Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Hopefully, they are just a means to "side progression", as in something to do. I honestly hope SE doesnt gate raid progression behind dailies. Thats the only thing I hated about MoP. Dailies should be used to give the player something special, like a mount or cool side item. . . not prevent me from raiding. . .
    /rantoff.
    We must have different ideas of what "Gating" means, because dailies do not gate you from raiding in MoP at all. The reputation with factions and being able to spend valor points on gear was stupid IMO, and having to grind dailies for bonus rolls was dumb as well, but you could still raid just fine without ever doing any of these things. The character progression being tied to them was really dumb, but this is not gating.

Now if you were in a hardcore guild that required you to do these things, that is your own prerogative. I see nothing wrong with dailies as some people absolutely love the idea of daily tasks, I am not a fan and dont bother with them after the first few times. Hopefully FF14 will make them be for cosmetic things and not for character progression, it feels more fun when its working towards something cosmetic/fun than for character progression which turns it into a daily chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Yes.

ALSO, TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CONFIRM THEIR EARLY ACCESS STATUS.

http://i.imgur.com/eAkIjyR.png

This is what your launcher should be showing.

This is what your launcher will look like if you do NOT have early access: http://i.imgur.com/38y8eYw.jpg?1
    Thanks for this!

I have an EU early access code, i need an US early access code, if anyone want to trade, reply to this.

Deleted
    We have confirmed an issue wherein players were unable the load their character data from the official benchmark when changing the appearance of their FINAL FANTASY XIV version 1.0 characters.

In addition, we identified several display issues with the editing screen itself. Due to these display issues, players may have had a difficult time changing the appearance and/or character name of their characters.

Therefore, we have decided to provide the following services.

- Provide a one-time character name change.
    - Provide a one-time character appearance change.

* Please note that we will only be providing the service to those who encountered problems during the character change process.

We will follow-up once we have more information on the matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

This is in the launcher news

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I just....remembered. What role do Paladins do in FFXIV anyways?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tank, better at single target than multi-target.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They are tanks. Heres a breakdown of the other jobs if anyones interested:

Tanks - Paladin(Gladiator), Warrior(Maurader)

DPS - Monk(Pugilist), Dragoon(Lancer), Bard(Archer), Black Mage(Thaumaturge), Summoner(Arcanist)

Healers - White Mage(Conjurer), Scholar(Arcanist*please note this class is not a healer)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's....disappointing.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-08-22 at 07:46 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

just preordered today and promptly got my key. Downloading right now.

So in what categories are servers split up into? Only EU and US or are their subcategories for different languages and if so it would be really awesome of someone to name the mainly german and english ones so i dont end up on a realm where i dont understand half the other ppl's native languages.

P.S.: The bigger the better and if any information in potential endgame raiding guilds are allready available, that information would be a charm aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karambo View Post
    Hey guys,

just preordered today and promptly got my key. Downloading right now.

So in what categories are servers split up into? Only EU and US or are their subcategories for different languages and if so it would be really awesome of someone to name the mainly german and english ones so i dont end up on a realm where i dont understand half the other ppl's native languages.

P.S.: The bigger the better and if any information in potential endgame raiding guilds are allready available, that information would be a charm aswell.
    Realm's are split EU, US, JP.

All EU and US Realms are located in Montreal, Canada.

There are no specific language servers, and you will find a mix on all the EU servers.

I think Moogle was the most populated EU server, and During my time on Moogle the chat was something like 90% English (from a mix of UK, Italian, French, German players) , with some french language. (and a lot of arguing from people about speaking in English)
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-08-22 at 08:21 PM.

I pre-ordered and registered my bonus stuff and the key but it hasn't charged my card for it, has this happened to anyone else? I got it like a week ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    I pre-ordered and registered my bonus stuff and the key but it hasn't charged my card for it, has this happened to anyone else? I got it like a week ago.
    Most places that offer a preorder don't charge until the product ships.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Most places that offer a preorder don't charge until the product ships.
    That's what I figured even tho I got it from the SE site.

Is the only way to even see crafting mats "in the wild" by equipping whatever gathering tool is required for that discipline? Seems kinda odd. OK, let go gather mats, but I can even see them with my normal gear on, and if I'm gathering and something attacks me, I have to swap gear "builds" in order to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    Realm's are split EU, US, JP.

All EU and US Realms are located in Montreal, Canada.

There are no specific language servers, and you will find a mix on all the EU servers.

I think Moogle was the most populated server, and During my time on Moogle the chat was something like 90% English (from a mix of UK, Italian, French, German players) , with some french language. (and a lot of arguing from people about speaking in English)
    Moogle was like 90% French lol, on Saturday night it went on for like an hour all in French using /shout.

I'm bailing ship on Saturday and i'll go somewhere else, wanted to start fresh anyway after OB.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Moogle was like 90% French lol, on Saturday night it went on for like an hour all in French using /shout.

I'm bailing ship on Saturday and i'll go somewhere else, wanted to start fresh anyway after OB.
    Gilgimesh was mostly english. also behemoth is going to be the server of choice of xiv/gamebreaker nation peeps. mostly all english

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

Nah it was definitely mostly English speaking. There were just a couple of french people deliberately speaking in french to antagonize the guy who kept moaning about them speaking french.

Ultos seemed to be mainly english, in fact I can't recall anyone not using it. I only got to play a fairly limited amount of time though.

For anyone who's still getting the wrong code from the NA code redemption page (like myself): I just got off the phone with square enix support. If you call, they'll collect your info (account name, 18 digit code, incorrect EU 20 digit code) and then let you know they're working on it. I was told they're collecting the info from people who are still having issues and hope to have a fix out sometime tomorrow. So calling support won't get your issue fixed. You just have to wait and hope that you actually get early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    They are tanks. Heres a breakdown of the other jobs if anyones interested:

Tanks - Paladin(Gladiator), Warrior(Maurader)

DPS - Monk(Pugilist), Dragoon(Lancer), Bard(Archer), Black Mage(Thaumaturge), Summoner(Arcanist)

Healers - White Mage(Conjurer), Scholar(Arcanist*please note this class is not a healer)
    I am confused how leveling works.

Do I level up normally or once I choose a class like conjurer I then upgrade to white mage? or is my class conjurer/white mage which i level up independently?