Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I only skimmed through things, but one thing of note is the NA datacenters are being moved and upgraded prior to Stormblood. Think one of the slides (or maybe it was a verbal from Yoshida) stating it would occur in May. They didn't disclose as to where they are moving them, though.

Yoshi-P also basically told people to chill the fuck out over the 280 weapons, heh. I got all of that salt out the morning the patch went up; as others indicated, there's no content of relevance for those weapons at this point (because a very small pool of people actually care about speedfarming Creator Savage). Also, whether it's a 275 or 280 weapon, they all end up replaced by halfway through leveling in Stormblood.
    Noooooo. I'll miss my amazing ping to the game that I have because they're stationed in Montreal. Literally a drive over.. fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Noooooo. I'll miss my amazing ping to the game that I have because they're stationed in Montreal. Literally a drive over.. fuck.
    EU servers are in France (I live in Germany) and I typically have a ping of < 30ms. What else do you need in a game that has a 1s+ UI delay and a 2.5s GCD? *chuckles*

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    EU servers are in France (I live in Germany) and I typically have a ping of < 30ms. What else do you need in a game that has a 1s+ UI delay and a 2.5s GCD? *chuckles*
    Hey I can wait longer to move out of stuff. Either way I'm not worried it'll probably be moved to Chicago.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-03-12 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    That s not the answer he provided for set bonuses. He said they weren t in dev yet but that they were beginning to see their value, so they ll start designing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    That s not the answer he provided for set bonuses. He said they weren t in dev yet but that they were beginning to see their value, so they ll start designing it.
    Where did he say that? Because watching the livestream, his response to it was a flat, blunt "no", unless he said it in a post-panel interview with a gaming site

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Q: Did Doma & Ala Mhigo fall because no one wanted to tank/heal?
    A: Everyone from Eorzea should help them as tank and healers!
    man those tank/healer players turned into such whiners.

I love that the RP Balmung questions took half the Q&A too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Meh. Not thrilled about it. Super powerful set bonuses make all gear besides raid sets look like crap.

Meh. Not thrilled about it. Super powerful set bonuses make all gear besides raid sets look like crap.
    I'm still waiting for his sources to provide a counter to the QA's translation, Yoshida bluntly said no plans and as far as I'm aware that was it, if he said anything else it was a post-panel interview

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I'm still waiting for his sources to provide a counter to the QA's translation, Yoshida bluntly said no plans and as far as I'm aware that was it, if he said anything else it was a post-panel interview
    Q: Are there any plans to add tier set bonuses to future savage equipment raid gear?

A: If asked if there ARE plans, we do not have them. As you obtain the same gear going through the content, it would be more meaningful and interesting if you go into that and complete the set. We will try to optimistically look into it.

Really sounds like a no to me, not sure who would read that otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup.
    Set bonuses don't make that much sense in FF-XIV anyway, because contrary to WoW, there isn't that much gear to choose from.

After months and months and...freaking months of terrible luck with birds in this game I finally got the Ravana one. Actually pretty lucky group overall we got seven of them to drop in only 16 runs.

Finished my relic over the weekend! Once I get Dun Scaith on Tuesday, my Ninja will be in full 270 gear and I'll basically be done til Stormblood (other than final patch).

My alt is 20-25 quests from finishing the 2.x series. I might get her up through Heavensward before expansion's out, we'll see.

I never did get into The Last Guardian, let alone Breath of the Wild yet, so I might just focus on finishing Horizon and doing some console backlog rather than an alt that's really just for fun to poke around and revisit some MSQ memories I could do in the inn or FC house.

Good thing that games don't lose value.
    Quite the contrary: newer hardware = great performance at insance (at the time) resolutions and eye candy.
    I mean, theoretically I could have paid $10 USD and bought it on PSN, so in essence I did lose money there. Granted an original mint non-GH Chrono Cross probably appreciated in value so there's that too.

