I'M FREE! ITS FINALLY OVER!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha ... my condolences. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    bleh haven't been able to play FFXIV since Thursday Curse you Hermine

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

welcome to the exclusive "we have lost our sanity club" danny ^^
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs sanity when you got a derpy kiddy ride mount.

The end is getting in sight XD
    atm I am not really even think its that bad it just making sure in don't get distracted by other stuff most of the time :P

Need about 3 medals a day if i want to finish them all not to bad I guess seeing I usually got somewhere between 5-10 a day. Dropped down from 5 medals a day during the weekend got a lucky streak.

Last edited by Malackai; 2016-09-06 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm considering returning, I miss the immersive atmosphere

Got a hyperconductive Nothung so thats the second of my 7 relics on the umbrite stage. Nerf pls yoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Got a hyperconductive Nothung so thats the second of my 7 relics on the umbrite stage. Nerf pls yoshi!
    That weapon name explains why Dark Knights are so edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    7, huh? Here I thought I was ambitious for going for 4. Just past halfway point on WHM one (130-something/240), and I'll have WAR weapon at 230 by the time 3.4 arrives. Should have it at 240 by the time the next anima quest arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That weapon name explains why Dark Knights are so edgy.
    Pretty sure it's meant to be pronounced "Noth-ung", but yeah...and the irony of the follow up weapon (240 version) being a much more massive sword makes it all the more hilarious.

I just ended up starting a new one the moment my main started the next step as an excuse to level jobs in fates.

On the topic of "elite world first players" it's more than just their "skill" or their "commitment" and leadership skills. All of those things are true, but that's also generally skills ANY player with passion can attain.

One huge difference is their problem solving skills, adaptability, and recovery.

These players don't follow strategies. They create them. These players make mistakes like all of us do, sometimes as frequent as we do, but they think quickly and act even more quickly to resolve them. That is one of the biggest differences between them and us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    On the topic of "elite world first players" it's more than just their "skill" or their "commitment" and leadership skills. All of those things are true, but that's also generally skills ANY player with passion can attain.

One huge difference is their problem solving skills, adaptability, and recovery.

These players don't follow strategies. They create them. These players make mistakes like all of us do, sometimes as frequent as we do, but they think quickly and act even more quickly to resolve them. That is one of the biggest differences between them and us.
    Very true. Hadn't been able to articulate what it was, but truly elite players always had "something" more than other players but this does a good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the ability to react quickly and solve problems on the fly is a rare gift among the raiders I saw within my 8 years of active raiding.
    Most are completely taxed out by following any given, never changing, schematic. :X

Also I find that higher-level raiders are very good at consistently executing a strategy: As soon as a boss has been killed once it tends to go straight to farm status.

I still look at some fights and question how anyone deduced everything that was going on. It really boggles my mind that they're able to. Most impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I still look at some fights and question how anyone deduced everything that was going on. It really boggles my mind that they're able to. Most impressive.
    One that comes to mind for me is in Weeping City, with the third phase of the Forgall fight (after the 3 big adds), with having to stand in the poop to get 1 stack of the debuff to prevent being one shot. I've never tried to look for a tooltip that would indicate one needs to do that in order to survive Megadeath.

Similar note: Has everyone forgot how to do that fight? I've run WC 4-5 times over the past 2 weeks (down to a single item I "need" from there, healer gloves) and it's been a shit show at Forgall every time. Would eventually clear that fight (and the rest), but each run has had minimum 1-2 wipes on Forgall. Some are from just stupid though, such as the one I had last night where tank pulled and my alliance's healers were locked out. In defense of the tank, our previous 2 healers both bailed at the same time, and these healers that were locked out had just zoned in...but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    One that comes to mind for me is in Weeping City, with the third phase of the Forgall fight (after the 3 big adds), with having to stand in the poop to get 1 stack of the debuff to prevent being one shot. I've never tried to look for a tooltip that would indicate one needs to do that in order to survive Megadeath.
    What happens if you cast "death" on a zombie in a FF game?
    Probably an "immune".

The tooltip says that the green void debuff "zombifies" you.

Coupled with the suspiciously low damage inflicted and, most importantly: you not getting a vulnerability stack, it's pretty obvious that it serves some kind of function.

Also, don#t forget trial and error. Once they noticed that one green void is nothing to be afraid of, their DPS started ignoring them.
    Megadeath comes -> DPS with debuff are still alive.

Personally I find that much much easier to do with FFs encounters compared to WoWs though. The design language is clearer. Blizzard doesn't even manage to clearly tell you where any given void zone ends. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Also, don#t forget trial and error. Once they noticed that one green void is nothing to be afraid of, their DPS started ignoring them.
    Megadeath comes -> DPS with debuff are still alive.
    I think the first day situation be more like:

*Megadeath comes*
    *all raider dropped like flies* (too good at moving out of shit)
    *tunnel vision baddies all still alive*

Raiders "How the fuck...???? What did you do....?????"
    Baddies "L2P bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post

Similar note: Has everyone forgot how to do that fight? I've run WC 4-5 times over the past 2 weeks (down to a single item I "need" from there, healer gloves) and it's been a shit show at Forgall every time. Would eventually clear that fight (and the rest), but each run has had minimum 1-2 wipes on Forgall. Some are from just stupid though, such as the one I had last night where tank pulled and my alliance's healers were locked out. In defense of the tank, our previous 2 healers both bailed at the same time, and these healers that were locked out had just zoned in...but still.
    For me it's Avatar in Bahamut's Coil, as well as Nael and to a lesser extent Phoenix. But Avatar is the biggest for me.

There are 4 towers, there are missiles to stack/don't stack (and the stack can only be I think 1 or 2 in the big circle, 1 in the small circle, any more and all die). There are mines that go invisible that have to be triggered. If X happens, instant wipe (figure out what just caused that, but there's no indication what), so they had to figure out how to control the towers to activate them when they wanted to speed it up, then deal with the resulting affects while dealing with the ongoing boss mechanics.

Oh, and half the room goes bad at certain points, but you also have the main tank going mind controlled at times.