15+ Year Old Account
    I've been billed for my Heavensward preorder already...however didn't know about the don't log out during early access until you've got the code for the actual heavensward. That seems supa silly. but eh

Ha ha ha yeah S.E is kinda bad at handling those releases

their shop does not even sell DIGITAL games to Switzerland... I mean really.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Any experiences from playing on the Phoenix server? I kinda chose it couple of months ago when I bought the game and didn't really get into it that time. I chose the server back then as I liked it's name, yet I only today learned that the server is some kind of unofficial German/French server. Should I roll ASAP to some other more English populated server or is it not a big deal in this game?

Nothing against German/French servers, I'm just used to WoW where there are whole server clusters for each language.
    Since Phoenix is part of the Chaos (EU) group. I'm going to assume by English you mean UK. Odin talks to be the primary UK server with a few Germans,French, and Swedish players.

That's not really a question I have an answer to.

If your looking for an English Free Company on Phoenix try its forum on the SE site.

Don't know about you guys, but whenever I try to open FFXIV (trhough Steam) before I can even log into the launcher "FFXIV ARR has stopped working." comes up, I uninstalled it 2 times, updated my drivers, but nothing. Also it seems not only that program but several as well (like skype).

Do you guys know any fix that might work?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Don't know about you guys, but whenever I try to open FFXIV (trhough Steam) before I can even log into the launcher "FFXIV ARR has stopped working." comes up, I uninstalled it 2 times, updated my drivers, but nothing. Also it seems not only that program but several as well (like skype).

Do you guys know any fix that might work?
    Multiple programs with a "has stopped working" notice?

Have you run an anti-virus scan?

Boot up in Safe Mode with Networking and see if the programs crash there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    Multiple programs with a "has stopped working" notice?

Have you run an anti-virus scan?

Boot up in Safe Mode with Networking and see if the programs crash there.
    I ran alot of anti virus scan, but to no avail (at one time, even my anti virus had that problem but uninstalling it worked on it though and skype)

Gotta try the safe mode tho, currently im re downloading FFXIV on steam so I cant do that right now.
    Last edited by Moon-Man; 2015-06-04 at 11:32 PM.

I ran alot of anti virus scan, but to no avail (at one time, even my anti virus had that problem but uninstalling it worked on it though and skype)

Gotta try the safe mode tho, currently im re downloading FFXIV on steam so I cant do that right now.
    Something somewhere is interfering.

Open the Action Center and click> Maintenance > View reliability history > View all problem reports.

Then right-click on one of the programs with "Stopped working" errors > View technical details

You should be able to see what is causing the crash.

Something somewhere is interfering.

Open the Action Center and click> Maintenance > View reliability history > View all problem reports.

Then right-click on one of the programs with "Stopped working" errors > View technical details

You should be able to see what is causing the crash.
    Sorry for putting this thing, but I can see you know what your doing. Thanks for helping me.
    Heres a full report on FFXIV:

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivlauncher.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ffxivlauncher.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 555bdbd9
    Fault Module Name: ieframe.dll
    Fault Module Version: 11.0.9600.17801
    Fault Module Timestamp: 553669ec
    Exception Code: c0000096
    Exception Offset: 0060cf6a
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: ab32
    Additional Information 2: ab3226f5e18ff43dda14b03de610de91
    Additional Information 3: 52da
    Additional Information 4: 52dadc2c02f6ebf2cf77a1e2d8b2dd28

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: d90cab55e920bdc88db1e7b53f6edfc3 (74309738816)

It seems the problem lies with ieframe.dll (probably) unsure how to fix that, my IE is up to date as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I also tried safe mode too (after installation), it opened for 2 seconds and auto closed itself (did not even showed anything just black screen). Oops quoted myself there...lol
    Last edited by Moon-Man; 2015-06-05 at 01:18 AM.

hmm this poster had trouble with the launcher due to IE.

Click the gear symbol in the top right and select Internet Options > Security > Reset all zones to default level > Apply > Ok. That might due it.

If not disable Windows Firewall, if you have that on and another anti-virus, two active firewalls can cause problems.

Here's a list of different fixes for an ieframe.dll error if the above doesn't work.

