Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I've seen people complain about tanks not having it. I'd probably get it just to avoid any drama.

Yeah, don't worry about it. In the early dungeons, you definitely feel a bit gimped as a pally, but once that super kind healer told me to shield lob on pull, flashx3, I've almost never had a problem. You can place markers on your bar (I do 1 & 2 and have them key bound alt-1, alt-2) if you want to be pro-status (i.e. save yourself headaches.... if they ignore markers, it is on them!). You may be a bit rough around the edges at first, but you'll be fine in no time

If you're really finding yourself unsure of things, you can google "ffxiv enmity ui youtube" and "ffxiv customize ui youtube" and watch some vids and you'll do just fine!

Thanks for the tanking feedback, everyone I'm still trying to get my AST to 60 (at 57 right now, leveling by running Aery everyday trying to get that Lesser Panda :P), but after that I'll probably be playing PLD or BRD. I'm looking forward to both! I love the armor and weapons in this game for both classes, but the bows especially.

I didn't worry about provoke either. You will play leap-frog with the DPS in the early (and mid) dungeons.

Sometimes they get a couple good dungeon drops, while your rng is poor. Sometimes they get a flashy new skill before you get anything to counter. As long as you're holding most of the mobs, the healer (which I main) is able to cope just fine.

One dungeon who's name is escaping me: with the lizard 2nd boss and the electrified water... I always saw tanks lose aggro to blms. I always lost aggro to blms. I level'd my blm and realized it's because blm just got a fancy upgrade to Astral Fire, while PLD didn't get anything yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    I didn't worry about provoke either. You will play leap-frog with the DPS in the early (and mid) dungeons.

Sometimes they get a couple good dungeon drops, while your rng is poor. Sometimes they get a flashy new skill before you get anything to counter. As long as you're holding most of the mobs, the healer (which I main) is able to cope just fine.

One dungeon who's name is escaping me: with the lizard 2nd boss and the electrified water... I always saw tanks lose aggro to blms. I always lost aggro to blms. I level'd my blm and realized it's because blm just got a fancy upgrade to Astral Fire, while PLD didn't get anything yet.
    Halatali. Yeah, if you don't get a good lead when he's not invulnerable, then you're going to lose it to the BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post

Most of those low level dungeons, it doesn't even really matter if the tank holds threat anyway. People know this too, so don't really care.

Just got my Chocobo. Didn't get it until lvl 27 as I kinda didn't notice the quest for it, and then I had to grind fates and what not for the coins, LOL. But better late then never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause I was bored. Not really that impressive imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just killed ifrit hard... wasn't that... hard. Didn't really record all of it cause I thought I'd die to the dps check, but I didn't, so I just quickly turned on OBS and recorded the last half, haha.

Kind of funny to kill him though.

15+ Year Old Account
    There was a SCH who posted his solo Garuda EX kill on reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    There was a SCH who posted his solo Garuda EX kill on reddit.
    Yeah I can see that. Garuda isn't as bad as people would probably think. You just kind of have to pay attention and move away from the front cone hits.
    Titan though... I want to solo him, but I can't... it's impossible to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the gaol's make it impossibru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Switch classes once you're in Gaol and have Summoner pets break you out! #GoodStrats
    I wish that works, but we can't change class and the fight immediately ends when everyone is disabled now.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHM's DPS is a lot less sustainable though.

I...actually had a WHM who kept asking me to 'pull more'. Then as soon as I did they started spamming holy and stopped healing. I died, naturally, and then she rage quit and we got someone more inclined to actually heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I end up spending most of my time crafting. I really like the crafting aspect in FFXIV. It's enjoyable. But I've heard you can't make decent gear at max level. Is that true? Are we at least able to craft stuff that would get us into raiding?
    It's not really true. You will make the top-end crafting gear, as well as very good PvE gear. It's just, raid gear will always be better for raiding. That's how they set it up. However, you can make a lot of money making things at max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I...actually had a WHM who kept asking me to 'pull more'. Then as soon as I did they started spamming holy and stopped healing. I died, naturally, and then she rage quit and we got someone more inclined to actually heal.
    This is obviously because I wasn't online to heal you.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Also, trying to decide which Yukata to purchase; Redfly, Bluefly or Pinkfly, hmm...
    A couple pages and days late, but I like the Bluefly one myself. If you're with the Immortal Flames use the Uldahn Hoplon, a carnage sword, and whatever legs and feet you like (I used some random tights and hard leather caligae dyed lavender purple and royal blue respectively), and you have a non-heavy armored tank look.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2015-08-08 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It's not really true. You will make the top-end crafting gear, as well as very good PvE gear. It's just, raid gear will always be better for raiding. That's how they set it up. However, you can make a lot of money making things at max level.
    This is most excellent. I make fairly decent coin now at a lower level. I'm sometimes surprised at what sells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, to be fair, the whm didn't say "pull more, I'll heal you."

Not bad, my low level dungeon was Garuda and my daily trial was Leviathan. With the tank bonus that was 21500 gil made within a matter of minutes.

I've 11 million gil now but...there's no free housing plots on Balmung. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Well, to be fair, the whm didn't say "pull more, I'll heal you."
    Most tanks are a little too conservative with their pulls, though. I tend to ramp it up as I go through a dungeon, once I'm satisfied the healz can handle it.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.