15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Does make me a bit grumpy that I spent like 1mil on the HQ items a few weeks ago but better this huge nerf than to keep spending 1mil~ for each relic!
    True but I only intended on getting 2 relics SMN (which I have) and MCH (which I'm working on)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    even with the 210 step nerfed there's no way i'm going to farm the fate crystals or sit through 5 weeks of crystal tower queues again.
    you can buy the oils with esoterics so no need to do crystal tower.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    True but I only intended on getting 2 relics SMN (which I have) and MCH (which I'm working on)

- - - Updated - - -

you can buy the oils with esoterics so no need to do crystal tower.
    there's no way my esos will go to anything other than umbrite at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    there's no way my esos will go to anything other than umbrite at this point.
    Ahh didn't know you were currently working on a relic that changes things greatly.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, I can finally start a relic! Too bad Legion comes out next week and I'll be rushing six classes to 110 ASAP for AP research purposes.

Think I might do the monk relic after all as it is my main class and I haven't been enjoying the DRG as much as I thought I would be. Maybe I'll start the MCH one as well.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

even with the 210 step nerfed there's no way i'm going to farm the fate crystals or sit through 5 weeks of crystal tower queues again.
    The aether oil will be more of a gate now than the unidentified step, lol. Used to I considered it the easy mode consolation prize part for getting the 210 step done. Now I'd argue the 210 step is the easiest one of all.

I have 5 oil already saved up. The math I've seen indicates that one could have 22 of them total from CT weekly. Think I bought one with eso for my first anima (230 was highest ilvl for them at the time). Spending eso on then now is painful since one will end up at the 240 step and be starving for eso then.

The new interview had some interesting points:
    -The expansion is coming along much faster than expected and is currently in the voice actor recording stage already
    -Will be 'new player friendly' with no main story mandatory for access
    -considering a pvp realm where everyone is pvp flagged in eorzea all the time
    -new jobs will 'have people out to kill him'
    -Alexanders core will have mechanics based on time travel

I wonder if the expansions coming along because its going to be a horizontal style expansion with no new level cap? i would not be surprised if instead of new levels you just have more classes and jobs which are at least another 90 levels for 3 30-60 jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Now I'd argue the 210 step is the easiest one of all.
    10 days of beast tribe dailies while selling materia on the side.
    Yep definitely the easiest now that you can turn in NQ craft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I wonder if the expansions coming along because its going to be a horizontal style expansion with no new level cap? i would not be surprised if instead of new levels you just have more classes and jobs which are at least another 90 levels for 3 30-60 jobs.
    I wouldn't mind not having an increase in level as long as they gave us something else to do that grows our current classes. Like Merits from 11 or ways to unlock new traits or something.

On another topic, I finally got unlazy and decided to scout for a house and discovered the true endgame next to glamours: Making furnishings for the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I wouldn't mind not having an increase in level as long as they gave us something else to do that grows our current classes. Like Merits from 11 or ways to unlock new traits or something.

On another topic, I finally got unlazy and decided to scout for a house and discovered the true endgame next to glamours: Making furnishings for the damn thing.
    Home decorating is a pretty good side endgame >_>

Oh no, I really like it. I'm not as much of a crafter as my FC/static mates, so getting some use out of the jobs is great, and collecting the rare mats to make some of the items is a nice distraction as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Home decorating is a pretty good side endgame >_>
    IF you have a home that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    TO THE GROUND, BABY!
    And started digging.

I expected a nerf, not a nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post

I honestly think the scaling and things like palace of the dead are showing how redundant constantly increasing the levels are when you can be any job and new jobs always means more levels.
    I could see them keep increasing stats on gear but keep 60 the cap and each job is like a toolset/loadout. Need dps? well i know a guy with ninja fully leveled and geared out. Need a tank? someone else i know went that way instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF you have a home that is.
    Me and friends own a small, medium and a large house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Me and friends own a small, medium and a large house.
    Oh look, a birdie!
    *throws self made grenade*

*grenade explodes into harmless purple Konfetti*

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, a birdie!
    *throws self made grenade*

*grenade explodes into harmless purple Konfetti*
    Surprise!

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10/13 Yo-Kai weapons obtained. Just 90 more legendary medals to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    10/13 Yo-Kai weapons obtained. Just 90 more legendary medals to go...

Think of how the fate farming will earn the marks to buy all the items for a relic now they will be sold by your grand company

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Think of how the fate farming will earn the marks to buy all the items for a relic now they will be sold by your grand company
    Careful, depending on your servers economy you'll waste quite a bit of gil by doing that.

As I thought: the nerf to NQ didn't affect prices much. One item still ranges between 150K and 120K. Doubt that will change much, because it's the diadem mats that keep the prices at that level. Even crafting NQ yourself won't save much gil.

Careful, depending on your servers economy you'll waste quite a bit of gil by doing that.

As I thought: the nerf to NQ didn't affect prices much. One item still ranges between 150K and 120K. Doubt that will change much, because it's the diadem mats that keep the prices at that level. Even crafting NQ yourself won't save much gil.
    Didn't they say they are just straight putting nq kingcake and such on the company quartermaster for 5k seals each? i'm seeing sites report as of 3.38 you wont need to craft for the relic at all. 10 days of ARR beast tribe dailies and 40k seals and you are done, which if you have done the youkai watch weapon grind should be ready and waiting to go.