10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly one thing that I didn't expect was the tiny bit of clothing / hair physics when it's windy.
    I absolutely adore the weather cycle, sometimes wish the rain / thunder would last a bit longer though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Sadly there isn't as many mechanics in the game tied to weather like there was in FFXI.
    What kind of mechanics? I've never played FFXI so I'm just curious.

During storms it spawned suddenly lots of lightning elementals, ect. If I recall correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is something going on? I can't connect to NA/EU servers.

That is kind of disappointing. I hope they do have the weather affect something sometime in the future.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weather/day of the week had effect on elemental spells. thunder or thunder day would boost your thunder spell, but earth day or related earth weather effect would detract from your potency. Spawns like KV needed a double wind or Earth weather(don't remember which) effect as well during its spawn window to pop. Weather and day of the week believed to effect crafting results and skill ups. Weather/day of the week effected mobs strength. Kirin was Earth Based so fighting him on Wind's day he was weakest and earth's day he was strongest.
    That's a pretty cool concept, but definitely not something easily communicated or undertood by the MMO masses. This is a perfect example of niche game features versus a mainstream MMO. While I would think it was awesome, I understand why they wouldn't do something like this.
    BAD WOLF

Only weather effect that isn't all that great is the rain. It's very weak looking, it makes like no impact what so ever. Not even the water ripples when rain hits it.

Though that's just me being very picky. I'm very picky when it comes to graphics. I can write 5 pages on how bad the grass and trees look in XIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Only weather effect that isn't all that great is the rain. It's very weak looking, it makes like no impact what so ever. Not even the water ripples when rain hits it.

Though that's just me being very picky. I'm very picky when it comes to graphics. I can write 5 pages on how bad the grass and trees look in XIV.
    The grass can be horrendous at times. It reminds me of my version of Skyrim. I have it modded out the ass so everything looks as absolutely top-of-the-line as possible, but I could never find a mod that made the grass not shitty and pixelated. So I've got a game with photo-realistic graphics, but all the grass is made of cardboard and cut out by a toddler with Parkinsons.

And that is how the grass in FFXIV feels as well.

great the digital download block was finally removed, and i'm still waiting on my bank to send my new card.

sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any point to doing the hunting log for a class that I've already hit 50 on?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Oddly enough I thought the grass made the game looked fine. I normally turn grass down in MMOs b/c it's so awful and loads funky. Nothing like watching grass sprout everywhere you go, even on Ultra settings. At least in FFXIV the grass is actually there.

They used a neat design where everything looks good from far away. Obviously the jigsaw puzzle of flower shrubs is going to not withstand a microscopic inspection with the player camera. It's made to be pretty scenerey. I like it just fine. I also think LotRO looks just fine though too and most people think it looks like dog poo.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    is there any point to doing the hunting log for a class that I've already hit 50 on?
    Achievements probly. There's also a log for each class/company.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are on it and see a creature with the hunters log mark above the name kill it....when they announce the level cap increase just catch up on it as I would assume more will be released.
    true, very true...

So you know what I think would be cool? Keepers of the Moon should have the option of being wolves instead of cats. Would anyone be opposed to that?

So now that the game is available again. I need to know how good the endgame is and how enjoyable the leveling experience is. I have heard NOTHING but GREAT things about this game and am tempted to pick it up tonight.

Deleted
    While I can't really comment on endgame quality yet (still trying to finish up my Relic questline), there are technically four lvl50 Dungeons, three Hard Mode Primal battles (think instanced boss fight) and one raid currently in game (Binding Coil of Bahamut, contains five "turns", or wings). Admittedly, most will insist that the only real 50 dungeon is Amdapor Keep because it drops currency for the highest quality gear in-game, but yes, there are alternatives. Crystal Tower, another raid which will serve as a middle step between dungeons and Binding Coil, is coming with the next patch, which I suppose will hit the servers in two months or so, assuming Squeenix promises to keep their three-month schedule between updates.

As for the levelling experience, I found it quite enjoyable with a lot of variety. There are plenty of quests to do on the first trip to 50, Hunting Logs to fill out, lots of dungeons every few levels, FATEs to hunt down and so on. Only problems I had was that FATEs are a bit too rewarding for the effort (or possibly everything else rewards too little) and that the cutscenes for the main storyline would outright kill the pacing at several points, which doesn't help when the plot takes way too long to actually become interesting and show shades of grey among the otherwise cartoonish supervillainy and God's good gifts.

Also, just hoping someone can answer this... Are there any additional requirements to post in the Bug sections on the official FFXIV forums? Hydra kill refused to give credit for me. Sent a bug report in-game, but I can't post it in the forums. There's a similar thread about the same problem, yet the poster only has 1 post in total, so I can't see the fuss. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    NA/EU servers still down?

I wish FF14 movements and abilities were more polished and reactive like Wows. I see people sliding around on skates when they move and abilities feel a big lagged.

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    I wish FF14 movements and abilities were more polished and reactive like Wows. I see people sliding around on skates when they move and abilities feel a big lagged.
    granted the game got rebooted and this technically shouldnt be happening but still an mmo out 9 years vs one out for a few months(the reborn aspect). Think im going to just suck it up and buy it tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    That's actually lag. Server related than game related, so ehh.

Is it just me or i have a habit of "NO Mounting" inside lol keep going outside to mount :P

keep thinking you CANNOT mount inside concept in wow XD
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!