15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I quite often just drop TP-turret out after certain time-limit, earlier if there's plenty of AoE. That screenshot was taken after A4; we got into last phase and noticed that healers MP started to go down quite fast, so it was easy to notice that they'll need MP-regen.
    Oh A4. But yeah, the brds/mch now who pay attention to their healers' mp to drop a ballad/whatever the mch version are few and far between. Just like those magical bards that play foes....

So sounds like you're a magical unicorn. Keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Yeah I never give commendations to healers that don't dps, if a healer dps it's an instant commendation. Healers just standing afk for half the instance isn't good for anyone and just makes the run take so much longer.
    If the heal is standing AFK for half the run, the tank should pull more aggressively.
    Speeds up the run way more than me throwing a few stones for pitiful amounts of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is interesting that healers are expected to dps in this game vs WoW. I wonder where that comes from? In WoW it's even easier for healers to dps due to 100% hit plus mana free dps but the expectation isn't there. I like being able to dps when things get boring but I'm not sure I like the pressure of doing it. Feel like a trained monkey or something. Heal, dps, and tank that mob for a bit until the tank grabs it.

Hrm.... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Depends a lot on the group and the level.

It's not uncommon at all for me to do more DPS than the actual DPS - or at least the tank - when I'm healing. Especially on SCH, but also on WHM at certain levels.
    Yeah I give you that there are low level dungeons where there's barely anything to heal at all.

I'm talking about the current expert ones, a.k.a. max level.
    If you are finding yourself AFKing or DPSing as a Whitemage, your tank needs to move his butt.
    I'm aware that a SCH can do nice DPS via cleric weaving/AE dot spreading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    It is interesting that healers are expected to dps in this game vs WoW. I wonder where that comes from? In WoW it's even easier for healers to dps due to 100% hit plus mana free dps but the expectation isn't there. I like being able to dps when things get boring but I'm not sure I like the pressure of doing it. Feel like a trained monkey or something. Heal, dps, and tank that mob for a bit until the tank grabs it.

Hrm.... :/
    It comes from some undertuned dungeons where you actually have the time and mana. So it comes down to standing around or doing something useful.
    Typically in end game, tanks pull like crazy. You do NOT want to be locked in cleric stance for 5s when he does get a damage spike. And w/o cleric stance, casting DPS spells is useless.

Unless you want to use holy for the stun effect. Basically 6s of no damage from all mobs (unless immune to stun).

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I noticed Au Ra can have glowing red eyes, are they Au ra only?

I want my Human to have glowing red eyes
    You can give them red eyes, but if it glows or not is kind of a trick of color, making your hair and skin a certain color so your eyes stand out more.

My character for all my caster stuff is a Keeper of the Moon, I still have no idea how I got his eyes so striking but the green contrasts his blue skin so much they seem to glow.

Edit: Welp, that's what I get for coming to here via front page, quote was two pages back
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-08-01 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked in Cleric Stance for 5 seconds? Pretty sure you can drop it any time and dropping it isn't even on the GCD. Unless you literally JUST put it up and are still on the GCD from that? I don't recall ever being locked into it, but maybe. I toggle it constantly when healing, though.

In case you don't speak german: "reactivation time: 5 seconds". You can mash the key all you want.
    You will not be able to get rid of the stance before these 5s are up. No, clicking off the buff doesn't work either. I've tried it.

So yes, these 5 seconds w/o the ability to heal properly can cost you a wipe if you don't have benediction ready. So I prefer not to use it when the tank does big-risky pulls. Simple as that.

Whether some dumb random rages at me for that... well I guess he would rage more if we were to wipe because I went "ERMAGAWD NEED TO DPS" when it's simply put: not my job to DPS. Also it's god damn boring to mash that stone 3 key. Bleh.

Truth be told: I never had randoms that even mentioned DPSing. Once the tanks notice that I emote being bored they usually start pulling more aggressively.

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, healer DPS isn't just an "undertuned dungeons" thing. Like I said above, even on current Savage raiding content, SCH puts up really good DPS numbers.
    Different interpretation of game design.
    In my opinion, content is undertuned for me as a healer when I have GCDs/mana to waste on DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then everything in the game is undertuned by that standard.
    Can't speak for the raids, but essentially yes. If you are an MMO veteran and pull dungeon trash as SE intended, everything is very undertuned.
    Ravana during leveling @ ilvl 120 with 3 swords down ... THAT would be something I'd call properly tuned.

