Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ooooh right...Forgot about this..Guess more sleep for me LOL.
    only supposed ot be a couple of hours, but the short cut off screwed me over, I'm just sitting out in the world instead of getting rest XP =/

Apparently they brought down the servers early to deal with a game breaking hack that has been making headway throughout the servers. I won't go into specifics but I can't blame them for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Apparently they brought down the servers early to deal with a game breaking hack that has been making headway throughout the servers. I won't go into specifics but I can't blame them for doing so.
    I don't have a huge problem with it, just some notification on the launch board would of been nice but not gonna go crazy. Played MMO's long enough to kow that stuff like this happens, especially with a new game. Just never seen them do that so was a bit flabbergasted.

copy paste from someone "that bug is the same conspiracy of ISPs that make the game lag in order to make SE look bad are now trying to hack the game, thus far the only known defense is having your camera zoomed all the way out."

joking aside, my lodestone character is wearing the equipment i equip last night
    something really bad likely to happen
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

Deleted
    From what I gather on official forums (and other website like bluegartr). There apparently has been found a hack that forces you to buy something from the marketboards while you are playing. You just get a message like "Insufficient Gil" and you happen to have bought an overpriced item (i.e 2 mil bone chip). From what I understand it could be that the server accepts any client telling him that buyer x bought item y from seller z.

Even though I assume they are fixing it right now, I would suggest people to put the majority of their funds in their retainer (retainers can't buy items as far as I know).

Quote Originally Posted by detwisj View Post
    From what I gather on official forums (and other website like bluegartr). There apparently has been found a hack that forces you to buy something from the marketboards while you are playing. You just get a message like "Insufficient Gil" and you happen to have bought an overpriced item (i.e 2 mil bone chip). From what I understand it could be that the server accepts any client telling him that buyer x bought item y from seller z.

Even though I assume they are fixing it right now, I would suggest people to put the majority of their funds in their retainer (retainers can't buy items as far as I know).
    Good suggestion, probably not a bad thing to do anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I'd like it better if I didn't have to show my scrub lvl 70 SCH gear. I rerolled from WHM for raid comp, resetting my gear progression. Coil rains DRG loot, and we haven't seen a single healer piece in a 2 months.
    I like how ilvl 70 Gear is considered scrub gear with the game being out for just over 2 months. And by like I mean it's an elitest attitude permeating throughout the game far too much already.

By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armours hollow on the hill.

Any suggestion on getting titan hm kill? I remember entire rotation in every phase and how I must move even in lag to not get hit by stuff. It seems, though, that too many of the 7 people around me dont. I'm also as geared as I can be expected (full dark light, craftable ilvl70 HQ weapon), I got foods and even experience from basically entire fight (p5 slightly less because people dont survive that far) and I also believe I'm not usual stupid who doesn't learn.

People in mor dhona require relics for titan hm runs (wth?) or groups are entirely undergeared and dont even know the fight. FC is semi social, so organizing group together that can kill titan is a problem. I dont want to join another FC just for one boss. I'll quit before I'm too desperate to buy the kill.

I'm honestly getting bored. It is as if at end game there is two groups of people. Those who have relic and those who dont. If you got relic you got access to everything and if you don't you dont have access to practically anything in a proper way. There is also very little interaction with these groups. Thus there is very little chance of getting group that has knowledge of the fight or will take you with them. You are only stuck picking people from the no relic group since experienced people wont even notice you.

I'm not exactly wanting group purely from the relic people (though, I dont think I'd exactly get "carried" anymore even, if I did get one), but I'd like people to mix.

This turned into a slight rant... but still I think there is point somewhere in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Any suggestion on getting titan hm kill? I remember entire rotation in every phase and how I must move even in lag to not get hit by stuff. It seems, though, that too many of the 7 people around me dont. I'm also as geared as I can be expected (full dark light, craftable ilvl70 HQ weapon), I got foods and even experience from basically entire fight (p5 slightly less because people dont survive that far) and I also believe I'm not usual stupid who doesn't learn.

People in mor dhona require relics for titan hm runs (wth?) or groups are entirely undergeared and dont even know the fight. FC is semi social, so organizing group together that can kill titan is a problem. I dont want to join another FC just for one boss. I'll quit before I'm too desperate to buy the kill.

I'm honestly getting bored. It is as if at end game there is two groups of people. Those who have relic and those who dont. If you got relic you got access to everything and if you don't you dont have access to practically anything in a proper way. There is also very little interaction with these groups. Thus there is very little chance of getting group that has knowledge of the fight or will take you with them. You are only stuck picking people from the no relic group since experienced people wont even notice you.

I'm not exactly wanting group purely from the relic people (though, I dont think I'd exactly get "carried" anymore even, if I did get one), but I'd like people to mix.

This turned into a slight rant... but still I think there is point somewhere in it.
    I think having a good FC is essential. Get 10 or so people at the same level and just ask FC chat for group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Hey you're using my xivpads sig template! I'm glad it's finding use for others as well.
    When XIVpads allow me, I'll be using that one too since mine was finally snipped.

