10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    The game runs beautifully. I know its not a fair comparison because WoW is an old game but my god it runs better while looking better at the same time. There's a lot of options to help reduce CPU load such as reducing the amount of characters that show up at once. I'm so excited for the DX11 client too that's coming which will probably increase performance even more while looking better. The shadows alone make it seem like a brand new game.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000985.html

The game is incredibly popular still. They also didn't open up a bunch of servers like idiots so we dont have the whole empty and full servers that WoW has.
    LOL they even FOUGHT opening new ones originally too.
    Sooo they won't just rush out and make them which is cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG that 2 screenshot DX9 and DX11, when open them on different tab in full size, and flip between them, you can really see SO MUCH difference :O

NEED DX11 NAO!!!!

The game runs beautifully. I know its not a fair comparison because WoW is an old game but my god it runs better while looking better at the same time. There's a lot of options to help reduce CPU load such as reducing the amount of characters that show up at once. I'm so excited for the DX11 client too that's coming which will probably increase performance even more while looking better. The shadows alone make it seem like a brand new game.

The game is incredibly popular still. They also didn't open up a bunch of servers like idiots so we dont have the whole empty and full servers that WoW has.
    Only problem is with growing number of people, the competition for housing plots just drastically doubled.

10+ Year Old Account

Arguably DX11 would make it more taxing on the computer. Shadows has been one of the bigger offender in performance dips in a lot of games. DX11 doesn't really make games run any better, it allows more options in which developers can take advantage of.
    Would like to see the benchmark test thing before making judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been playing for some hours now. Gotta say, aside the game being very beautiful and fun, what really impressed me is the community. The people are off the chain awesome. Aside GW2, I haven't really encountered too many friendly communities in MMOs..very refreshing. Looking forward to pouring endless hours into the game.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2015-04-19 at 03:31 AM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

I'm thinking about making a second character, but I'm not sure why I would do that. Is there any reason to make a second character besides being on a different server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I'm thinking about making a second character, but I'm not sure why I would do that. Is there any reason to make a second character besides being on a different server?
    Nope..Oh being another race and seeong other start stories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well getting around raid lock outs if youre a raider, but aside from that as Sorrior said it boils down to : want to play as another race, or see another starting city story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Well getting around raid lock outs if youre a raider, but aside from that as Sorrior said it boils down to : want to play as another race, or see another starting city story.
    Do alts work decent as mules for stuff? Both of my retainers are nearly full, leveled 50LTW, 45WVR, 38ALC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do alts work decent as mules for stuff? Both of my retainers are nearly full, leveled 50LTW, 45WVR, 38ALC.
    Not really considering that you can't mail stuff to them (requires the person to be on your friends list). You can buy up to 2 more retainers via the mogstation. They cost 2$ a month.

That's probably my biggest gripe with FFXIV is that it is VERY alt unfriendly. "Oh but you can play every class on 1 character!!111" Well ya know what, I don't really want to pay 10$ every time I feel like playing as a male miqo'te or female elezen while having an inappropriate name for said gender/race. I do actually try to have a somewhat lore friendly name for my characters. But whatever.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2015-04-19 at 04:48 AM.

Not really considering that you can't mail stuff to them (requires the person to be on your friends list). You can buy up to 2 more retainers via the mogstation. They cost 2$ a month.
    Each? Extortion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SageWisdom View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/fGCTY

Lore update on the new jobs and Au Ra (screenshots taken from Heavensward site...not mine!)
    Wow can't wait to play Astrologian! I'm just a level 24 arcanist now, do I need to reroll to another job or just level to 30?

What you can do that is easier is to use an FC chest to transfer stuff between characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    What you can do that is easier is to use an FC chest to transfer stuff between characters.
    Certainly, but not everyone wants to go through the hassle of making an FC just so they can transfer things between alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Arguably DX11 would make it more taxing on the computer. Shadows has been one of the bigger offender in performance dips in a lot of games. DX11 doesn't really make games run any better, it allows more options in which developers can take advantage of.
    Would like to see the benchmark test thing before making judgement.
    U sure? Speaking of wow i had (before wod) a HUGE performance drop when i tried to use DX9 instead of DX11 because of some stability problems...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    Wow can't wait to play Astrologian! I'm just a level 24 arcanist now, do I need to reroll to another job or just level to 30?
    You have to finish A Realm Reborn's entire story quest up to 2.55. It's not really hard to do, just focus on it and you'll be done in no time. You can't enter Ishgard until you do and that's where the new jobs are.

Ugh, I totally botched that tournament. I forgot about it until today, and I couldn't find any players to go against (not that it would have been better) and so I just played against NPCs instead. Played against Elmer but lost too many times for it to be worth it... too many random rules, descension like every time messing me up. I have a 3 star deck but I don't know what went so wrong. Other people have stuff like 40-45 out of 45 matches won, and I don't even know how they could do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    If you bothered with that, you could just use the FC chest for storage...

The tournament is flawed since it's possible for well connected players to grab a lot of friends who will lose on purpose when challenged to rack up points easily if executed perfectly. It's one of the reasons as to why I hate player ranking systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The tournament is flawed since it's possible for well connected players to grab a lot of friends who will lose on purpose when challenged to rack up points easily if executed perfectly. It's one of the reasons as to why I hate player ranking systems.
    I don't understand why they can't just do it like a duty queue with random pairings.

I don't understand why they can't just do it like a duty queue with random pairings.
    They'll likely make additional improvements over time. Some additional incentives to encourage players to challenge each other wouldn't hurt.