Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Check inside the class icons in the party list. You have a bar there that tells you how much threat you have on your current target.
    Finally got in to see what you were talking about. I have to say I'm not a fan of it being in the party screen like that at all. Are they ever going to allow addons in this game at some point? (not sure if they had said anything or not)

I have so far have not noticed any problems with tanks when they know what they are doing. Only time there was tankin problem was when I managed to be in group of this tank that must have had quite damn low IQ. He didn't get out of any aoe that repeatedly killed him. I dont think he did much more than hit one button. He didn't seem to understand anything when group tried to tell him what he had to do so he wouldnt die. ... well you get the point. Halfway trough dungeon we just started ignoring his presence as if he wasnt there and it was either the dps or healer that tanked. It worked fine!

I think the system filters out bads. You can't go to higher level dungeons until you have properly completed lower level ones. Getting past some retard checks makes sure you don't see any of these people at higher levels where I have always had good group. They either learn to play or quit.

So I'd say everything is fine regarding tanking and/or healing.

Stupid question i know, anyone having an issue with the character select screen? It keeps giving me an error and then closes the whole game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Labrys View Post
    Stupid question i know, anyone having an issue with the character select screen? It keeps giving me an error and then closes the whole game.
    That's just one of the many issues happening unfortunatly
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    If you can't even play the game, that is FAR from the best launch. I haven't been able to play since Thursday and the earliest I will get to will be on Tuesday at the earliest. I hardly got to play during early access and the was only able to play during the work week because I would log in during lunch and afk to ensure I could actually play the game when I got home. This is easily the worst launch I have ever experienced in an MMO. What a joke.
    The short answer is they launched about a week before they were actually ready to.

They needed a longer stress-test period for the servers, and they needed to spend more time gathering better data to determine just how much server capacity they'd need for launch week.

I might as well have waited another two or three weeks before buying the game for all the good my $30 has done me so far.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I've been having it on and off all day.

Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    That's just one of the many issues happening unfortunatly
    Just managed to get past it, now fighting with error 1017 : /

- - - Updated - - -

15 mins and counting!

Just managed to get past it, now fighting with error 1017 : /

- - - Updated - - -

15 mins and counting!
    I wonder if they've fixed something. I went from not seeing character list to 1017's about at that same time.

Obviously it's not FIXED fixed, since we're still getting 1017's, but... Progress, kind of?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Finally got in to see what you were talking about. I have to say I'm not a fan of it being in the party screen like that at all. Are they ever going to allow addons in this game at some point? (not sure if they had said anything or not)
    There is an easier way to see threat.
    When you attack something it gives a little window above your chat with the name of the mob + either a green dot , yellow triangle or red square, which is your threat level.

Green dot means fire away, yellow means use ability that reduces threat or stop attacking for a second , red means you got aggro and the mob will start to fixate on you.

30 minutes.

Fuck this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    read the bit where im only refering to single target heals and the section where i refer to crit heals, clearly people dont read posts, i dont even bother going to mention medica, not to mention, ive said i heal when the tank is taking damage, and not even spam healing.

and sorry, if people think this is how it should be, really are just blind, its broken, dont make me laugh at you guys when they change the threat levels, and its funny how people keep banging on about dpsing throttling, again people dont read posts, if a cure crit can rip aggro, thats not tank doing a bad job if hes constantly hitting the target, and this is single target, thats just plain bad and broken, sheesh, people thinking its hard cant seem to distinguish it from broken
    Then you had a shitty tank....

The best tank I have had so far used the marking system on every pull to let us know which mobs to dps first. The dungeon was quick and painless. Hopefully this will be the gold standard all tanks use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    If you can't even play the game, that is FAR from the best launch. I haven't been able to play since Thursday and the earliest I will get to will be on Tuesday at the earliest. I hardly got to play during early access and was only able to play during the work week because I would log in during lunch and afk to ensure I could actually play the game when I got home. This is easily the worst launch I have ever experienced in an MMO. What a joke.
    Well sorry but this sort of thing should ALWAYS be expected and we even get free 7 days to make up for it..

