Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    In terms of the spirit bonding situation, if SE actually had to make a large change to how the system works in a patch and involve themselves in the very thread this was a heated debate it.

Would you say thats over generalising?

SE acted on this design directly, design and system changes are based on data and acted upon.
    Blizzard had to make the BoP orbs for crafting only needable by people with crafting professions, it was a large enough problem that they had to patch it. They had to introduce personal loot to make sure people weren't ninja-ing gear. They had to make BoE items becomes BoP if they were needed on, because people were needing to sell. Those are just some examples to prevent bad player behavior on WoW.

Making these changes is normal for an MMORPG. If anything, Blizzard has more of a need to fix these problems than SE does, and the fact that you actually believe the playerbase on WoW is better than FFXIV absolutely blows my (and apparently everybody else's as well) mind.

Deleted
    So many people below the interview bitching about the DRK being a tank class. I guess they missed the part where since FF3 dark knights had provoke and a bucketload of HP and armor. They just wont sacrifice hp this time which I dont care about much. Plus the old ffs didnt have exact tank classes. You were either a healer or you killed stuff with maybe the DRK having provoke and the Paladin having cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    So many people below the interview bitching about the DRK being a tank class. I guess they missed the part where since FF3 dark knights had provoke and a bucketload of HP and armor. They just wont sacrifice hp this time which I dont care about much. Plus the old ffs didnt have exact tank classes. You were either a healer or you killed stuff with maybe the DRK having provoke and the Paladin having cover.
    I'm extremely glad it's a tank class. I'm not interested in the "dark and brooding" archetype so I wouldn't play it either way, but this way all the edgy, "emo" teens who don't want to tank can't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    So people were taking advantage of a system. That's normal for ANY MMO. Were these people rude while doing so? No, they were just playing the damn game, getting along fine with others, doing there thing in the dungeon while you did yours. This does not make them jerks. It makes them smart players. I think I can see why you see a lot of jerks though. You are coming off quite like on in this thread. People respond to jerks with jerkiness. The problem is you.
    So for a playerbase that considers it self community based is to you the same playerbase you consider smart by taking advantage of others?

That contradicts it self pretty hard, oh you actually think Im a jerk or act like a jerk in game towards others, well that gave me a laugh.

I've given players free passes through T5 many times and a number through T9 just cos I could for free, actually not aggressive at all, however my opinion states that I think this playerbase is the worst of any mmo so far and I stand by that from what I've seen, and most of this is while observing silently.

Hell even spent a couple of hours helping some friends with their UI and optimisation and not to mention 2 groups to form raid groups for coil so they could get running, which include advice in how to operate and manage said groups.

I consider those taking advantage of others a bad attitude, an opinion is just that an opinion, you might want to re evaluate how to refer people as jerks.

What you are considering here is promoting jerk type behaviour towards others, I want to find ways and systematic ones at that to prevent that.

Also to Seegtease, thats Blizzard knee jerk reaction to the matter, heck a lot of groups Ive seen operate on the standard need and greed system as opposed to personal loot, Blizz has allowed for the raid leaders to actually have choice in the matter, if anything the whole thing has improved because of the added choice.

However as you can see, you claim WOW playerbase has problems, I say FF14 playerbase has problems, why is it to you that your opinion holds more weight then mine? Personal experience you say, well I can claim bollocks to that and you are just making shit up, see how that works?

But I do agree WOW has jerks, never once did I never say they didn't, my claim was FF14 playerbase is the worst there is and is worse then WOW playerbase.

So for a playerbase that considers it self community based is to you the same playerbase you consider smart by taking advantage of others?

That contradicts it self pretty hard, oh you actually think Im a jerk or act like a jerk in game towards others, well that gave me a laugh.

I've given players free passes through T5 many times and a number through T9 just cos I could for free, actually not aggressive at all, however my opinion states that I think this playerbase is the worst of any mmo so far and I stand by that from what I've seen, and most of this is while observing silently.

Hell even spent a couple of hours helping some friends with their UI and optimisation and not to mention 2 groups to form raid groups for coil so they could get running, which include advice in how to operate and manage said groups.

I consider those taking advantage of others a bad attitude, an opinion is just that an opinion, you might want to re evaluate how to refer people as jerks.

What you are considering here is promoting jerk type behaviour towards others, I want to find ways and systematic ones at that to prevent that.

Also to Seegtease, thats Blizzard knee jerk reaction to the matter, heck a lot of groups Ive seen operate on the standard need and greed system as opposed to personal loot, Blizz has allowed for the raid leaders to actually have choice in the matter, if anything the whole thing has improved because of the added choice.

However as you can see, you claim WOW playerbase has problems, I say FF14 playerbase has problems, why is it to you that your opinion holds more weight then mine? Personal experience you say, well I can claim bollocks to that and you are just making shit up, see how that works?

But I do agree WOW has jerks, never once did I never say they didn't, my claim was FF14 playerbase is the worst there is and is worse then WOW playerbase.
    If you look for a problem, then you will find it. To me, it seems like you're the one who likes to stir the pot, thus it's no surprise that you're encountering all these issues.

After years of playing WoW and 1.5 years of FF14, I can say that my experience with the FF14 playerbase is miles ahead of WoW.

To be fair, the 'heavy armour and sword' character archetype is very popular and a lot of people have been asking for a DPS class to be added that boasts thick armour. The closest thing to that at the moment is the Dragoon which isn't everybody's cup of tea. I can understand that there's a shortage of tanks - but that's more to do with a lot of people having zero interest in performing the role rather than a shortage of available classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    They said the new jobs won't start at level 1. They didn't announce the level but definetly not 1. I can't find the interview tho.
    That's good, cause I've never been a huge fan of leveling, hehe.

