15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    How long did it take to get from 50 - 60 that way?

I've been leveling summoner the past 3 days doing daily hunts/low level roulette and highest dungeon spam for a couple hours and almost got to 58 last night so it doesn't take to long.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

So is it an important part of a Machinists rotation to do thier knock back attack or was the machinist in my Dungeon just being a butthole and annoying the tank while lowering my monk dps at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So is it an important part of a Machinists rotation to do thier knock back attack or was the machinist in my Dungeon just being a butthole and annoying the tank while lowering my monk dps at the same time?
    I don't play one myself but it doesn't seem like it's necessary. If anything it's counterproductive and annoying in dungeons since it interferes with positioning and makes things much more frustrating for melee DPS/tanks. I've only ever seen it used by trigger happy MCH.

Deleted
    Nah it's only situational, well it does some damage but you would be better off sticking to your rotaton

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like your typical typhoon druid/thunderstorm shaman. It's some weird trigger in their brain that when things are 'too close' even if they don't have aggro they must use that button. Because even if it is 'part of the rotation' it's so much of a detriment to the group as a whole no theorycrafter or person with common sense would ever use it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sounds like your typical typhoon druid/thunderstorm shaman. It's some weird trigger in their brain that when things are 'too close' even if they don't have aggro they must use that button. Because even if it is 'part of the rotation' it's so much of a detriment to the group as a whole no theorycrafter or person with common sense would ever use it.
    Warriors in warcraft have dragon roar, which is a dps increase but is so detrimental to the rest of the group that people tend not to use it unless they just have no clue that it causes other players problems. I don't know how many times on Heroic Sha of Pride that the sha'lings kept being knocked back out of my warlocks aoe...

This guy told our tank to chill when the tank complained, which I am sure got him a lot of commendations in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a ninja, I agree with you completely.

Also, is melee rare to find in FFXIV? Have done a number of 8-mans and have yet to have one where the only melee wasn't me (DPS).

Deleted
    I believe they are as common as any dps class in this game, Dragoons are probably the most common in the DoW bracket and SMN for DoM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see plenty of monks and dragoons, ninjas not so much but maybe that's just the duty finder doing its best to not put two ninjas in one group.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    As a ninja, I agree with you completely.

Also, is melee rare to find in FFXIV? Have done a number of 8-mans and have yet to have one where the only melee wasn't me (DPS).
    Last night, in my 3 attempts at getting my A1 loot, first group had 3 NIN 1 MNK, second group 2 NIN and 2 DRG third group 2 NIN, 1 MNK 1 BLM.

Maybe it's the Primal Data Center? Seems like there are always multiple NINs and tons of DRGs as well.

I get a pretty diverse array of DPS in my Experts as Tank. Though DRG and SMN far outweigh everything else, I've still seen plenty of NIN, BLM, BRD, and MCH. MNK is rare though.

The more telling is the healers though, I see SCH more often than WHM (but only just so) with AST being a rarity. I see why though... compared to SCH and WHM, every AST I've ever had made the run very stressful because I was wondering if they'd get the heals off in time because I was always running in the 40-60% HP range dipping into the 20s consistently....

I think I'm going to give a shot at the hair style contest. That noble barding looks sweet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Oh man, I didn't really plan on which alex/esoteric parts to get first (other than weapon of course)
    and now I'm sitting on 700+ accuracy for at least 4 weeks.

I believe you need like ~600 outside of savage and around 620 in A3S
    Now that I've finally done Alex, it's the opposite for me, if I were to equip these gloves now my accuracy would drop from 600 to 560 D:

Need to either get the Alex belt next week or wait for my esoterics chestpiece (two weekly resets away) to offset that loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Now that I've finally done Alex, it's the opposite for me, if I were to equip these gloves now my accuracy would drop from 600 to 560 D:

Need to either get the Alex belt next week or wait for my esoterics chestpiece (two weekly resets away) to offset that loss.
    As a DRG, the only piece without accuracy is the chest and the necklace(or something like that)

and I was like "Hah, if only A4 drops the shaft, I'm going to buy it with esoterics after the weapon... well, the esoteric chest has accuracy (~90ish) on it while A4 has crit+det/skillspeed

So with the esoteric chest I'd go from ~700 to ~720 (law has accuracy too) and with A4 Chest I'd go down from ~700 to ~630 (which is perfectly fine)
    I don't really want to invest time in Savage, which means as mentioned earlier - I'm stuck for ~4 weeks on 700 accuracy
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-08-05 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My SCH only has 354 accuracy, whoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    My SCH only has 354 accuracy, whoo!
    Yeah lol. It's funny cause that's actually way too low for most level 50 content now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In terms of just raw healing power, AST is indeed behind the other two healers. But they should still have no issue healing 4-man content, that's just poor play on their part if they're having too many issues.
    Depends. I've had trouble with 4 man content. There's little room for error, and I generally don't have time to, for instance, dispel DPS (or even the tank, sometimes) if the tank is not using CDs when he's pulled half the room.

WHM and SCH can handle large or wonky pulls much, MUCH better than AST can.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah! Starting to get rather angry playing this game now. Not due to the game itself though. Crashes. I keep getting random crashes. When doing the story 8-mans, I would crash two or three times each. While questing I'll crash between 30 mins to 2 hrs. Random times it seems. Looks to be an Nvidia driver issue. Anyone else here running Windows 10 with Nvidia's 353.62 drivers in DX11 mode? Here is what event viewer is showing me.

Faulting application name: ffxiv_dx11.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55bd1186
    Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 10.18.13.5362, time stamp: 0x55b030c4
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001b972d
    Faulting process id: 0x2014
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cfbbb91807a4
    Faulting application path: C:\Games\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv_dx11.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2umx.dll
    Report Id: 779b86a6-9e1b-4ff3-9ffe-31dcfd72c852
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Bah! Starting to get rather angry playing this game now. Not due to the game itself though. Crashes. I keep getting random crashes. When doing the story 8-mans, I would crash two or three times each. While questing I'll crash between 30 mins to 2 hrs. Random times it seems. Looks to be an Nvidia driver issue. Anyone else here running Windows 10 with Nvidia's 353.62 drivers in DX11 mode? Here is what event viewer is showing me.
    Faulting application name: ffxiv_dx11.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55bd1186
    Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 10.18.13.5362, time stamp: 0x55b030c4
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001b972d
    Faulting process id: 0x2014
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cfbbb91807a4
    Faulting application path: C:\Games\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv_dx11.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2umx.dll
    Report Id: 779b86a6-9e1b-4ff3-9ffe-31dcfd72c852
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    This is a windows nvidia thing. Getting angry with se is not really productive. Windows 10 and nvidia did not start off as good bedfellows. As it is a known issue and you kind of opened this can of worms all on your own.

http://wccftech.com/fix-windows-10-n...ver-conflicts/

According to the link .63 fixes all windows 10 issues, cant say for sure as im still on the fence due to how much of my personal rights to my machine i need to sign away to hop on the stepping stone to a subscription based OS.