Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    does leveling another class in this game still make you want to kill yourself

like it wasn't too bad onre-release, but fate grinding never caught on when i was playing the game early HW and the fates still seem to give pretty crap xp. as much as i envy how the game manages to keep queue times lower than wow's, running sohm al 10 times in 3 days gets stale pretty quickly
    Some zones are noticeable better to farm Fates. And those would be Churning Mists and Dravanian Hinterlands - maybe some Western Coerthas if you are having problems with being low level at Churning. I was leveling a bit in Sea of Clouds and Forelands, while doing the Anima farm in those zones, and it goes MUCH slower. Probably because stuff don't die fast enough, or Fate spawning is slower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    After the kick went through, the healer went AFK, let us all die (assumption: buddy of the DPS in question, he probably just wanted out) and a discussion ensued.

What do you think? Personally I don't accept being insulted in online games. You can ask whether you want me to pull more.
    I recently had a tank in Keeper of Lake. After first boss, while he tanked the imperial mobs, me and the bard got the shield down and released the Iron Giant. Pretty standard stuff, every single run does that. But the tank got afk, saying we could tank if we wanted to. Me and the bard managed to kill all adds, since the ehaler was good, but that enraged me. I promptly kicked the tank, and the bard and the healer praised me for doing so.

That took balls, since I discovered Level 50 rulete has a shortage of tanks lol. Had to ask a FC buddy to finish the run with us. But I don't regret being a hothead one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, kicking s/o who goes AFK and ceases to perform his role is always okay.

But I don't think calling me an idiot for not mass pulling in a leveling dungeon is warranted.

But I don't think calling me an idiot for not mass pulling in a leveling dungeon is warranted.
    Plus, mass pulling in Aurum vale can be tricky. If I sense the healer is good I do get a little daring when I tank it, but still in a contained way. It can go wrong so easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there's one dungeon that I don't want tanks mass pulling, its AV.

DPS can fuck right the hell off with that shit. If they want to control pacing, they can tank. Healers too, for that matter. It's up to the tank to set pace, assuming the healer can keep up, and if you don't like it too bad. It's one thing to ask the tank if they're comfortable pulling larger groups/more mobs, it's another to be a dick about it or pull for the tank.

What do you think? Personally I don't accept being insulted in online games. You can ask whether you want me to pull more.
    This isn't quite black and white.

Do I think he was an ass? Yes.

Do I think you grossly overreacted and in actuality caused the problem? Yes.

He did ask you to pull more mobs. You slapped him if I understand google translate correctly. That instantly escalated the encounter.

The point I am trying to convey is that what he said was not something worth getting your panties in a wad over. You were subjected to no threat, danger, or repeated harassment. In fact you didn't give him a chance. What could have happened is he could have thanked you for listening (i.e. pulling more mobs) and tossed you a commendation at end of run. He could have not said another word all run. He could have apologized for being too blunt. You could have defended your stance on why you wanted to pull mobs more safely.

Sure, kicking s/o who goes AFK and ceases to perform his role is always okay. But I don't think calling me an idiot for not mass pulling in a leveling dungeon is warranted.
    Agreed on both points here. I however don't think immediate dismissal because someone said one little thing to you is warranted either. If it was repeated I'd wholeheartedly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    DPS can fuck right the hell off with that shit. If they want to control pacing, they can tank. Healers too, for that matter. It's up to the tank to set pace, assuming the healer can keep up, and if you don't like it too bad. It's one thing to ask the tank if they're comfortable pulling larger groups/more mobs, it's another to be a dick about it or pull for the tank.
    Agreed, DPS pulling is a dick move, but I've done it when a few tanks have taken on average 30-40 seconds to pull between packs. That's unacceptable to me even if you're a new tank.

I don't think I ever mass pull dungeons pre-50. Especially with how rare it is for people at 60 to aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm forcing myself to level a healer to 60 so I can become a mentor in 3.2. You basically need:

- 1000 dungeons completed
    - DPS class at 60
    - Tank at 60
    - Healer at 60

I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted the requirements before then and now but that's what they stated in the recent Live Letter at least.
    I'm seeing alot of those. Maybe they want to make sure people who know how to play perfectly are able to become mentors? Why would they adjust that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Plus, mass pulling in Aurum vale can be tricky. If I sense the healer is good I do get a little daring when I tank it, but still in a contained way. It can go wrong so easily.
    This and not like they didn't put most if the xp we once gained on the boss itself.

I actually skip them now. If you go to the left and NO ONE DOES ANYTHING charge to the boss room let yourself die and the healer can red you.

Simple effective and no room from hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Do I think you grossly overreacted and in actuality caused the problem? Yes.

He did ask you to pull more mobs. You slapped him if I understand google translate correctly. That instantly escalated the encounter.
    He asked and 5 seconds later ran off and added 2 groups. The haler caught aggro, forcing me to tank the mobs. I didn't even get time to react to his query. (I know that's not apparent from the chatlog)
    That's why I slapped him mid fight.

If he had kept quiet after that I would have let it slide.

As for the "immediate dismissal": I initiated the kick not only because he pulled and called me an idiot, but for him being proud of his behavior. And please don't forget: I can merely initiate a VK. S/o else must have agreed with me in order for him to get kicked.