As far as launches go yes the servers are overloaded but the client itself is smooth smoother then any launch client I've ever seen...The servers themselves as well as number of players are the biggest problems..I have played MMOs with gamebreaking glitches and exploits with entire functions or pieces of the game missing..Yes GW2 is indeed among them.

If getting in is the only real problem then this is indeed a great launch...Hell we hace less server trouble then WoW had in BC or wrath..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The best tank I have had so far used the marking system on every pull to let us know which mobs to dps first. The dungeon was quick and painless. Hopefully this will be the gold standard all tanks use.
    When needed I mark mobs for sleep and later on I will likely do kill order as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Well sorry but this sort of thing should ALWAYS be expected and we even get free 7 days to make up for it..

As far as launches go yes the servers are overloaded but the client itself is smooth smoother then any launch client I've ever seen...The servers themselves as well as number of players are the biggest problems..I have played MMOs with gamebreaking glitches and exploits with entire functions or pieces of the game missing..Yes GW2 is indeed among them.

If getting in is the only real problem then this is indeed a great launch...Hell we hace less server trouble then WoW had in BC or wrath..
    The game could be the best game ever made. But if you cant actually play the damn thing whats the point?

45 minutes spamming A and dealing with periodic "Cant find NA/EU servers"

Its bullshit. Squares bandaid fix to the mass amount of players is one of the most pants on head retarded fixes i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played MMOs with gamebreaking glitches and exploits with entire functions or pieces of the game missing.
    To be fair I had to quit game because I for some reason couldn't get out of gathering and thus can't do anything, not even log out via the game menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game could be the best game ever made. But if you cant actually play the damn thing whats the point?

45 minutes spamming A and dealing with periodic "Cant find NA/EU servers"

Its bullshit. Squares bandaid fix to the mass amount of players is one of the most pants on head retarded fixes i have ever seen.
    And they are doing a real fix as well...

Listen I have seen games that are FAR more unplayable then this and as I said if you EVER expect to see a flawless MMO launch then I have a death star full of naked sex crazed individuals of your preference waiting for you for free..

Could they have stress tested more or done other things then yes I'd agree but this is by no means the worst launch out there nor even half as bad as some people are making it out to be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    To be fair I had to quit game because I for some reason couldn't get out of gathering and thus can't do anything, not even log out via the game menu.
    Ok that is pretty nasty and first I've heard of...My sympathies man...Still say it's one of the better launches

And they are doing a real fix as well...

Listen I have seen games that are FAR more unplayable then this and as I said if you EVER expect to see a flawless MMO launch then I have a death star full of naked sex crazed individuals of your preference waiting for you for free..

Could they have stress tested more or done other things then yes I'd agree but this is by no means the worst launch out there nor even half as bad as some people are making it out to be
    I didnt expect it to be flawless.

But for their third MMO launch

(2nd for the same god damn game) I expected it to be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've been marking every pull as well. The game makes it really easy to mark, as you can just move the "signs" menu/overlay to a corner of your UI and use it whenever you need to.

....what. I have been apart of nearly every single major mmo launch since roughly 2008. While many of them were bumpy(aion, gw3, swtor) not a single one of those come close to the level of ineptitude showcased by SE. I would also like to point out that I can't remember the last time an mmo company fucked up so badly, they actually felt the need to give out free time.

I've been thinking to give a try for ARR but I guess its still not worth starting with the huge amount of replies here that are related to login issues. So what has been brought up a lot here is the capacity issues of servers and login problems. Could someone tell me how those things are currently and are there any estimated time frames to fixes?
    I would be joining EU server preferably if this has any relevance to the matter.

Also I would appreciate any comments about Archer class in general since I've been thinking about starting with it. Thanks for the info in advance!