To be fair DRK skills have always revolved around sacrificing HP/draining or leeching HP/taking extra DMG/etc.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Knight

They may not be DPS in FFXIV, but they could still easily do those things and retain the DRK feel.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    To be fair DRK skills have always revolved around sacrificing HP/draining or leeching HP/taking extra DMG/etc.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Knight

They may not be DPS in FFXIV, but they could still easily do those things and retain the DRK feel.
    They can restrict the sacing of HP for DPS mode.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Except we're not just talking about my personal experience. We're talking about everybody's personal experience except for you. All I see is raving about how much better the FFXIV community is superior to all other communities online, and then you come along and say the exact opposite of what everybody is saying. I'm not the one who has to prove anything. You are the one making the claims that go against the majority of opinions.

Just ask yourself this: why are you having a bad experience with players and nobody else seems to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    If you look for a problem, then you will find it. To me, it seems like you're the one who likes to stir the pot, thus it's no surprise that you're encountering all these issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with ^^.

I've never enjoyed a community as much as FFXIV's. I've resubbed to this game to play with randoms and do content with pugs because it's enjoyable. /shrug.

As for the DRK. I can def see a takes damage but leeches health, but tbqh they'll prolly be some weird mix of WAR/GLA because they tend to keep things a bit simple. I do def think though that a lot of the tanking will be self-healing/leeching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because using a plate character with a huge weapon as a dps is sort of an MMO staple and FF14 doesn't provide it. I started a marauder thinking it was a plate dps and then switched to a monk after I got to level 32. I still want one in FF14 and I hope thy eventually break and put one in.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I'm extremely glad it's a tank class. I'm not interested in the "dark and brooding" archetype so I wouldn't play it either way, but this way all the edgy, "emo" teens who don't want to tank can't play it.
    Right there with you on that :P And since ffiv is one of my favorites and I solely play tanks for main progress in any mmo I play I ll be roleplaying as a paladin/dark knight tank switching between them when I please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    To be fair, the 'heavy armour and sword' character archetype is very popular and a lot of people have been asking for a DPS class to be added that boasts thick armour. The closest thing to that at the moment is the Dragoon which isn't everybody's cup of tea. I can understand that there's a shortage of tanks - but that's more to do with a lot of people having zero interest in performing the role rather than a shortage of available classes.
    I dont think they added the DRK because of a tank shortage :/
    I just think they added 1 of each role to please every type of player. For example I m a tank player. I mostly play tanks. Thats not to say I dont enjoy other roles but tanking is my thing. If they added lets say 2 dps classes and a healer I d be kinda dissapointed :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Because using a plate character with a huge weapon as a dps is sort of an MMO staple and FF14 doesn't provide it. I started a marauder thinking it was a plate dps and then switched to a monk after I got to level 32. I still want one in FF14 and I hope thy eventually break and put one in.
    Yeah I see where you re comming from. Though isnt the dragoon wearing relatively heavy armor? I mean its not paladin or dark knight heavy but its up there on the heavy charts and looks like a fun dps class

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Edition-Digest

Can I go to Ishgard right after purchasing Heavensward?
    In order to access Ishgard, you will first need to complete the main scenario quest "Before the Dawn," which will be implemented in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Patch 2.55.

If I'm understanding it correctly, that is a really poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Edition-Digest

Can I go to Ishgard right after purchasing Heavensward?
    In order to access Ishgard, you will first need to complete the main scenario quest "Before the Dawn," which will be implemented in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Patch 2.55.

If I'm understanding it correctly, that is a really poor decision.
    I really hope they don't force new players to do all main story quests from 1 to 50. Specially all those 50 quests.

Deleted
    Guys does anyone know if I can RAF a person after they ve created his/her account? I gifted my sister the game yesterday but forgot to RAF her and she made an account today and started downloading it. Is it too late to RAF now?

yup it has to be done prior to the registry i believe
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    yup it has to be done prior to the registry i believe
    damn......Τ__Τ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I really hope they don't force new players to do all main story quests from 1 to 50. Specially all those 50 quests.
    But Ishgard will be Lv50+ area, what the hell is a new player doing in there other than getting raped?

Like Coil, relic, any people that joined late still had to start from square one, so likely that they will need to do the quest for it. But is it really that bad? As a new player, the main scenario gives TONS of exp, it really would help them level up, well, the ones past Lv50 wouldn't, but is nice to know the story and why are you ended up going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    But Ishgard will be Lv50+ area, what the hell is a new player doing in there other than getting raped?

Like Coil, relic, any people that joined late still had to start from square one, so likely that they will need to do the quest for it. But is it really that bad? As a new player, the main scenario gives TONS of exp, it really would help them level up, well, the ones past Lv50 wouldn't, but is nice to know the story and why are you ended up going there.
    No, I'm talking about players leveling up while doing their main story quest then at level 50 when they kill the Ultima Weapon they'll have to do all 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 main story quest without being able to go to Ishgard.

Guys does anyone know if I can RAF a person after they ve created his/her account? I gifted my sister the game yesterday but forgot to RAF her and she made an account today and started downloading it. Is it too late to RAF now?
    I read somewhere you can still recruit the person as long as the person hasn't bought the game yet, even if the person has a trial account already.