Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Thats your opinion though... 3/7 friends that play with me are switching over to au ra after they tried the creation on the benchmark. Thats a pretty good analogy! I m sure they did not want everyone and their mother to roll au ras and fuck over the racial diversity. (even tho you know.... 50% miqo'te)
    they could have done better though, some of the horns are just god awful, and they look too humanish as well

So I got to 50, followed some guides advice, and made sure my left side was at least Ilvl 50, and I actually got full soldiery right. I have Ilevel 100 shield and chest. So im trying to knock out my Hardmodes to unlock the dungeon queue, and I'm just going in order, so I get to Pharros. Right when I join the dungeon, a ninja asks me how many EX's I have done, and what coil I am at. He then proceeds to chew me out for being a fresh 50 doing this and gets very belligerent. I feel very disheartened, as most of my hardmodes, ill just say Hi I'm new, please give brief explanations of things to watch out for, and I get these reactions....

Don't mind them ^^

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Thats your opinion though... 3/7 friends that play with me are switching over to au ra after they tried the creation on the benchmark. Thats a pretty good analogy! I m sure they did not want everyone and their mother to roll au ras and fuck over the racial diversity. (even tho you know.... 50% miqo'te)
    Want to know why it is 50% miqo'te? Midlander *should* be way more popular than it is but (at least the female) run animation is GOD AWFUL. That brings up a good point...I hope people thinking of switching to Au'Ra make sure they are happy with the animations BEFORE they use a Fantasia. Something I didn't think about but my GF joked that it is one of the few fantasy games with an elf race that managed to make them unpopular...if only there was a head size slider...lol.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2015-06-09 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    Depends on your server.

On Leviathan, you can get a bunch of people chatting usually in Mor Dohna and Gold Saucer. Main cities too, but yeah, either way there's still a bunch of people chatting in more of the populated zones.
    I'm on Hyperion, which is a Legacy Server and one of the most packed I believe. I do occasionally get server full and have to wait in a short que to log in during peak hours. I have noticed though, and my RL Friend has told me, a lot of people in our FC are just not playing right now, waiting for Heavensward. Maybe that's why I don't see a lot of chat on my server, it's hard to create new chars there and the vets are all on break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtkreoss View Post
    So I got to 50, followed some guides advice, and made sure my left side was at least Ilvl 50, and I actually got full soldiery right. I have Ilevel 100 shield and chest. So im trying to knock out my Hardmodes to unlock the dungeon queue, and I'm just going in order, so I get to Pharros. Right when I join the dungeon, a ninja asks me how many EX's I have done, and what coil I am at. He then proceeds to chew me out for being a fresh 50 doing this and gets very belligerent. I feel very disheartened, as most of my hardmodes, ill just say Hi I'm new, please give brief explanations of things to watch out for, and I get these reactions....
    The fuck never seen that...Seriously just kick him fir harrasment or something guys a toxic player and not cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand this hatred for new players - specially for those who are upfront and declare it at the start. WoW is plagued with it as well.

For elitists jerks, here's what new players coming to a game means--
    New players generally means that the game is growing. A game growing implies that the dev company is more likely to invest more money on the game to make it grow further; which further implies more content, better content and quicker content.

TLDR-- encourage new players instead of snubbing them. 3 months down the line that new guy might just become your new raiding buddy.

Just a reminder that Square, unlike other companies, is actually borderline draconic with handing out bans, if they find there's due cause for you reporting someone for harassment and it's not their first time, there's a very good chance they'll disappear. I feel that's part of why the community is so nice, Square has a sword of Damocles hanging over the community's head and actually being an asshole has a punishment.

