have now.

Its okay we all enjoy taking pictures of ourselves :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to get all up to decent item level (220).
    But they want to distinguish main and second specs so they limit the high end gear (230/240).

A reasonable approach, if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. Cat always looks great on photos!

Most jobs also share gear for the most part. I can go on my PLD or WAR and still use my DRK set outside of the obvious one the weapon. Of course there's stuff like stat priority but you still got a set to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Most jobs also share gear for the most part. I can go on my PLD or WAR and still use my DRK set outside of the obvious one the weapon. Of course there's stuff like stat priority but you still got a set to work with.
    Second stats are ridiculously weak in this game.
    Weapon damage 1 = 10 main stat = ~60 secondary stats.
    I'd argue that the deltas in secondaries you can achieve with our very limited choices (everything beyond 10 item levels = item level is king) ultimately fail to matter.

You'd be hard pressed to make them show up reliably in ACT. They most certainly won't make or break a bossfight.

Not sure if it's good design or bad design, tbh.
    On one side, you cannot gimp your class (IE equip no crit and spec AS shadow = crap performance despite great item level).
    On the other hand it makes gearing a thoughtless matter and renders gear rather uninteresting, save for looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got myself Lore-weapon (NIN daggers) and lost a bit over 100 skill speed.. resulting recast time 2.04 sec -> 2.07 sec and darn combat feels a lot slower now. Not sure how that is even possible considering it's only 0.03 seconds.

Also now that I've finally enough Beast-tribes ranked up, I can start collecting relic items properly - sorry Sahagin, you need to wait a bit longer.

And mm.. a bit annoyed that Det Materia IV is only +6, while Crit Materia IV is +9.. both V's are +12 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got myself Lore-weapon (NIN daggers) and lost a bit over 100 skill speed.. resulting recast time 2.04 sec -> 2.07 sec and darn combat feels a lot slower now. Not sure how that is even possible considering it's only 0.03 seconds.
    Placebo effect can wreak havoc on our perception. 0.03s (30ms) is still well below your average network latency (I typically have 36, on top of that actual spikes that cannot be measured easily).
    Since we play an online game, it is extremely doubtful that we would feel differences this tiny.

Suffice it to say, that with the potato servers FF-XIV runs on..
    I can't count the times I move, stop, immediately start casting and the cast ABORTS after 300ms because the server still thinks I am moving U G H....
    Do I need to continue?^^

- - - Updated - - -

And mm.. a bit annoyed that Det Materia IV is only +6, while Crit Materia IV is +9.. both V's are +12 tho.
    Vs sell like candy for half a mil a pop. As long as that's the case I certainly won't meld them.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Second stats are ridiculously weak in this game.
    Weapon damage 1 = 10 main stat = ~60 secondary stats.
    I'd argue that the deltas in secondaries you can achieve with our very limited choices (everything beyond 10 item levels = item level is king) ultimately fail to matter.
    Exactly. Heck extreme primals don't have lockouts so you can spam that for your final piece the weapon.

As far as simplicity of stats, its probably intended that way so people can switch easily and not have to worry. I detested switching between Destruction and Demonology (I think those were the two specs I played on my Warlock) because every time I'd have have to both go reforge and change out part of my set. Maybe some people enjoy that but I personally didn't. I welcome the simple stats ;P.

Pretty sure it's that way by design, so that people have to choose a particular class to focus on. Sure, I've enjoyed every class in the game thus far, but ultimately I boil it down to only needing to play 1 of each role (tank, healer, dps) and I'll pretty much cover any and all of my needs...but I am not doing savage raiding, though, so for someone who's fairly casual, simply being able to cover all 3 combat roles is more than sufficient.
    How are you managing to cover 3 diff roles?

I had this realization a few days ago when I thought about buying an alt an eso weapon. Then I realized I need to be using my esos on my main's anima weapon instead. I bought it anyway and then remembered I had to use void ark tokens + weeping city on my main's lore gear so I couldn't upgrade it to 210 and now I've just decided to forget about playing the alt at all.

I guess my only option is to start pugging ex primals and hope I can get an alt weapon that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily:

My main is my WHM. WHM gets the 240 upgrade token and got lore gear first.
    WHM doesn't need lore so now the lore goes to my DRK so he can upgrade his 220 Midan gear which I never got with my WHM, because she went directly 210eso -> 230 lore.

Also, I roll greed on tank pieces in Mhach, so far I got pants and boots.
    My BLM is sort of the red headed step child, she only has a mix of 200s fom Void ark / eso. I play her quite rarely, so she is not a priority as far as gearing is concerned. Theoretically I could get Midan gear for her now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This be historical moment.. got through first door in Aquapolis, but failed to reach room #3.

I had this realization a few days ago when I thought about buying an alt an eso weapon. Then I realized I need to be using my esos on my main's anima weapon instead. I bought it anyway and then remembered I had to use void ark tokens + weeping city on my main's lore gear so I couldn't upgrade it to 210 and now I've just decided to forget about playing the alt at all.

I guess my only option is to start pugging ex primals and hope I can get an alt weapon that way.
    Right now, I'm not. BLM has pretty much maxed out lore gear (and will be first to have 240 anima). I have DRK working it's way up to that point, and by 3.4 both will likely be the same ilvl. Figure if I work on a healer, it'll be at 3.4 when current lore gear becomes eso gear, to use current tomestone names (and I'm going on an assumption that there will be new tomestone currency in 3.4).

A 210 weapon is no more than a handful of roulettes plus a romp through Void Ark. The stinky part about it, though, is the farthings from VA are used (in conjunction with the pennies from Weeping City) for the 230-240 upgrades. The farthings can be farmed at will, though; they aren't limited to 1 per week anymore.

Ex primals would be best source of decent alt weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    The farthings can be farmed at will, though; they aren't limited to 1 per week anymore.
    I didn't even know the farthings were unlimited now at least my alts can all have 210 weapons now.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I didn't even know the farthings were unlimited now at least my alts can all have 210 weapons now.
    Yup; I took the time a week or two prior to 3.3 to spam run VA for enough tokens to upgrade the DRK ilvl 200 armor to 210 mainly for the purpose of glamour (the 210 is dyeable, 200 isn't).

Then of course the patch notes for 3.3 hit and SE is like "you'll need farthing + penny from WC for your 230-240 upgrades, so I was like "HNNNNGGGGGGHHHH" when I saw that. Oh well, I'm still using that armor as glamour.