Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm in Texas. Your heat complaints are all folly!
    I'd take constant heat over it being 5-10C one day and 30C the other day. Fuck Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I am very critical of games, but I wouldn't ask for them to be fundamentally changed for me with the exception of botw because it was terrible. But thats neither here nor there.
    Being critical is a good thing, IMO, if done right. Also agreed on BotW, it was not great IMO. playing it was somewhat of a chore for me. It looked beautiful though.

I'm in Texas. Your heat complaints are all folly!
    Its not so much the temperature in england as the humidity. Every summer is the new hottest/dampest on record for the last ten years or so. I think last year reached something like near arizona heat and 80% humidity which was basically "not even turning these consoles/pc on" conditions i described as a 'fresh hell' at the time

@Wrecktangle

Regarding the mention, if you're advocating something to the effect of 24 mans that are somewhere around the EX primal difficulty level (harder than current 24 mans, not quite savage level)...hell yeah, I'd be game for that. It's not exactly a stretch of the imagination for them to add such content, since the assets are already in place.

It could allow us to have dyeable versions of the sets from those places, with ilvl not quite at Savage level. I'm thinking of Dun Scaith EX with ilvl 265 drops, to put it in current game perspective.

If they allowed players to form pre-made alliances for such a thing (to my knowledge, you can't do that...you basically have to have 3 8 man groups all queue at the same time for the same thing and hope/pray you get in the same instance), then I'm 100% in on this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by video games View Post
    i am very critical of games, but i wouldn't ask for them to be fundamentally changed for me with the exception of botw because it was terrible. But thats neither here nor there.
    *GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* T-T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Also agreed on BotW, it was not great IMO. playing it was somewhat of a chore for me. It looked beautiful though.
    MORE *GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASPing intensifies!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'd take constant heat over it being 5-10C one day and 30C the other day. Fuck Toronto.
    You say that until you pass the 30 days of triple digit heat.

MORE *GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASPing intensifies!!!!
    I'm playing it now, its good but top tier zelda died with wind waker. Its not about making what they want anymore, its about trying to appease an audience. First the people that screamed 'celda is going to kill nintendo' when it wasnt like that one concept trailer of link fighting ganon, then skyward sword for the people that complained that was too dark and lacked an open world, then link between words because people complained not enough freedom and item use and now breath of the wild thats an open sandbox that hands you all its tools out the gate to go nuts with but still feels like its another in a series of apology games rather than nintendo just making what they want with zelda anymore. Not terrible at all i like it but it feels like Wind Waker if it was being made to appeal to a certain audience for business reasons first before making a fun zelda game.

Remember that summer we had over 100 days of over triple digit temps? I was framing houses that summer, it was absolutely miserable. It was basically early summer temps all throughout this last winter as well, didn't even get a break before the real summer began which came early anyway. I can't wait for the day I escape this hellhole of a state.

8 man versions of the 24 man raids would be freaking awesome. They would have to stop doing mechanics that split up the raid depending on which group they are though.

We get those too sometimes... thanks humidity . How I sometimes wish those Canadian igloo jokes were true sometimes.

Also rofl I saw these on reddit.

http://i.imgur.com/6qqwjjc.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/EGLS7ld.png

Reminded me of the whole healers should dps conversation. I guess even the developers are telling you to suck it up people.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-05-26 at 06:01 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Without going to far off topic, since you quoted me, BotW was a fine game it just didn't feel like Zelda...at all. Which is my main issue. Trying a new formula is fine, but doing what they did changed the soul of what a Zelda game is to me. Specifically, the story was non-existent and I absolutely hated the weapon durability feature. I leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Remember that summer we had over 100 days of over triple digit temps? I was framing houses that summer, it was absolutely miserable. It was basically early summer temps all throughout this last winter as well, didn't even get a break before the real summer began which came early anyway. I can't wait for the day I escape this hellhole of a state.
    Same summer, the 30 days was consecutive, but the total for the summer was over 100.

Hellhole of a state.... Look here now, tree, them's fightin' words!

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm only semi joking here, but the most fun i had was when it was finally over.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm only semi joking here, but the most fun i had was when it was finally over.
    I'm finishing it tonight. Did the Wisdom, Power, Courage shrines (which I feel should have been more important and larger than the others), have the Hylian Shield, have my Twilight outfit so I look like proper Link (minus chest, using Hylian armor dyed green... darn amiibo isn't giving me the tunic). Just going to rewatch the memories in order, then go storm the castle.

After that, it's a FFXIV 3 day weekend. DO ALL THE THINGS TO PREPARE FOR STORMBLOOD!

Hellhole of a state.... Look here now, tree, them's fightin' words!
    I guess maybe it depends on where in Texas you live. Where I am there's nothing but cotton fields, mesquite trees and dust storms. I want to live somewhere that it's cold for the majority of the year and mostly green with lots of rain. This place is everything I can't stand.

Oddly enough, where I am located (Georgia, but 30 minutes from being in Florida), the humidity has not been the usual god-awful that we're accustomed to. But July and August are still ahead, and those are generally the worst months here (with May and June not being far behind). Rainfall wise, it's been a bit on the dry side this year, so that would explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Oddly enough, where I am located (Georgia, but 30 minutes from being in Florida), the humidity has not been the usual god-awful that we're accustomed to. But July and August are still ahead, and those are generally the worst months here (with May and June not being far behind). Rainfall wise, it's been a bit on the dry side this year, so that would explain it.
    August is the best here, country turns into the north shroud and its the perfect mmo time. warm hoody, giant cups of tea and the foul star that burns hides behind a grey sky.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    August is the best here, country turns into the north shroud and its the perfect mmo time. warm hoody, giant cups of tea and the foul star that burns hides behind a grey sky.
    I was in Pennsylvania mid August several years ago, and the area my friends and I were staying was very reminiscent of the Shroud, even though it was in/near the Pocono Mountains. Non-existent humidity and highs in the 70F range. Great weather for that time of the year.