They get pretty theatric too, when Gold Saucer was new there were two white mages spamming holy trying to blind people playing King Elmer because they couldn't move, eventually they got hit with petrifaction and dropped dead, then DC'ed and I've never seen them again. Since they also had a reputation for sitting their Behemoths on the tomestone vendors so people couldn't buy stuff, it wouldn't surprise me if they got permabanned.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-06-09 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Just a reminder that Square, unlike other companies, is actually borderline draconic with handing out bans, if they find there's due cause for you reporting someone for harassment and it's not their first time, there's a very good chance they'll disappear. I feel that's part of why the community is so nice, Square has a sword of Damocles hanging over the community's head and actually being an asshole has a punishment
    LOL why I suggested it because SE actually DOES something

Just a reminder that Square, unlike other companies, is actually borderline draconic with handing out bans, if they find there's due cause for you reporting someone for harassment and it's not their first time, there's a very good chance they'll disappear. I feel that's part of why the community is so nice, Square has a sword of Damocles hanging over the community's head and actually being an asshole has a punishment.

They get pretty theatric too, when Gold Saucer was new there were two white mages spamming holy trying to blind people playing King Elmer because they couldn't move, eventually they got hit with petrifaction and dropped dead, then DC'ed and I've never seen them again. Since they also had a reputation for sitting their Behemoths on the tomestone vendors so people couldn't buy stuff, it wouldn't surprise me if they got permabanned.
    That is hilarious. I would contend that Arenanet's ban method from GW1 is my all time favorite still.

A couple of upcoming events at E3

June 16th at 7:00 p.m. (PDT): Heavensward (Preliminary) Patch Note Reading. Only in Japanese.

June 17 at 12:30 p.m. (PDT): Duty Commenced with the US Community Team. Only in English.

June 18th at 10:00am (PDT): Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXII. In both Japanese & English.

The Live Letter will have Yoshi-P hosting a presentation and demonstrating gameplay that showcases airship crafting, the new loot system, and more.

Edited: Is this much easier to read than that copy&paste I did.
    Last edited by Aberrict; 2015-06-09 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtkreoss View Post
    Ouch, sorry to hear that.

I would have (and I know many would as well) told you generally what to look out for, and the basic strategy for each boss, as long as you let me know you are new from the start.

I myself would never seen it though, as I would love to question that NIN back how many EX he had sold and how many T13 sold run he had done.

Regarding my questions about server transfer earlier: My friends and I decided to stay put for at least a month. Couple of them had just transferred to where we are now (Goblin) so we want to see if the xpac results in a large influx of new/returning players there. Not to mention, as others already noted, I would expect the current full/locked servers to be a shitstorm with new/returning people coming back. So we're gonna wait and see for a bit.

I'm considering switching from Miqo'te to Au Ra female based on the Benchmark, but I'll need to play with it a bit more before deciding. I chose female Miqo'te over the others due to overall aesthetic and animations... the Elezen and Midlander female running animations just aren't "nice" (fluid, natural, etc...) enough to me vs Miqo'te.

Deleted
    So guys I just found a problem....
    G2Play doesnt have game cards for EU anymore... is it cause they are now out of stock and they ll be renewing soon? Cause I need to get one in about a month and I dont want to get into the whole business of paying the sub through the station. Is there another site that I could get the card from with a paysafe or something? Do you think they ll add more soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused. How is paying a sub through mog station any different from, say, paying a sub through battle.net or for that matter, entering a gamecard code on the same page?

I understand if it's just preference, but your wording makes it sound like there's more to it than that.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I'm confused. How is paying a sub through mog station any different from, say, paying a sub through battle.net or for that matter, entering a gamecard code on the same page?

I understand if it's just preference, but your wording makes it sound like there's more to it than that.
    Won't speak directly for him, but some people don't like having their card saved onto a system. Then there's also that someone might forget to unsub if they stop playing for a long period of time for whatever reason.

We have our launch maintenance times now

Assuming nothing catastrophic happens that makes them extend it, it will be from 2AM PDT on the 18th to 2AM PDT on the 19th, so a full 24 hours before EA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post

It's not different and its not like I dont trust SE or anything with the billing. I d just rather buy a paysafe and grab a game card than have my credit billed if I can avoid it. Plus G2play had them cheaper :P

We have our launch maintenance times now

Assuming nothing catastrophic happens that makes them extend it, it will be from 2AM PDT on the 18th to 2AM PDT on the 19th, so a full 24 hours before EA
    Meh they better let us download the game early...

Homophobia is so gay.