Hope you can get to the root of the problem.
    Last edited by Aberrict; 2015-06-05 at 03:11 AM.

hmm this poster had trouble with the launcher due to IE.

Click the gear symbol in the top right and select Internet Options > Security > Reset all zones to default level > Apply > Ok. That might due it.

If not disable Windows Firewall, if you have that on and another anti-virus, two active firewalls can cause problems.

Here's a list of different fixes for an ieframe.dll error if the above doesn't work.

Hope you can get to the root of the problem.
    Well, now I get no has stopped working, but the launcher just exits by itself.

Well, I found the answer to my previous question about when we will get the pre-order bonus items.

Announcing FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Early Access Details!

In-game bonus item distribution information
    Items will be distributed to users who have registered their pre-order bonus codes via in-game Mog Letter starting Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT).
    And other pertinent info:
    How to Confirm Pre-order Bonuses (Windows):
    To confirm early access:
    Visit the Mog Station, log in, and select “Your Account.” You’ll see early access referenced in your “Account Type” section.

To confirm ore-order bonus items:
    Visit the Mog Station, log in, and select “Your Account.” Select “View additional items” in the “Bonus” section.
    PlayStation®3 / PlayStation®4 (for users who pre-ordered the physical package)
    How to Confirm Pre-order Bonuses:
    PlayStation®3
    Navigate to the “PlayStation™Network” area of the XMB (XrossMediaBar) and select “Account Management,” then select “Transaction Management.” Choose “Services List” and find “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.” Selecting it will show Heavensward early access. This will also grant you the in-game bonus items at release.

PlayStation®4
    Visit the “Settings” menu of the PS4, then select “PlayStation™Network/Account Management,” then “Account Information.” Scroll down and select “Services List,” and find “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.” Selecting it will show Heavensward early access. This will also grant you the in-game bonus items at release.
    PlayStation®3 / PlayStation®4 (PSN download version)
    How to Confirm Pre-order Bonuses:
    PlayStation®3
    Navigate to the “PlayStation™Network” and select “Account Management,” then select “Transaction Management.” Choose “Services List” and find “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.” Selecting it will show Heavensward early access. This will also grant you the in-game bonus items at release.

PlayStation®4
    Visit the “Settings” menu of the PS4, then select “PlayStation™Network/Account Management,” then “Account Information.” Scroll down and select “Services List,” and find “FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.” Selecting it will show Heavensward early access. This will also grant you the in-game bonus items at release.
    * Registration information will be reflected on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station after launching the game for the first time after Early Access has begun.

The shitty website I can live with. Hopefully they don't have those god awful errors at launch where you couldn't even log in nor join a queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tangent questions:

- How many hours played will it take someone to complete all Main Story content (only Mainstory) from 2.1 to 2.55 ?
    - Is there any gear grind bottleneck in between?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Tangent questions:

- How many hours played will it take someone to complete all Main Story content (only Mainstory) from 2.1 to 2.55 ?
    - Is there any gear grind bottleneck in between?
    They are adding gear to story qyests so likely minimal to no downtime gear wise comes heavensward as for time played not sure..not too long if jusy 2.1-2.55 though

50,000 isn't alot honestly. I have something like 2.5 million and I would be considered poor by many, many people. 50,000 is however a very nice amount when you're first starting out.

10+ Year Old Account
    50,000 is peanut for end gamer, but 50,000 is A LOT for someone fresh in the game and leveling.

That is a good "welcome to Final Fantasy XIV" present. The communities welcome package for a new player

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    This game! Some other player just stopped me in Limsa Lominsa, greeted me and started whispering. Then she just opened trade and offered 50.000 ingame currency! I have no idea if it's a lot in this game but it sure warms your heart. I honestly wasn't expecting this, I was so sure she was about to recruit me to her Free Company or something.
    Awww that's so amazing! I can't wait to start playing haha

I think SE said they're opening EU servers in EU for HW. It was in the producer's letter or something.

But yeah, pre-downloads being done so late(i heard the game is 30gb for the PC?) and no real beta testing...

Early access, everyone's gonna be downloading the game, spamming login servers, jamming everything up, I expect the servers to crash and burn for days.

Days!