Okay.. brutally tuned. We barely escaped alive from that one. Was ridiculously fun going oom as a WHM though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Okay.. brutally tuned. We barely escaped alive from that one. Was ridiculously fun going oom as a WHM though.
    Try him on extreme mode now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Tried him couple times, always wiped on the shield.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay, Goldsmith finally 50. FC-leader even gave GSM chest and pants to complete the set.

Now I'll just need to decide which crafting to take through Ixal dailies next.. hmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    W/o a guild raid, I don't think that's possible.
    Never even managed to down Ultima hard with randoms b/c they are simply too dumb to move out of crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know there's a 5 sec thing on the tooltip, but the only time I've ever noticed it is when I take it off and I can't put it back on for 5 seconds. Perhaps I've just never noticed, huh.

Usually no one turns on cleric stance and then needs to heal within that 5 second window. If you do that's just poor planning on your part and/or not knowing the average damage going out. Once you know the feel of the damage spikes and such, you'll throw up cleric at better moments. Just comes with practice. I've never noticed it either, but I'm guessing I've never popped cleric and then needed it off immediately. 5 seconds is just two GCD's in FF, so it's kinda meh in terms of that being the thing that kills ya.

As for tanks pulling more and not taking damage. It's debatable, you can pull most trash with pretty large pulls and only spike in damage for the first 20 seconds or so. I think I really only help on single target bosses when it comes to casting DPS spells.

Saddly though, it's usually healers that are lower level that try to DPS. When ever I'm doing low level dungeons/leveling dungeons as a dps, I usually expect the tank to die at least once while the healers got a Ruin/Stone/Malefic being cast on something.

As for the EX fights, yeah there are kill and learning groups on my server almost all day. Being able to kill it without a guild raid will depend on how healthy your server is.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2015-08-01 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Tried him couple times, always wiped on the shield.
    The groups I've been with tend to either mess up the Spirit and Moon Gana phase...not sure why, but someone inevitably tags them in some form or fashion, causing them to not move to the group via healer aggro and get a Falling Laughter cast off, or they don't switch to the Moon Gana fast enough...or mess up Final Liberation.

The shield can be a real quick killer too, but in a way is a helpful gauge for the fight. If you don't have the damage to get the shield down, you're unlikely to have the damage to deal with other phases or beat the enrage. Even then, though, if too many DPS screw up the Seeing Left/Seeing Right/Seeing Wings part, a group that would normally have the damage to deal with everything else can still easily wipe. That slow you get if he parries you is brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have actually not done Ravana Ex yet. Been procrastinating on that and I already forgot what he does from the tutorials.
    Want more fights like Moogle Ex, since I do nothing but sit on the side and heal / dispel once during the entire fight. Less fights like Levi Ex. I wish to be lazy.

I bit the bullet and decided to defect to the Maelstrom. Twenty PvP matches in a row as an Adder and not a single win. >_>

Getting the seals and doing the hunting log/dungeon stuff for promotions is a bit of a pain but hopefully I'll see a higher win rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    If reddit is anything to go by, Aether is either a Maelstrom or Immortal Flame win. So probably :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    If reddit is anything to go by, Aether is either a Maelstrom or Immortal Flame win. So probably :P
    Yeah. Apparently Flames are slightly more successful but I've seen Maelstrom secure victory quite often. The queue times will probably be worse but I'm willing to pay that price if it means actually winning (and then eventually getting that wonderful PvP mount).

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm from the few games I've played if you play at peak times, the queue time are like 10-15 mins (For seal rock).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah I give you that there are low level dungeons where there's barely anything to heal at all.

I'm talking about the current expert ones, a.k.a. max level.
    If you are finding yourself AFKing or DPSing as a Whitemage, your tank needs to move his butt.
    I'm aware that a SCH can do nice DPS via cleric weaving/AE dot spreading.
    I know I'm a little late to this but I can post a few parses if it'd help. The white mage I run everything with tops damage for most trash packs and often comes in second for boss fights in both experts. I'd take a healer who doesn't hesitate to prioritize dealing damage over keeping everyone topped off over someone who'd rather just spam heals through an excessively long overpull all day.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I know I'm a little late to this but I can post a few parses if it'd help. The white mage I run everything with tops damage for most trash packs and often comes in second for boss fights in both experts. I'd take a healer who doesn't hesitate to prioritize dealing damage over keeping everyone topped off over someone who'd rather just spam heals through an excessively long overpull all day.
    I'm concerned about the other dps if the whm is 2nd on boss fights. Trash, I understand, Holy/Assize is pretty godly. But Bosses? hmmm something's wrong.