10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well sounds like fun, I actually enjoy killing a crap ton of mobs lol. I like the Mandragora, liked them in FF11 too.
    Yeah each class has it's own hunt quests so you're good there...Oh and professions level seperately obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah each class has it's own hunt quests so you're good there...Oh and professions level seperately obviously.
    Yeah thats one thing I'm looking forward to the most actually. One thing I would like to know is just how far you can get without needing combat abilities, I've missed having crafting and gathering being an actual class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah thats one thing I'm looking forward to the most actually. One thing I would like to know is just how far you can get without needing combat abilities, I've missed having crafting and gathering being an actual class.
    You gain stealth abilities so literally anywhere if good enough...

Also i wish i could see more then just Paladin artifact armor and OMG LALAFELL ARE TOOOO CUTE!

Also i wish i could see more then just Paladin artifact armor and OMG LALAFELL ARE TOOOO CUTE!
    I cant decide between lalafeel or miqo'te.

female miqo'te marauder/warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    female miqo'te marauder/warrior
    LOL that was my plan but the Lalafel are just soooooo cute....Just wanna pick em up and hug em....

Also getting over 8k on this benchmark version on max 1080p was getting like 5k VERY nice.

I got my fill of short characters with Gnomes in WoW, the Lalafel are cute as hell and if I plan on doing a caster where you are mostly in robes anyways I may pick it. I got really tired of not really being able to make heads or tales of gear sets.

Odds are I'll either go Hyur or Miqo'te, although Elezen is also an option depending on how they look one I get one created. I was Elven in FF11 but kind of want to go something different this go around.

BTW whats the difference in the sub categories for each race? Is it just creation options or is there more to it?
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2013-08-01 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my fill of short characters with Gnomes in WoW, the Lalafel are cute as hell and if I plan on doing a caster where you are mostly in robes anyways I may pick it. I got really tired of not really being able to make heads or tales of gear sets.

Odds are I'll either go Hyur or Miqo'te, although Elezen is also an option depending on how they look one I get one created. I was Elven in FF11 but kind of want to go something different this go around.

BTW whats the difference in the sub categories for each race? Is it just creation options or is there more to it?
    VERY slight stat differences but so slight only the most anal min maxers would care ESPECIALLY since we get stat points to distribute as we level.

Oh and use this you can both test ypur rig AND make characters to import into the game later

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.html

I went in decently set on what race I was gonna play...

Now after playing in this character creation thing, I now have 5 different characters that I CANNOT choose from I wish I could see all the races running animations, that'd probably help me decided a lot...

Side note, my benchmark was 12k, I didn't think my computer was all that great >.>

VERY slight stat differences but so slight only the most anal min maxers would care ESPECIALLY since we get stat points to distribute as we level.

Oh and use this you can both test ypur rig AND make characters to import into the game later

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.html
    Yeah downloading it right now. I'm really trying to get my wife back into playing MMO's and she loves the look of the females in this game. She also likes the crafting set up so maybe just maybe I can succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post

Now after playing in this character creation thing, I now have 5 different characters that I CANNOT choose from I wish I could see all the races running animations, that'd probably help me decided a lot...

Side note, my benchmark was 12k, I didn't think my computer was all that great >.>

Interested to see what mine is. Everything I have is above par on there list but my video card is towards the lower end ( ATI 5750)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Depends on the settings too, at max I only get 5.7k but on low settings I shoot up to nearly 30k.

Curious to see what I'll get once my new graphics card finally arrives..

edit: slight error, the discrepancy apparently isn't quite that bad as i'm getting 7.8k score on maximum now. Guess the new benchmark's more lenient, since i haven't changed anything about my PC since getting that 5.7k on the old benchmark.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2013-08-01 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Nice and yeah i just put in a 660ti because TBH it;s the most my old PSU could handle but i have a new one ready to install...Plus i'm using the original I7-920..It's just nice to know i can max it LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah downloading it right now. I'm really trying to get my wife back into playing MMO's and she loves the look of the females in this game. She also likes the crafting set up so maybe just maybe I can succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Interested to see what mine is. Everything I have is above par on there list but my video card is towards the lower end ( ATI 5750)
    LOL think i was using the 5770..You should be fine by and large.

Nice and yeah i just put in a 660ti because TBH it;s the most my old PSU could handle but i have a new one ready to install...Plus i'm using the original I7-920..It's just nice to know i can max it LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL think i was using the 5770..You should be fine by and large.

Yeah almost everything else in my system is double what they recommend so I figure I will be ok, I may just have a slight bottle neck with the video card. At this point I could probably upgrade it without much cost, don't really need the latest and greatest. Biggest thing need to do is open up my PC and see how big my damn power supply is. I know I got the biggest they had when I had it built but exactly what it is I have zero idea. Its been too long since I put it together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Depends on the settings too, at max I only get 5.7k but on low settings I shoot up to nearly 30k.

Curious to see what I'll get once my new graphics card finally arrives..

edit: slight error, the discrepancy apparently isn't quite that bad as i'm getting 7.8k score on maximum now. Guess the new benchmark's more lenient, since i haven't changed anything about my PC since getting that 5.7k on the old benchmark.
    Could be more lenient because they've optimized things a bit better so its not straining the system as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah almost everything else in my system is double what they recommend so I figure I will be ok, I may just have a slight bottle neck with the video card. At this point I could probably upgrade it without much cost, don't really need the latest and greatest. Biggest thing need to do is open up my PC and see how big my damn power supply is. I know I got the biggest they had when I had it built but exactly what it is I have zero idea. Its been too long since I put it together.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be more lenient because they've optimized things a bit better so its not straining the system as much.
    Oh they optimized it alright my desktop went from 5.2-5.7k to 8.2-8.4k and my laptop from 2.7k to 3.3k at full max.

Yeah they optimized it they optimized it more then Kira Yamato optimized the fucking Strike...Pardon the gundam reference but seriously it's that apt.

1920x1200 maximum scored 11k. Pretty happy with that, now to spend hours creating a character.

Still downloading mine, sometimes it stinks to be in small town Tennessee >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Well pulled 4400+ on max and 7725 on standard so should be ok ( was done at full screen)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta have that Breathe Rite strip, just in case you Mi'qote has nasal congestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me, or can we only see paladin gear in the benchmark?

I just got started on the character creation, and god have I forgotten what its like to actually have so many options to change things. Even more surprising ( at least on the female Hylar) only a handful are completely just kinda of meh options.

Wait are you guys able to play on the beta atm? I got a key and installed the client and it says to wait for the next beta test?

No. In the new benchmark download you can use the character creation tool and save those characters for live.