It'll be interesting to see what Zurvan's weapons look like.

Hey guys, not to derail this conversation too much, but is there any way to hide MP, TP and buffs in the default party UI? The options menu seems to allow me to adjust the order roles are displayed it, but unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem to let me hide some of the unnessacary information or even to resize it. At present it's taking up way to much UI real estate for what it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Hey guys, not to derail this conversation too much, but is there any way to hide MP, TP and buffs in the default party UI? The options menu seems to allow me to adjust the order roles are displayed it, but unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem to let me hide some of the unnessacary information or even to resize it. At present it's taking up way to much UI real estate for what it does.
    Do you mean on the party UI? or your own buffs/mp/tp bars? If the former, then no there's no way to hide that. If the later, then you can turn those off.

So hum...I lack one "field" (not quest) aether current in the Sea of Clouds, from the compass indications, it's near Ok'Vundu Mok...except you can't access it, it's to high up ???

15+ Year Old Account
    Map Should still be correct, I don't believe they changed any of the field aether currents. Hard to offer any help beyond that because its been awhile and I switched pay plans so I don't have access to my 50 characters to try and help. ;(
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-01-07 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    So hum...I lack one "field" (not quest) aether current in the Sea of Clouds, from the compass indications, it's near Ok'Vundu Mok...except you can't access it, it's to high up ???
    If
    http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Aether_Currents
    doesn't help, post a few screenshots, maybe someone here remembers.

There should be a quest on your map called For Your Spies Only, which is basically right on top of the Aether Current.There's also a FATE that can spawn there as well called Bones.

You have to travel through Ok'Vundu Vana to get there, starting out from Ok Zundu. Head Northeast and basically make a big circle. It's a long run on foot no matter how you look at it. And you'll have to fight a decent amount as well.

Once you get there, the orb is under the large building.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-01-07 at 11:32 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

lvl.57 on PLD, so close to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Do you mean on the party UI?
    On the party UI, yes. Other people's resource bars are taking up space I'd rather fill with being able to see whats happening around me, as crazy as that sounds. Ideally, I'd prefer them to resemble the Pet UI, where you have a single short bar and a small name above it. But since that's not going to happen and addon's don't seem to be allowed I'd settle for just being able to shrink the damn thing, if that's possible? It looks very cluttered with just 8 people, I shudder to think what a mess a full 24 would be....

15+ Year Old Account
    On the party UI, yes. Other people's resource bars are taking up space I'd rather fill with being able to see whats happening around me, as crazy as that sounds. Ideally, I'd prefer them to resemble the Pet UI, where you have a single short bar and a small name above it. But since that's not going to happen and addon's don't seem to be allowed I'd settle for just being able to shrink the damn thing, if that's possible? It looks very cluttered with just 8 people, I shudder to think what a mess a full 24 would be....
    You can resize all UI elements using ctrl+home (I'm not sure the PS command for it is.) The party list only will ever have up to 8 people, even in 24 man mans. In 24 man, the other parties are put into 2 smaller UI elements like this:

Map Should still be correct, I don't believe they changed any of the field aether currents. Hard to offer any help beyond that because its been awhile and I switched pay plans so I don't have access to my 50 characters to try and help. ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If
    http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Aether_Currents
    doesn't help, post a few screenshots, maybe someone here remembers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    There should be a quest on your map called For Your Spies Only, which is basically right on top of the Aether Current.There's also a FATE that can spawn there as well called Bones.

You have to travel through Ok'Vundu Vana to get there, starting out from Ok Zundu. Head Northeast and basically make a big circle. It's a long run on foot no matter how you look at it. And you'll have to fight a decent amount as well.

Once you get there, the orb is under the large building.
    Thanks, they changed them in 3.3 from what I read so the map is not working anymore. There is none near the quest "For Your Spies Only" (the one in the middle) now.

The guide is up to date though, thanks Granyala and in the end it's the one at the beginning of the left island when you arrive with the Enterprise. I think I moved before obtaining it and thought I had him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Controller resizing push R3 when you have it selected in the HUD editor thingy.

You can resize all UI elements using ctrl+home (I'm not sure the PS command for it is.) The party list only will ever have up to 8 people, even in 24 man mans. In 24 man, the other parties are put into 2 smaller UI elements like this
    Many thanks. Although ironically, the Alliance UI is almost exactly how I'd like to have rearranged the party UI. I'm a sucker for a simple, minimalist design.

Many thanks. Although ironically, the Alliance UI is almost exactly how I'd like to have rearranged the party UI. I'm a sucker for a simple, minimalist design.
    Bit off topic but what server did you end up rolling on Strawberry?

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I'd personally like something like Tera's party UI (which I guess its essentially wow's but w/e)

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I'd personally like something like Tera's party UI (which I guess its essentially wow's but w/e)
    Having HP & mana on top of instead of next to each other would make the party frame much more compact.

Personally, I think the main thrust of any advice given to raid UI developers should be "just copy Grid". It's compact and customisable enough to suit most, if not all, player needs and preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Bit off topic but what server did you end up rolling on Strawberry?
    I'm on EU Odin at the moment. And, regretably, stuck in level 50 Fetch Questing hell right now. The fact that the quest NPC's even point out that doing such trivial tasks is beneth you is more infuriating than comical.

One of the massive downsides of enforced story line quests to unlock new content is that you can't exactly skip it, no matter how boring you may find it. I've never been a fan of story in games at all, being forced to slog through what feels like a hundred more of these quests just to be able to continue on feels like being condemned to one of the circles of gaming hell.

The only thing keeping me going is the hope that the rest of the Scions, bar Urianger, end up dead at the end of it. I hope Alphinaud and Tataru end up dead TWICE I despise them both so intensely. Urianger I only want to survive because because I really, really want him to have an excuse to say "repository of wrested raiments and relics" once more.

The games dungeons are fantastic, the Trial bosses are great, (especially the music!) and the games mechanics feel great during play. Just... Please.... Don't make me do Story quests anymore .

Personally, I think the main thrust of any advice given to raid UI developers should be "just copy Grid". It's compact and customisable enough to suit most, if not all, player needs and preferences.

I'm on EU Odin at the moment. And, regretably, stuck in level 50 Fetch Questing hell right now. The fact that the quest NPC's even point out that doing such trivial tasks is beneth you is more infuriating than comical.

One of the massive downsides of enforced story line quests to unlock new content is that you can't exactly skip it, no matter how boring you may find it. I've never been a fan of story in games at all, being forced to slog through what feels like a hundred more of these quests just to be able to continue on feels like being condemned to one of the circles of gaming hell.

The only thing keeping me going is the hope that the rest of the Scions, bar Urianger, end up dead at the end of it. I hope Alphinaud and Tataru end up dead TWICE I despise them both so intensely. Urianger I only want to survive because because I really, really want him to have an excuse to say "repository of wrested raiments and relics" once more.

The games dungeons are fantastic, the Trial bosses are great, (especially the music!) and the games mechanics feel great during play. Just... Please.... Don't make me do Story quests anymore .
    Oh same server as me. Look up Lorrusk Klauser. Not on atm but will be when I'm done with this work stuff.

I've never been a fan of story in games at all, being forced to slog through what feels like a hundred more of these quests just to be able to continue on feels like being condemned to one of the circles of gaming hell.

Playing a Final Fantasy without caring for the story is like playing Street Fighter without caring for the fights imo.

But...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Playing a Final Fantasy without caring for the story is like playing Street Fighter without caring for the fights imo.

But...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Eh some people don't like story. I personally hated everything in FF14 upto around 35. Then it got way better.