Astrologian is so random but I am vastly interested. Let's see if the card aspect will have any mechanics or if it's just visually because we don't need a white mage with "cards"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the past FF game, all "card style" or "Gambler style" class has A LOT of RNG built into it, however, most of those tends to be support.

As a healer, I don't think you can have a healer class that can be affected greatly by RNG so I am not sure what sort of route will they try this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    In the past FF game, all "card style" or "Gambler style" class has A LOT of RNG built into it, however, most of those tends to be support.

As a healer, I don't think you can have a healer class that can be affected greatly by RNG so I am not sure what sort of route will they try this time.
    Well it says healer/support so who knows. But this isn't exactly a gambler type thing. Maybe she is just picking a card at random or picking the card right for the job. Either way the concept is interesting but I want to know the mechanics of it, will the cards be part of that mechanics or is it all just for aesthetics?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it will be mechanics.

Casting heals!!! I got a 7, tank back to full.
    Group taking damage!!! I got a 5, OK heal up everyone, WHM give me a hand too.
    Cleave!!!! I got a 1, ooops sorry tank died...

I'd imagine there will be heals that are a set "X amount of healing" and their bigger abilities could be affected by like of the draw

And don't forget that with corsairs and gamblers in XI, there were mechanics built into the class that let you manipulate luck to get higher numbers too

Damn. This card user really wants me to come back to FF --"

Homophobia is so gay.

i like the idea of the astrologist but the whole globe thing was unnecessary and it would still look nice with cards flying around the caster
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it would be more interesting if the tarot cards you draw are the support spells. Maybe on a 20-30 second CD.

Say you draw the Tower, you'll get an armor buff. Chariot you get a speed buff. Lovers you get a regen. Wheel of Fortune you get a random. Strength a physical damage buff, and so on. At least that's kind of what I hope.

I has a sad. I wasn't playing last year and wanted to get the items from the previous Starlight Celebration.

The santa has is much better than the fake mustache. And the sugarloaf hat, well... I'm glad I'm not a Lala:

edit: I now has less of a sad. Apparently people who completed the event last year can sell the Dream clothing items on the MB, and the Starlight Barding shows up on the MB as well. Now I just need someone on my server to sell one.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2014-12-20 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion kinda has me on the fence about giving this a shot again. When i left i wasn't too happy with all the gating of story behind dungeons and all, but i still perservered and finished Main Scenario before 2.1. didn't do any end game raids or dungeons though.
    Other than griding FATEs and leveling other classes/crafting there wasn't much to do as a casual/solo player.
    Has there any significant content i can do on my own been added? I know NIN was added with 2.4 so thats a huge plus for me from the get go.

Au Ra, eh?

Has the bitching about sexual dimorphism started yet? You know it will.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Au Ra, eh?

Has the bitching about sexual dimorphism started yet? You know it will.
    Started on day 1, though from what people are saying, you can make the females extremely androgynous if you want to be a dragon person that looks male but isn't eight feet tall and bulked to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Started on day 1, though from what people are saying, you can make the females extremely androgynous if you want to be a dragon person that looks male but isn't eight feet tall and bulked to hell
    Is there a video with customization somewhere?

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for the Manderville Golden Saucer in 2.51

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

From the golden saucer vid the bit i take away the most is how nice the tux the character is wearing, but now i want to see the female equivalent for them to wear.

So, a few questions from an old timer:

I stopped playing the game when the first world event was started with the Bombs. Not sure of the name.

1.) Is it worth returning? As in, if I start a fresh account now, can I as a tank find a FC/Guild for raiding? or am I way behind the curve
    2.) Is there still a requirement for tanks? or is healer the most needed now?
    3.) Are the console players still looked down upon? When I played on my PS3 (keyboard+mouse attached) and I answered that when people asked, I would get either insults, or "omg PC master race" etc.
    4.) Are Paladins good! Played a paladin in every MMO I could (or a PLD like class, CHosen in warhammer etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So, a few questions from an old timer:

I stopped playing the game when the first world event was started with the Bombs. Not sure of the name.

1.) Is it worth returning? As in, if I start a fresh account now, can I as a tank find a FC/Guild for raiding? or am I way behind the curve
    2.) Is there still a requirement for tanks? or is healer the most needed now?
    3.) Are the console players still looked down upon? When I played on my PS3 (keyboard+mouse attached) and I answered that when people asked, I would get either insults, or "omg PC master race" etc.
    4.) Are Paladins good! Played a paladin in every MMO I could (or a PLD like class, CHosen in warhammer etc)
    1) Yep and easier then you might think the previous tier of items can be bought by a now unlimited currency and you can start capping to get some of the better items. Raids have been nerfed and are in DF so ideally you can start catching up prettty easily.

2) Tanks and healers are both in demand yes but DPS is not so evil and remember you CAN be them all(we also now have ninja and rogue as well soooo YAY new classes)

3) Sometimes but it depends on server. I play on adamantoise and other then the ps3 having SOME technical limits you souldn't get much if any hate. TBH sounds like you got a bad server is all.

4) They are generally considered the best tanks for most fights but in raids it is usually best to have a WAR and a PLD not sure about after the DRK becomes available though.

But yeah all in all i;d say it;s GREAT time to return 2.5 will bring new ways to catch uo that should be out in january. and the expansion about 3-6 months after that so yeah. I say come back man.

Woop thanks! My current plan:"

Redeem my 60 day time card I have.
    Buy FFXIV on the PC
    Play it on the PC with my old account
    Decide on a new server

But first see if I can run it ><

AMD A10-7850K
    Corsair Vegeance Blue DD3 8GB
    ASROCK FM2A75 Pro 4+ Main board

Should be able to run it at all minimum right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Oh.
    My.
    Gods.
    They added a Marriage system?! <Squeeee!!>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    Oh.
    My.
    Gods.
    They added a Marriage system?! <Squeeee!!>
    yes yes they did...AND you can invit guests get special items and yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Woop thanks! My current plan:"

Redeem my 60 day time card I have.
    Buy FFXIV on the PC
    Play it on the PC with my old account
    Decide on a new server

But first see if I can run it ><

AMD A10-7850K
    Corsair Vegeance Blue DD3 8GB
    ASROCK FM2A75 Pro 4+ Main board

Should be able to run it at all minimum right?
    If you are not shitting me(i am assuming you have agraphics card) then i dunno what is...And yeah should be able to though there is also a benchmark you can try.