Meh Summoner heavily reworked.... i smell something bad in the air.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Cautiously optimistic myself, I love summoners as what they are, but it shows bigtime they didn't put as much work into them and it left them in an awkward spot

Depends on if it's a complete rework or just taking a look at their rotations and cooldowns, I suppose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post

That fact that Au Ra are apparently closer to demons than dragons confuses me, they set up the plot perfectly to have them exist with the whole "Shiva in this world had sex with a dragon" thing
    I think they look closer to dragon humans than demons. Reminds me a lot of this: http://sayda.deviantart.com/art/Futu...-O-N-122929825 and http://sayda.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-s-Soul-378449714

And they did set up the plot to be that, but even on the Heavensward page it says that they aren't related to the Dragons at all.

Granted that could change in the story, but who knows. Could almost even say they're desendants of some Amaal'ja and Humans, or a combo of what ever Beast race they have over there.

Either way, I'm happy that they're more human than dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Alex normal will be easy enough so most group clear in 1-2 days, so it will be similar to CT sort of difficulty?

Hard mode will be as hard as Savage....

So no middle ground it seems ^^;
    All or nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Maybe they are going to make them feel like traditional FF summoners instead of a pet class?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Maybe they are going to make them feel like traditional FF summoners instead of a pet class?
    Doubtful they'd change the design that drastically, but we'll see. I just hope they make an egi other than Garuda viable enough to not make people scoff at you whenever you want to bring something else out. I can't count the number of times I've used Ifrit on fights he's actually as good if not better (low movement) and still get "use Garuda or gtfo" from other players.

Deleted
    theres one thing I dont understand from the reddit post... it says new jobs arent getting zodiac weapons and that new zodiac like quests are comming at 3.1! And that the new jobs are going to have primal weapons. The way I took it is this.
    New jobs cant go to gerolt to get ilvl 135 zodiac weapons. They can however go back to ifrit, garuda, levi etc etc and they will drop accordingly themed weapons for the new jobs too. And last but not least, there will once again be a massively grindy questline to build the strongest weapon in the game if you put the time into it and that will include the new classes too.
    Is this the right stuff or did I get anything wrong? Mainly I just want to make sure that there will be a long questline for new ZW again that will affect the new jobs too cause I love the devotion it takes and the evolution of the ZW

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    theres one thing I dont understand from the reddit post... it says new jobs arent getting zodiac weapons and that new zodiac like quests are comming at 3.1! And that the new jobs are going to have primal weapons. The way I took it is this.
    New jobs cant go to gerolt to get ilvl 135 zodiac weapons. They can however go back to ifrit, garuda, levi etc etc and they will drop accordingly themed weapons for the new jobs too. And last but not least, there will once again be a massively grindy questline to build the strongest weapon in the game if you put the time into it and that will include the new classes too.
    Is this the right stuff or did I get anything wrong? Mainly I just want to make sure that there will be a long questline for new ZW again that will affect the new jobs too cause I love the devotion it takes and the evolution of the ZW
    Pretty much, except they've all but confirmed that this weapon won't be quite as mind-numbingly grindy as the ZW chain was, most likely it'll be more skill based or the RNG won't be as insufferable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is it bad that if they rework them, I'd want them to be something like how the Aeons in FFX worked where it replaces your character with the summon and switches your skills? That'd be cool

Judging from the benchmark video though, it looks likely they'll remain a pet class
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-04-26 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty much, except they've all but confirmed that this weapon won't be quite as mind-numbingly grindy as the ZW chain was, most likely it'll be more skill based or the RNG won't be as insufferable
    I just wish it lasts as long though! Higher skill sounds like the better route with a bit grind involved I d say. You can add a skill based encounter and grind similar to say.... the lights or the books which dont have much rng involved. Deff not the alexandrites O_O
    Do we know if the patches are still going to be rolled out in 3 month intervals?

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post

Blegh, the note at the end "The implementation of 2D fighting is not planned."
    one day

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Doubtful they'd change the design that drastically, but we'll see. I just hope they make an egi other than Garuda viable enough to not make people scoff at you whenever you want to bring something else out. I can't count the number of times I've used Ifrit on fights he's actually as good if not better (low movement) and still get "use Garuda or gtfo" from other players.
    Someone on the reddit said something to the tune of "Maybe switch Tri-disaster and contagion, give the former to Garuda and the latter to the summoner", it would definitely help the viability of the other egis.

Someone on the reddit said something to the tune of "Maybe switch Tri-disaster and contagion, give the former to Garuda and the latter to the summoner", it would definitely help the viability of the other egis.
    It'll just make garuda useless. It won't change anything... if you want to have a pet class, at least make all pet have an niche utility and not one better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It won't, you can see on the benchmark that the summoner still have his ifrit egi (which is still bigger than usual) and you see him cast a tri-disaster like ability. Bigger animation aswell.

Homophobia is so gay.

So apparently there was a surprise Live Letter tonight, Yoshi dodged around a lot of questions but showed the Au Ra character creation, once I can steal a reddit post I'll throw the information here.

Apparently the horn options are attached to the face model you choose, but they have an enormous choice of skin colors and hair (the female they showed had somewhere in the realm of 20-25 styles)

Also, Benchmark tomorrow at I think they said 3AM PST, that's probably why Yoshida was being so coy about answering questions, we'll be able to find out ourselves in about 16 hours

Quick question and maybe I am missing something but is there anyway to customize buffs and debuffs in they're size and appearance similar to weakauras in wow? I see this been a rather big issue on my monk at max level if I have to keep them the way they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Appearence, no, size, yes.

But I am assuming you are on PC, I don't know if PS4 can be customised but PC version, when you click on system there is a choice for "HUD layout", where you can move things around and change their size and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    If thats true about the benchmark i cant wait for it XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV?fref=ts

It is already on the FFXIV ARR FB page, the trailer is already available (if you want to spoil it), and Benchmark will be out tomorrow

Is there a way to get rid of friend requests from goldsellers?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Is there a way to get rid of friend requests from goldsellers?
    Just click and pick refuse, or whatever it is in english.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you just have to decline it when you recieve. I did notice lately the only friend request I get is from the same gold seller, I decline, blacklist, but then the guy deletes it, and remakes it the next day and repeats. Never really had a problem before that with gold sellers and friend requests though!