I don't think I ever mass pull dungeons pre-50. Especially with how rare it is for people at 60 to aoe
    We did have a BLM in the group, so my plan was to pull more aggressively, once the critical patrolling groups were taken care of.
    I've seen sooo many fuck-ups and wipes in this first room as WHM, so I wanted to be a bit more methodical.

I don't like pulling large groups as a tank. I don't find that it's much faster to do big pulls anyway - because most classes don't have sustained AoE and generally just end up starved for MP/TP halfway through a big pull. Plus when I'm a DPS I prefer to follow my set rotation instead of spamming the same two buttons over and over.

I hate that type of behavior as a tank. I tend to pull slow at the start of a dungeon run because I'm not sure how good the other players are. If they can keep up then sure but when you pull crap like that and get snarky about it then we have a problem. I also don't see how you overreacted at all and if anything you were calm about it throughout the exchange. Doing the "slap" emote isn't grounds for someone to start insulting someone and if you think it is then well I don't know what to say to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I hate that type of behavior as a tank. I tend to pull slow at the start of a dungeon run because I'm not sure how good the other players are. If they can keep up then sure but when you pull crap like that and get snarky about it then we have a problem. I also don't see how you overreacted at all and if anything you were calm about it throughout the exchange. Doing the "slap" emote isn't grounds for someone to start insulting someone and if you think it is then well I don't know what to say to that.
    This early pulls are also test pulls. I watch my help the enemies hp and more the whole time. Even allies if ages.

I gauge how much I pull based on how fast the mobs die ABD how well the healer does. Not all groups are equal

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank god for the tank changes in 3.2. Coming from WoW it's always felt just "wrong" trying to maximize my damage as a tank, instead of trying to maximize my survivability.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I was one of the few who'd do test pulls, to see if the healer and/or dps can handle the increase in mobs. Of course, with Granyala (or anyone for that matter) in a leveling roulette, you don't have access to most (if you get under 50) of your job's capabilities, like good ol' Flare for the dearest of BLMs, Shadow Flare for that matter.

Notice to self: No matter how much you try, whatever you say give no meaning at all.
    As a career healer, I like to check how the healer handles my pulls when I go as a tank. If they can go on with little MP spent, then I'll pull more and hopefully engage the healer to do some aoe (in case of pulling packs). Given my position as a career healer, I am more of a strategical type, watching the situation and act accordingly.

Thus meaning I try to see if the party can handle situations occurring, and if not, change so it becomes a more pleasant experience rather than wiping once and have someone, for some unknown reason, suddenly leave and eventually breaking apart the whole thing. Happened a few times in Dzemael Hold, where I either tank/dps/heal and something goes wrong, killing, if lucky, only one, and all at worst. And of course the dreaded Aurum Vale.

What amazes me the most, though, is peoples' inability to learn the job properly. I've seen tons of BLMs being "Ice Mages" because they'll never run out of mana, or songless/turret-less BRDs/MCHs. The latter might be a preference issue, but those jobs are technically supporters, meant to sacrifice a tiny bit of dps for the greater good.

To give some context on my comment further up, I mainly use a bit of time to read what I've typed and try to make it as grammatically (good luck to myself there) and logically as possible, thus I've actually spent 30 mins typing up this post, not including paragraph. I'd rather trash a side full of horrible commentary than to actually post it, despite how I might actually act.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Thank god for the tank changes in 3.2. Coming from WoW it's always felt just "wrong" trying to maximize my damage as a tank, instead of trying to maximize my survivability.
    Always funny to know when someone has joined certain circles. Basically implying "so, when did you start?", but as the weirdoo as I am, I fully expect people to get my (sometimes) subtle messages and getting frustrated when someone doesn't notice them.

I'm more of a fan of class/role diversity, like what they are currently doing with Legion, and was rather surprised when I saw tons and tons of tanks with dps accessory rather than the tanking ones. Although, given the fact A1-4S are basically dps check after dps check, you can't really blame the mentality of tanks doing "tons of damage", unless it's a Fell Cleave. Always Cleavin'.

Thus I am looking forward to 3.2 where I can finally go as a tank with fending accessory and not feel like I'm a sheep in the middle of a wolf pack. Imagine the smooth roulette runs as well. I'm drooling at the thought of actually healing tanks with more HP than the dps (well, more than what it is now).

I don't like pulling large groups as a tank. I don't find that it's much faster to do big pulls anyway - because most classes don't have sustained AoE and generally just end up starved for MP/TP halfway through a big pull. Plus when I'm a DPS I prefer to follow my set rotation instead of spamming the same two buttons over and over.
    The only class with terrible aoe is ninjas. It's insanely faster to do huge pulls if you have dps that aren't morons and can aoe.

I get so mad every time I do roulette on SMN and the tank does small pulls when I can melt huge packs alone.

Deleted
    Yeah, even if you are TP starved, DMG per TP spent is alot higher on huge pulls with AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I tried to maximize both and carry two sets of accessories

10+ Year Old Account
    AoE pulling only makes sense in uncapped expert dungeons where people burn stuff down quickly.

Classes in FF have too lame AoEs to make it faster during leveling. On top of that, if you aren't overgeared, you take A LOT of damage in HW leveling dungeons, since mobs there seem to hit like trucks. Oo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The only class with terrible aoe is ninjas.
    Fun fact: it was a ninja that insulted me.

So I'm trying to install the game on my ps4 but it's downloading so slowly and it sometimes stops and says unable to download patch.

Fml
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.