Then when I returned home the next week, soon as I stepped off the plane, it was like being slapped in the face with a wet rag. 100% humidity and 83F...at midnight, lol. Turned to face the flight attendant near the doorway with this buggered eye expression and said "Well, no doubt I'm back home now".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I guess maybe it depends on where in Texas you live. Where I am there's nothing but cotton fields, mesquite trees and dust storms. I want to live somewhere that it's cold for the majority of the year and mostly green with lots of rain. This place is everything I can't stand.
    Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    I'm assuming you mean in Thanalan out in the open world, as really the only crystals in Ul'dah are the Aetherytes. So stuff like The Burning Wall?
    Yes, I do mean Thanalan, and yes I think it is the Burning Wall. At night it's all lit up and glowy and it looks fantastic. There are also all kinds of ruins dotted across Thanalan, so the place very clearly has a long history which is never really explored or built upon. Just "Here's some ruins". They're cool ruins and all, but they're not really used for anything but filling in landmass.

I'd much prefer they expanded on that kind of thing than on the MSQ. There's a lot of cool in game real-estate thats seriously underused.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The fact that you like the other stuff enough to go through the story anyway is fantastic and a bonus but it's a story centric game, it's a Final Fantasy game, you should have known that coming into it, and you stuck with it through all of the "useless crap" anyway to get to the parts you wanted to play.
    Final Fantasy 1, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 12 have all been very lax when it comes to putting story at the forefront. Once you reach a certain point, usually quite early on, the game opens up and you're free to go exploring optional dungeons, sequence breaking and essentially picking and choosing which content it is that you want to do. 12 especially embraced the idea of plentiful side quests at every stage of the game. I've not played 15 yet, but I'm under the impression it's a more open world type affair too?

On the other hand, 9, 10 and 13 were much stricter more on-rails experiences. Trying to pin a whole series down as being "story centric" when the series has handled the story differently in each itteration is disengenuous I feel. They've let you do your own thing as often as they've rigidly bound you to the story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    There's a point here that a lot of people are missing and I don't think you're giving enough light to. it's not the removal of any content or "core structure" that's important. You just want a little more freedom to play the game how you want. That's a fair point to have, and frankly one that really wouldn't impact anyone. They're still going to play the game the way they want, that ultimately mirrors SQEX's intended path regardless.
    Exactly. I'm not advocating the MSQ be removed entirely, but that it shouldn't be the only way to unlock other game content. Offering alternate leveling paths appeals to a much wider spectrum of players without having any real effect on the players who are there for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    If FATEs were interesting I'd be totally more upbeat about it. Honestly the entire Hunt system and FATE system should have been combined from the get go, and Hunts should have been made to be interesting not HP sponges. Then couple this with repercussions and dynamic applications and you'd have me on board.
    I'd love them to just straight up lift some of the Hunts from FF 12. Okay some of the spawning conditions would have to be changed, but some of the hunt bosses did need some pretty sophisticated tactics. It would make for challenging small group content for 4-8 man groups, as well as let them make use of more of the out of the way corners of the world.

As for FATEs, I agree they could use some work. There's a lot of potential for these kinds of open world designs, everything from what games like GW2 has done where a series of events can be it's own self-contained story to what Rift has, where a zone wide event takes place and ends with a boss. As they are, they tend to be rather uninspired mostly due to Squenix wanting to play it safe. If they'd taken a few more risks they could have made something far more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Seattle?
    That's what I'm hoping for. Either there or anywhere in Washington really, I feel like Seattle would be a little more populated than I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Yes, I do mean Thanalan, and yes I think it is the Burning Wall. At night it's all lit up and glowy and it looks fantastic. There are also all kinds of ruins dotted across Thanalan, so the place very clearly has a long history which is never really explored or built upon. Just "Here's some ruins". They're cool ruins and all, but they're not really used for anything but filling in landmass.

I'd much prefer they expanded on that kind of thing than on the MSQ. There's a lot of cool in game real-estate thats seriously underused.
    Some of those are discussed here and there, a lot of the Ruins around Thanalan are remnants of Belah'diah, Ul'dah's sister city that was destroyed when Ul'dah got scared of the power of Black Mages, and Qarn is the single civilization that both of them split off from, Sil'dih.

A lot of the lore for things like that do exist, they're just hidden behind things you normally pass up, like side-quest text other MMOs have taught you are useless and should be clicked through, or things like the sightseeing log. The entire postmoogle thing is even is basically Koji's way of fixing "This was never relevant to the MSQ but it's worth expanding on, here's a questline to discuss things and flesh out characters.", and is updated nearly every patch with another storyline to build the world

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the press embargo's going to be ending near to the end of the month, once that's done we'll get to hear about the changes from people who got a hands on with the changed jobs and meters

From a source that stayed vague enough to not break the NDA, a lot of the changes, even the ones that looked sketchy, are extremely good
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-05-27 at 12:31 AM.