Lasted pretty long, though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakkis View Post
    I like how ilvl 70 Gear is considered scrub gear with the game being out for just over 2 months. And by like I mean it's an elitest attitude permeating throughout the game far too much already.

People are pricks and I hoped this game would flush out the douche bags from Wow.
    You cared enough to post.

Any suggestion on getting titan hm kill?
    buy it, join an fc doing bc, make a good impression and sell kills or just kill bosses

we've made so much off selling titan

if you've got professions or enough time to spam WP for quick runs, money is easy to make. armorers can make HQ darksteel flanchard with 9 cokes + other materials and sell for 300k+. GSM can make HQ rose gold ear screw with 9 Peacock Ore, which, when melded appropriately can be good for tanks and melee dps. Not sure what they sell for, but pricing is probably similar.

but pentamelding accessory can be pretty costly on its own

50 vitality III materia
    2 successful forbidden melds

fucked the market

Vitality III used to sell for 3k, now it sells for 10k lol

we personally spam until we line up a few buyers and take whatever they offer (within reason, of course)

300k is nothing when you can make like 150k in one day doing easy shit

Its not the money. I could buy it several times, if I wanted. Its just that I DONT BUY boss kills. I'll quit before that happens. What I'd want is mixing of people. Some reason for experienced people come do it. Right now nobody goes there unless they absolutely have to.

Regardless how painfull it is, I dont think want to be part of those people who paid for a boss kill...ever. It kills the idea of playing game. If game is in such state that progressing is in most cases too hard that without paying for it you cant progress then the game has a serious problem.

Deleted
    Keep doing a good job and giving proper impressions for people. As cruel as it sounds, drop the people who keep messing up during Phase 5 until you finally get enough people that gives you a shot at success. There's simply a limit to how hard you can carry others, whether you actually want to be nice and carry the Black Mage with Str/Dex accessories or not.

Titan sadly just is that kind of unforgiving fight. You won't be getting anywhere if half the group consistently dies to Weight of the Land or flies off the edge by Landslide. There's no nice Paladin to save you from Eruptions or caster to make your job easy with Meteor like with Ifrit. Personally I believe that the difficulty curve of Hard mode Primals could've been tuned far better, but meh.

A few tips:
    Don't even try to DF Titan because you only need one tank for it, and DF will give you two which is a HUGE loss in the heart phase when you could use that extra DPS.
    Make sure you have over 3200 HP and are good at dodging stuff. Getting that much HP was actually pretty difficult for me on BLM, which is part of why all the gear requirements for the fight seem so steep.
    Don't be afraid to buy some good food for the fight if you need that extra HP.

I dunno what job you are doing Titan HM on but I also wouldn't worry about it TOO much and just try and help your FC get some people geared up for it. If you're the only good player in your FC that sucks and I feel bad for you, but I'm guessing you've got some good players there, right? So even if you only have 2 or 3, try joining some shout chat groups for Titan HM together. Maybe your server is a trash-infested hellhole like Ultros but my main's server is really good and has a nice community. We did a LS/shout group Titan HM kill earlier today with lots of good players.

Don't get me wrong either, I find lots of elitist pricks to be annoying in this game and I try not to work with them. Titan requires way more coordination and skill than Garuda, who is pretty hard in her own right, but mostly you just need people with some gear. They don't need full Darklight or anything like that. Honestly, AK gear and a primal weapon are generally good enough. Just keep trying, but don't bang your head against a wall focused purely on Titan HM, is I guess what I'm trying to say.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the money. I could buy it several times, if I wanted. Its just that I DONT BUY boss kills. I'll quit before that happens. What I'd want is mixing of people. Some reason for experienced people come do it. Right now nobody goes there unless they absolutely have to.

Regardless how painfull it is, I dont think want to be part of those people who paid for a boss kill...ever. It kills the idea of playing game. If game is in such state that progressing is in most cases too hard that without paying for it you cant progress then the game has a serious problem.
    Buying a boss kill is pretty silly. Just keep at it and you will enjoy it more once Titan goes boom. There is satisfaction in telling people spamming fees to GFY.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd want is mixing of people. Some reason for experienced people come do it. Right now nobody goes there unless they absolutely have to...If game is in such state that progressing is in most cases too hard that without paying for it you cant progress then the game has a serious problem.
    Experience comes with wipes. When my FC stated, we wiped on Titan a good few times before we down it, and took us even more practice (and wiping) to a state that where we can just sell runs now. You want people to mix, but, for someone who already wiped countlessly on it, do I really want to mix in with someone with no experience and most likely wipe us? No, I think I have done my fair share of wiping, and similarly to the people that done that countless times, that is why people with experience only join group with people with experience.

