Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    No. Protect is about 5% dmg reduction.
    I don't see why that was worth leaving the group over, the next group gave me a hard time about it too even though the tank had it and we were never even close to dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Otter otter otter otter. That pet is so derp and cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I ain't got no Auto-Download. The preorder theme auto downloaded and that was it.

Still can't use the theme till Friday though.
    Its definitely being a little bigguy, i preordered the digital collectors edition but says its the regular version.

10+ Year Old Account

Forget medium house, I'll buy this.

I need that new magitek mount...

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Out right attacking will, sure. Saying something like "Tom Brady should have been benched because of... [reasons]" is probably going to start a discussion rather than a fight while everyone channels their inner Coach to tell you why you're right/wrong/somewhere in between. Sports fans, in my experience, tend to be more open to criticism of their teams performance rather than react with hostility, especially if you can back up your opinion with facts and examples.

Gamers on the other hand take critique like "The inventory could be done better because of...[reasons]" as a threat to the game they're playing and will actively seek to shut down any discussion - Usually by resorting to "If you don't like it exactly as it is go back to WoW!" defence. People need to realise that most criticism comes from the desire to see the game improve, not to tear it down.
    I've seen extremes everywhere. As a Clevelander, the crap I've had to wade through today is almost embarassing.

The point is instead of saying you hate an entire fan base because they are defensive, try and understand why that is. Since this game has come out, their is an unending onslaught of people comparing it to wow and saying it sucks because of xyz. It gets exhausting over time. And you start to get defensive over even the small slights. Specially when your in game, your relaxing, trying to lose yourself in the game, and then see more people where you thought you where safe comparing and picking apart the game.

And how much criticism are people supposed to accept and be ok with. I've seen groups of people want the MSQ made optional. I've seen groups that want the content made harder. I've seen groups that wanted even easier content. People that want mods, or at least damage meters. And thats just the normal stuff that crops up. All of this stuff would make all of these groups happy. But what about the people that are happy with the game as it is and don't need all of this. If you frequent any message board your inundated with criticisms and different people wanting different QoL changes. In a vacuum, sure no big deal, lets discuss. But when theres 10 different threads with people wanting different changes, and saying no big deal, just listen to what I want, what can it hurt? The fear starts to rise that if the developers start trying to make all of these different groups happy, you might start to lose the game you enjoy.

I'm not saying, if the examples that where given happened as stated, that it wasn't an over reaction. But instead of saying all "weebs" suck because they cant take criticism, think about the amount of criticism, nit picking, and out right bashing they have had to wade through to enjoy their game.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a fine line between constructive criticism and simply wanting to morph a game into something it's not. For example, I've always had it in the back of my mind that if Black Desert Online had just shades of the content I'm interested in, I'd be more interested in playing it. But clearly it's never going to be that kind of game. It makes me sad that the movement and attack animations, and combat fluidity will likely NEVER be seen in a game with rich, interesting and unique PvE. Likewise, FFXIV has all the PvE I could ever desire, but its combat is awful. No game has ever managed to combine "true" action combat with great PvE content successfully, and that's a shame. But certainly, I'm not going around to every forum lambasting games for not being ideal. I find what I can, where I can. Which means I often jump between MMOs very frequently.e

If I pre order now would I still get early access?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    As of this post, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You got 46 hours left.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    I've seen extremes everywhere. As a Clevelander, the crap I've had to wade through today is almost embarassing.

The point is instead of saying you hate an entire fan base because they are defensive, try and understand why that is. Since this game has come out, their is an unending onslaught of people comparing it to wow and saying it sucks because of xyz. It gets exhausting over time. And you start to get defensive over even the small slights. Specially when your in game, your relaxing, trying to lose yourself in the game, and then see more people where you thought you where safe comparing and picking apart the game.

And how much criticism are people supposed to accept and be ok with. I've seen groups of people want the MSQ made optional. I've seen groups that want the content made harder. I've seen groups that wanted even easier content. People that want mods, or at least damage meters. And thats just the normal stuff that crops up. All of this stuff would make all of these groups happy. But what about the people that are happy with the game as it is and don't need all of this. If you frequent any message board your inundated with criticisms and different people wanting different QoL changes. In a vacuum, sure no big deal, lets discuss. But when theres 10 different threads with people wanting different changes, and saying no big deal, just listen to what I want, what can it hurt? The fear starts to rise that if the developers start trying to make all of these different groups happy, you might start to lose the game you enjoy.

I'm not saying, if the examples that where given happened as stated, that it wasn't an over reaction. But instead of saying all "weebs" suck because they cant take criticism, think about the amount of criticism, nit picking, and out right bashing they have had to wade through to enjoy their game.
    That's silly though if your criticism is, "Can we has better inventory?"

I can understand the rest and I feel similarly. In fact, all I want, personally, is things like GS additions and basically continuing expansion on what the game already offers without such a hard skew on dungeons/raid grinding.

...and Enix seems to be doing that so good on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    As of this post, yes.
    Don't you get early access, even if you buy it after the start date but within the EA period?

I don't think that door is shut until the EA is actually over and one with for obvious reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    There's a fine line between constructive criticism and simply wanting to morph a game into something it's not. For example, I've always had it in the back of my mind that if Black Desert Online had just shades of the content I'm interested in, I'd be more interested in playing it. But clearly it's never going to be that kind of game. It makes me sad that the movement and attack animations, and combat fluidity will likely NEVER be seen in a game with rich, interesting and unique PvE. Likewise, FFXIV has all the PvE I could ever desire, but its combat is awful. No game has ever managed to combine "true" action combat with great PvE content successfully, and that's a shame. But certainly, I'm not going around to every forum lambasting games for not being ideal. I find what I can, where I can. Which means I often jump between MMOs very frequently.e
    I feel your pain.

You get access to the pre-order bonus which includes early access up until the official launch of Stormblood on the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You get access to the pre-order bonus which includes early access up until the official launch of Stormblood on the 20th.
    That's what I thought.

Anyone have this issue on PS4 with a mouse? Tapping both the left and right mouse button together basically hides the cursor and instead of moving your character normally whenever you move it with WASD it just turns around instead? If I click the cursor comes back but it's still a bit annoying.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-14 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I must have the one at 1:16, so amazing. Also whoever does the armor in XIV is a god

Dumb question but I'm currently level 48 and a half and out of MSQ's, what is the best way to hit 50 to continue?

10+ Year Old Account
    do Palace of the Dead, it's the only way to level fast

ok, what levels would be best for PotD?

10+ Year Old Account
    what do you mean level best for potd? your level or potd floor?