I don't typically mind graphics in games so playing older games later isn't a bad draw to me personally, but I have been burned by this before (tales of symphonia is a recent example, got bored half way through, but had I played it back when I probably would have stomached it better).

True - but if we're being candid here, all non raid sets generally suck worse than raid ones anyway so it'd be no real change.

As much as I am begging for additional itemization, I'd have preferred it to be in Materia, not raid sets. Would have been a much cooler mini-game of collecting "WoW-esque set bonuses/talent options" from content in game to boost your characters power. You'd also have the benefit of spicing up gameplay off that as well and possibly even boost content participation across players comfort zones.

Yup.
    Set bonuses don't make that much sense in FF-XIV anyway, because contrary to WoW, there isn't that much gear to choose from.
    Wow doesn't have a lot of gear to choose from either. In fact I could argue that FF14 has 2 very distinct relevant sets at any given time. The raid set and the tome set. WoW has but one set. The existing tier set, anything else is considered an off piece. With this information I'd argue that at worse they're equal, at best FF14 actually has more sets.

I'd rather see the set bonus concept stay faaaaar away from this game. Rather see development of another stat or stats for gear at this point, especially if they were to remove accuracy as a stat.

For the weekends "better late than never" reward...cleared Nidhogg Ex. Course, whistle drops, I roll like crap on it and watch it go to someone whose dps I more than doubled...oh well, silver lining is I can jump right into farm groups now.

Started delving into Diadem for first time since it reopened. Pretty nice to have another alternative to farming grade 5 DoW/M materia other than running PotD for potsherds. Also allowed me to net some fun glamour stuff. I also got fairly lucky (IMO) with the RNG stat gear where I got plenty of decent aiming/scouting/dex pieces to help catch up those jobs to a reasonable level.

Odd observation: I ran Diadem 8-10 times or so as BLM, never saw the Emergency Mode or whatever. Queue up as WAR 2 times, get EM both times. It's as if the game's trying to get me to roll tank for SB or something.

Deleted
    Been out of the loop for a while, whats the best thing to spend tomestones on these days?
    Pneumites for the next relic step and gear? Whats the gear, shire still?

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Been out of the loop for a while, whats the best thing to spend tomestones on these days?
    Pneumites for the next relic step and gear? Whats the gear, shire still?
    Shire gear is still bought via scripture (and still on the weekly cap, which may or may not increase in the coming weeks). For lore, you can buy pneumites with it if you need them, although I bought all of mine via GC seals (4k seals per). Nowadays I spend it on HQ crafting mats (since Diadem has led to NQ mats flooding the MB). Of course, this is all assuming you don't need Umbrite at all...because if you do, it goes to the top of the list, since lore is the only way to buy it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    As much as I am begging for additional itemization, I'd have preferred it to be in Materia, not raid sets. Would have been a much cooler mini-game of collecting "WoW-esque set bonuses/talent options" from content in game to boost your characters power. You'd also have the benefit of spicing up gameplay off that as well and possibly even boost content participation across players comfort zones.
    The issue I have with such an approach is that you end up in almost exactly the same situation - With certain bonuses being too good not to have, thereby giving you the illusion of choice. There have also been, at various points during WoW's lifecycle, some set bonuses which were so good they ended up being the best pieces of gear for several raiding tiers until they were eventually nerfed or replaced by something even more powerful. There have also been plenty of utterly crap ones, things like Mana costs reduced by 5, so there is a limit to how many useful and interesting ones you can make before you end up releasing things that are broken OP, or just plain useless.

It's also worth considering that there just aren't enough secondary stats that are really interesting enough to justify making several variations of the same piece of gear. You can, maybe, get two different stat configurations per piece that appeal to their intended users and thats it really. It's essentially just going to be adding bloat to the already overloaded loot tables.