You said you hated it if you can't progress without Titan. Problem is, how do you plan to do Coil once you beaten Titan? The fights in Coils are harder than of Titan, if you don't have a group that can down Titan, you pretty much have no chance at Coil anyway. Not even boss, the very first mob you come across in Coil is already a mini boss, without 2 reliable stunner taking turn stunning High Voltage it is already a wipe. DPS cannot kill the mini globe fast enough is a wipe. Hitting by laser you may survive, but in most case is instant death.

You better off finding a better FC if you really thinking about end game, especially if they don't even get Titan down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Buying a boss kill is pretty silly. Just keep at it and you will enjoy it more once Titan goes boom. There is satisfaction in telling people spamming fees to GFY.
    Doesn't matter, there are plenty of customers.

Every time we set up a group for sell runs we get another customers almost within 5min from the last. And we call it after like 7-10 runs.

Im so mad i cant even play this game because my rig is too old

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoyment View Post
    Im so mad i cant even play this game because my rig is too old

Could be worse, I have a rig but seems like here lately every night that I have off they decide to do maintenance. I think of the last 4 days I've tried to play 3 of them have been a no go. Not complaining, its something that happens with new games, just my luck is sucking bad right now.

Finally dinged 50 last night, haven't played through all the story quests, so i'll prolly post later on what I think of the story over all (I think I just have 1 dungeon or duty fight left against against what i'm assuming is the last boss) but I did go through castrum meridian.

I really dislike how cutscenes are individual. To one extent, I can see this as a good thing, as the currency the last boss drops keeps the place relevant to people that aren't doing the story for the 1st time so peeps like me have a chance to do the dungeon, but doesn't force folks to re-watch the same story scenes all the time (a failing of SWTOR story dungeons)

But it was really annoying to find I was getting locked out of fights or left behind because I wanted to see the cut scenes in game. At one stage my toon was standing on a platform getting bombed with missles and stuff, but I seemed to be invulnerable during the cutscene, so had to quickly hop down. I've seen people post comments in situations like this (nobody really said much about it, but 90% of the party had Japanese as their language so that could be why) that you should "go onto youtube!" but IMO, I want to watch the story in game, and with my toon. I have zero interest in the cutscenes when its not my character. (As a side point I did like how the cutscenes refer to me as being the leader of a bunch of adventurers. Gives a good reason why the cutscenes show only me, but also explaining in the storyline why I'm with a bunch of other randoms when actually doing it)

It has me thinking that for stuff like this, it's really better suited for a solo scenario, so people who care about the story ( I do!) can watch it and not be annoying for folks that just want currency. (Tho I hated how some duties wouldn't even let me queue up with the friend I leveled with. I hated having to drop party every now and then to do some stuff solo. Guess I'm a bit hypocritical sometimes ,lol)

Mind you, its not a major thing, because I don't believe I could have been vote kicked or anything, and I only ended up missing 1 boss (None of which dropped any loot, weirdly) and otherwise just had to quickly catch up during trash.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-11-12 at 08:41 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Finally dinged 50 last night, haven't played through all the story quests, so i'll prolly post later on what I think of the story over all (I think I just have 1 dungeon or duty fight left against against what i'm assuming is the last boss) but I did go through castrum meridian.

I really dislike how cutscenes are individual. To one extent, I can see this as a good thing, as the currency the last boss drops keeps the place relevant to people that aren't doing the story for the 1st time so peeps like me have a chance to do the dungeon, but doesn't force folks to re-watch the same story scenes all the time (a failing of SWTOR story dungeons)

But it was really annoying to find I was getting locked out of fights or left behind because I wanted to see the cut scenes in game. At one stage my toon was standing on a platform getting bombed with missles and stuff, but I seemed to be invulnerable during the cutscene, so had to quickly hop down. I've seen people post comments in situations like this (nobody really said much about it, but 90% of the party had Japanese as their language so that could be why) that you should "go onto youtube!" but IMO, I want to watch the story in game, and with my toon. I have zero interest in the cutscenes when its not my character. (As a side point I did like how the cutscenes refer to me as being the leader of a bunch of adventurers. Gives a good reason why the cutscenes show only me, but also explaining in the storyline why I'm with a bunch of other randoms when actually doing it)

It has me thinking that for stuff like this, it's really better suited for a solo scenario, so people who care about the story ( I do!) can watch it and not be annoying for folks that just want currency. (Tho I hated how some duties wouldn't even let me queue up with the friend I leveled with. I hated having to drop party every now and then to do some stuff solo. Guess I'm a bit hypocritical sometimes ,lol)

Mind you, its not a major thing, because I don't believe I could have been vote kicked or anything, and I only ended up missing 1 boss (None of which dropped any loot, weirdly) and otherwise just had to quickly catch up during trash.
    Have people REALLY been telling you to hit youtube? Because ALL story cinematics can be watched in the game via your innroom...

That said 2.1 should allow people to que for whatever style of play they want...Also I gotta give ya kudos for watching the footage I did tje same thing hate or no hate.