Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    You have to fully explore and do most quests to get flying per zone, repeat every zone. Not hard but takes time, you keep flying for all your other jobs though there wont be any quests left anyway. 60 content is limited atm until raids actually launch, smn is tons of fun though you made a good choice. The last boss of one of the two experts is VERY caster un-friendly, to a point hope you don't have a BLM dps because it's gonna take longer to kill.
    Sadly my main is a caster. Its the summoner or whatever you call it. Its been a min since I played it lol.

Oddy enough I normally hate questing in a MMO but I don't mind it in FFXIV.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I met my first rude player in the Duty Finder. Said they wouldn't run The Aery with a new tank who probably probably thinks WAR is a DPS class and dropped group.

My immediate feelings:

My feelings after a smooth dungeon run and getting three player commendations:

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sadly my main is a caster. Its the summoner or whatever you call it. Its been a min since I played it lol.

Oddy enough I normally hate questing in a MMO but I don't mind it in FFXIV.
    Summoner is barely a caster, 3 casts every 30 seconds. Compare it to blm who has their main nuke bing a 3.0 second cast with two timers that in order to be optimal come down to 1 second refreshes, IE: Ever have to move once you lose 10% of your dps at best, 30% if it's at the exact wrong time. SMN is the single most mobile dps in the game now.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have to fully explore and do most quests to get flying per zone, repeat every zone.
    That's not quite true. You can skip most quests and not fully explore a zone (and most can't be fully explored until you have flying.) There are plenty of guides about now that show off the exact location and quests you need to unlock flying in each zone, if taking the time to use the compass/doing side quests isn't your cup of tea.

Summoner is barely a caster, 3 casts every 30 seconds. Compare it to blm who has their main nuke bing a 3.0 second cast with two timers that in order to be optimal come down to 1 second refreshes, IE: Ever have to move once you lose 10% of your dps at best, 30% if it's at the exact wrong time. SMN is the single most mobile dps in the game now.
    Cool thats good to know

So to my question early'er can I upgrade my ps4 basic account of AAR with the collector version? Like lets say for example I buy Warlords but its the basic then later get the collector. I can apply the code and it upgrades that part of my account right? Bought the Ps4 collector version of AAR and it will be here tomorrow

I learned from my mistake and bought from SquareEnix this time hahaha.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    So yoshi P has admitted that wanderers minuet is a DPS loss for bards due to the high mobility needed in HW boss fights i wonder how they are gonna go about fixing that (other wise level 52 54 and 56 abilities are absolutely useless)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Cool thats good to know

So to my question early'er can I upgrade my ps4 basic account of AAR with the collector version? Like lets say for example I buy Warlords but its the basic then later get the collector. I can apply the code and it upgrades that part of my account right? Bought the Ps4 collector version of AAR and it will be here tomorrow

Should just be simple matter of entering the code you get with the collector's box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool thats good to know

Hmmm I am not sure but probably worst case digital uograde on mogstation?

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    Should just be simple matter of entering the code you get with the collector's box.
    Ya I though so as well. ill get to deal with it saturday

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmmm I am not sure but probably worst case digital uograde on mogstation?
    Ya if I need too I will.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Well they do play pretty differently so it can be fun to have both available to play as.

That pesky work, always getting in the way of our FFXIV time!
    Pesky work and sleep!

Oh well i'm in no rush to get to 60 anyway. I'm enjoying taking my time and playing the new class. My Ast sure has a lot more utility skills than my WHM had so far. I also like the fact that I can chose to either add a regen effect to my heals or a shield effect to my heals depending on which self buff I pick.

I still don't get what's going on with my class story but I'm sure it'll make sense at 55 or 60 lol all I know is my trainer lady is being targeted but I still don't get why exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    So yoshi P has admitted that wanderers minuet is a DPS loss for bards due to the high mobility needed in HW boss fights i wonder how they are gonna go about fixing that (other wise level 52 54 and 56 abilities are absolutely useless)
    *crosses fingers that it'll get similiar to the cleric stance mechanic*

They need to improve MCH and BLMs too....