Deleted
    Shire gear is still bought via scripture (and still on the weekly cap, which may or may not increase in the coming weeks). For lore, you can buy pneumites with it if you need them, although I bought all of mine via GC seals (4k seals per). Nowadays I spend it on HQ crafting mats (since Diadem has led to NQ mats flooding the MB). Of course, this is all assuming you don't need Umbrite at all...because if you do, it goes to the top of the list, since lore is the only way to buy it still.
    Allright.
    And yeah its pneumite, i'm past the umbrite step on SMN, still need to get the 50 clusters however, been slacking on non story quests ever since legion launched. Though i might get a second relic for BRD or MNK before the expansion, seeing i'll be either maining one of those or roll with samurai.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad294ce9c; 2017-03-13 at 04:45 PM.

I'd rather see the set bonus concept stay faaaaar away from this game. Rather see development of another stat or stats for gear at this point, especially if they were to remove accuracy as a stat.
    I am open to whatever they want to add, but it needs to be something and it needs to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The issue I have with such an approach is that you end up in almost exactly the same situation - With certain bonuses being too good not to have, thereby giving you the illusion of choice. There have also been, at various points during WoW's lifecycle, some set bonuses which were so good they ended up being the best pieces of gear for several raiding tiers until they were eventually nerfed or replaced by something even more powerful. There have also been plenty of utterly crap ones, things like Mana costs reduced by 5, so there is a limit to how many useful and interesting ones you can make before you end up releasing things that are broken OP, or just plain useless.

It's also worth considering that there just aren't enough secondary stats that are really interesting enough to justify making several variations of the same piece of gear. You can, maybe, get two different stat configurations per piece that appeal to their intended users and thats it really. It's essentially just going to be adding bloat to the already overloaded loot tables.
    That's actually a very common fallacy people make. While there are always going to be situations where there is a clear choice, there doesn't have to be and more often than not there isn't. A really good example back in WoD was between

Speed of Light - 45s cooldown, +70% movespeed for 8s
    Pursuit of Justice - Passive 15% base movespeed. +5% per Holy Power stored (up to max of 15%, so 3 Holy Power)
    Long Arm of the Law - Upon casting Judgment (DPS ability, roughly 8s cd) you gain I think it was 45% movespeed.

There is no illusion of choice here. Effects similar to this could easily be baked into materia and made into a system where you could fit them in slots in gear.

An example for DPS talents was:

Final Verdict - Increased the range of Melee Nuke by 10yds (utility), dealt Holy damage (so ignored armor), and made your next AOE spell deal 50% more damage and have 50% more range.

Seraphim - Uses 5 Holy Power to grant you a 15s buff that enormously increased all of your stats. 30s cooldown

Both of these options were relatively balanced. One output slightly more DPS, but was more punishing to use and required more skill, thus often evening out. There was no clear choice. A lot of people took the easier option, but it wasn't a clear choice.

In all of my raiding time I don't ever recall having to wear old sets for new tiers (except for people abusing bugs w/ HFC tier into EN, which was hotfixed) so I'm not exactly sure how dated/relevant this example is.

There's a ton of room for ideas and abilities that could be baked into materia and used as gameplay enhancing/changing mechanics. It can be little things like TP changes, the way abilities work, i.e. order of ability bonuses, AOE style/direction (line vs. circle etc.), Procs, utilites, defensives, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    True - but if we're being candid here, all non raid sets generally suck worse than raid ones anyway so it'd be no real change.
    Exactly my point: FF-XIVs 270 set DOESN'T suck.
    Sure Savage gets better loot but the delta is small.

Set bonuses would greatly increase that difference and that is not sth. I want.
    The ridiculous differences in player power made me lose interest in WoWs gear completely, because no matter how much time and effort I put in, unless I raid, my character will be crap. And by crap I mean doing less than half of what a mythic raider can do.

I would love to see more interesting materia than +12 secondary stat though. I'd even go as far as taking a peek into AIONs stigma system, where materia (limited) may provide abilities or significantly alter abilites.