Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If u got a games too near you they can print off 60day codes for $30
    sorry did you mean gamestop?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    sorry did you mean gamestop?
    Yes mybad can't type to same my life on my phone
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I believe square has some for sale at their online store. check there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    They gave an infographic at the Tokyo event w/ what's coming in each part http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/...raphics-shown/

Most of the big stuff will be in the January patch. 3 dungeons, Odin, Gilgamesh, final Crystal Tower wing, Hildibrand conclusion for 2.0, and a 'mystery trial' which no one really knows about yet.

February will probably have the intermediary patch that will have Gold Saucer (and the comeback of Triple Triad) and another relic step. The last part will just be a pre-expansion event and storyline stuff.
    New Years post from Yoshi-P talks about what's upcoming in before the expansion. Nothing new but it's an 'official' word: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...b32e00da6a6ce2

10+ Year Old Account
    The ram hat is so weird... It wiggles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The ram hat is so weird... It wiggles.
    Just like the Tender Lamb :x I may have to use it all the time now instead of my Parrot !

So any word on how astrologists heal?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I was going to order it via Amazon the ps3 version will cost me $66 the ps4 will cost $92. If the digital goods and all carry over to the ps4 I'll get the ps3 version
    The items are the same man. To the degree that when the ps4 version cane out they actually addes the os4 items to previous CE retroactively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The items are the same man. To the degree that when the ps4 version cane out they actually addes the os4 items to previous CE retroactively.
    Cool ill just get the ps3 copy then in the near future.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So any word on how astrologists heal?
    Not yet, I don't know if we'll hear any more about it until the expansion pre-patch or next fan-fest, whichever comes first.

Square is very tight-lipped when it comes to plans for the future in general, and XIV's no exception to that

Sigh.... another year by, still no Geomancer in sight..... I would imagine the next 3 will be 2 more staples and something new. Most likely Samurai, Blue Mage and another tank. What's kind of weird (but warranted) is their change back to having no base class. It's almost as if they realized that's it's kind of foolish to have jobs share weapons. But then you have to wonder if this is the new trend, does that mean they will at some point split SMN and SCH back out. Of the two I would hope SCH keeps the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would they make Blue Mage work in this game? That would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    How would they make Blue Mage work in this game? That would be a nightmare.
    It's not like they have been true to traditions in this game. Paladin is hardly like a paladin at all.

It would be similar to FFXI. You just pick a few moves to equip as you level and learn them, each with a point value and a max point cap that changes over time.

I was actually thinking along different lines. I know the new classes won't use the current base class system, but what if the new classes are base jobs for higher level hybrid jobs? Possibly for new jobs in the coming expansion or expansions after that?
    I haven't played a ton of other FF games, so I dunno about all the other possible combinations. But just using things from FFXIV, Machinist + many of the current jobs = Garlean Legatus/Tribunus.

Rhitahtyn Sas Arvina
    Paladin + Machinist for a gunshield using job. Maybe instead of a tank it'd end up being a support/ranged class. Launch your shields at allies to provide defense (maybe minor healing too) or launch them at enemies to stun/interrupt/knockback. Then unload with your guns while your enemies are defenseless.

Livia Sas Junius
    Monk + Machinist = gunfist shenanigans. I mean really, punch someone in the face... and shoot them in the face... at the same time! Fun times for everyone! Except the person getting their face punched/shot.

Nero Tol Scaeva
    Warrior + Machinist ...I know Nero uses a gunhammer, but currently no one uses hammers besides crafters (rocket powered Blacksmithing hammer, hmm...) So a gunaxe job would be the closest fit. And a great big rocket powered, bullet launching axe is just too cool to pass up.

Nael Van Darnus ("The White Raven")
    Dragoon + Machinist and you could have your very on gunhalberd. Take the DRG jumps and mobility and add guns and rockets. Jump away from your enemy, while still shooting him, launch your ICBGH (intercontinental ballistic gunhalberd) at them, then jump back in to continue melee attacks.

Gaius Van Baelsar ("The Black Wolf")
    This one I'm not sure about. The only 2h sword user is going to be the Dark Knight and I doubt they'd use 2 jobs from the new expansion to unlock another. So possibly use Paladin + Machinist and make it like Arcanist where it splits into 2 jobs. But they would use different and distinct weapons, therefore would level separately.

I know it'll never happen, but its fun to think up stuff like that. And wouldn't it be cool if even a little of that happened?

Gunfist isn't that out there. The guy from the FFVII AC movie kind of used one.

I don't think base classes are gone for future jobs. I mean we got ninja right? I'm sure they will add another job mid expansion combining theif with something else.

I suspect we'll get a decent number of new classes at some point in the future. I just really want a classic heavy armour class that wields a sword whilst also performing a DPS rather than a tank role. I feel like the developers are holding that niche hostage in an attempt to encourage people to invest in tanking if they want to kit out their character in thick armour.

Still, the Machinist looks interesting enough so if it plays smoothly I might switch from a Dragoon to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Talthanor View Post
    I suspect we'll get a decent number of new classes at some point in the future. I just really want a classic heavy armour class that wields a sword whilst also performing a DPS rather than a tank role. I feel like the developers are holding that niche hostage in an attempt to encourage people to invest in tanking if they want to kit out their character in thick armour.

Still, the Machinist looks interesting enough so if it plays smoothly I might switch from a Dragoon to that.
    I know in eventuality but I started playing FFXI at 19 years old and wanted to be a Geomancer. I was 31 when that finally rolled around (well past my tenure in Vana'diel). The thought of waiting until I'm 44 to be one does not excite me......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't think base classes are gone for future jobs. I mean we got ninja right? I'm sure they will add another job mid expansion combining theif with something else.
    Could be that they were already working on the class before launch though. There were only 2 classes in Limsa opposed to the 3 in the other cities and the Rogue-->Ninja could already be too far in the pipeline for them to scrap the work gone into Rogue story to change it too much. The job only from lvl1 might be a recent design decision.