In my opinion, BLM is in a spot where you can deal good/equal dps compared to other classes (DRG/MNK etc.) if you don't have to move, but if you have to move at the wrong time you end up where bards are .... or even worse.
    It's ridiculously hard to utilize the skill set and Ley Lines is the biggest shait I've come across in recent MMO years. Rune of Power in WoW is like... 20 times easier to use and benefit from than Ley Lines.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-07-02 at 09:18 AM.

Hopefully they'll reconsider the positional requirements of the new DRG abilities as well. They already removed them for the original abilities and it's pretty difficult to get off a flawless rotation when there's so much movement to consider - especially on bosses such as the last one in Fractal Continuum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Hopefully they'll reconsider the positional requirements of the new DRG abilities as well. They already removed them for the original abilities and it's pretty difficult to get off a flawless rotation when there's so much movement to consider - especially on bosses such as the last one in Fractal Continuum.
    Is it RNG based which buff you get?

I thought it's always Chaos Thrust -> Wheeling Thrust
    and Full Thrust -> Fang or the other way around.

What could help however is to increase it's non-positional damage to 180 or 200 instead of 100
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-07-02 at 10:40 AM.

Since I don't have the game, is there any reason to buy Heavensward immediately? Can I just buy the base game and go for Heavensward once I reach 50? Is there anything I need Heavensward for? I'm guessing only if I want to play the new race?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    Since I don't have the game, is there any reason to buy Heavensward immediately? Can I just buy the base game and go for Heavensward once I reach 50? Is there anything I need Heavensward for? I'm guessing only if I want to play the new race?
    I guess you can make your character an Au Ra right away if you have Heavensward (not sure though), but for any actual Heavensward content, including the new jobs, you first need to do a lot of questing at level 50. So in that regard, you don't need to buy Heavensward immediately.

One thing I wish you could do is disable battle music. I want to just listen to the awesome zone music for sea of clouds not have it constantly interrupted by whenever combat starts you miss out on so much good music as it's overridden by battle music.

Glad you can turn off mount but I wanna be able to turn off combat music too. Some dungeons and zones have great music but you barely get to hear it as you're fighting so much

Deleted
    Been reading a lot about the BRD and MCH. Yes seems BRD suffers using their song, but MCH ppl have done Rav EX with 2 in the group, yet there DPS is supposed to be bad.

But it seems that you have to be right on the ball with MCH to maximise DPS. But like BRD, you don't really need to use Gauss Bar other then opening with your dmg buffs and wildfire.

Mines only 54 so I don't know about the end gear situation myself other then reading about it and from what FC members have said.

Got War to 37, its so much better at 35+ with Inner Beast, you don't really feel like a tank - but keep getting urge to go on my NIN but that's 50 and kind of stuck as its got no quests to do, so just be a FATE grind with no bonus yet....

Anyone a tank here? Just wondering what its like tanking Prims and raids etc with 2 tanks, I've only ever done dungeons which are straight forward. It does not seem as easy to tank switch in FFXIV
    Last edited by mmocdac67a550d; 2015-07-02 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Been reading a lot about the BRD and MCH. Yes seems BRD suffers using their song, but MCH ppl have done Rav EX with 2 in the group, yet there DPS is supposed to be bad.
    It's because both Ravana and Bismarck ain't that hard (as in, super high end level hard). people already sell the 8th spot to others.
    Having 2 MCH or BRD/MCH in general during normal dungeon runs is a pain in the ass, because it takes that much longer to complete the dungeon.

Might as well take another Warrior with you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcMcd1rj7Q
    Dayum son.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-07-02 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Is it RNG based which buff you get?

I thought it's always Chaos Thrust -> Wheeling Thrust
    and Full Thrust -> Fang or the other way around.

What could help however is to increase it's non-positional damage to 180 or 200 instead of 100
    yea when you do chaos or full you randomly get either fang or wheeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Not just the mobility required for fights, but auto-attack for Bards is a significant enough source of DPS (I'm hearing as much as 20% to 25% from various sources) that losing it to "gain" the Wanders Minuet damage increase of 20% also actively contributes to it being a DPS loss.

Right now it's main use is essentially burst at the start of a fight, but not much beyond that.