10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    I am pretty sure there are people who want to help but as I said, what is it that you can do more by becoming a Mentor instead of a regular guy who just loves to help?
    It gives you access to a special chat channel it does give some rewards and you get a special icon by your name(optional)

The downside to Mentor... I have to get 10 levels on PLD and 30 on WHM for the minimum to meet requirements. I've never cared for healing and I've slacked on tanking. I decided I was focusing on NIN, crafting, and knocking out more console games this expansion! Grrr....

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They also mentioned a new house: Mansions.

I already am interested, but terrified of the price.

I'd really like to see them implement a way to build your house up a floor instead, though. We're happy with our plot, but if they add more space to put things in the house and keep adding new items, eventually we're going to need a third floor in addition to the basement/ground/second in the large house. And I'm sure the small house players would appreciate a second floor eventually. (Who am I kidding, I imagine small house owners would kill for a second floor option about.....right now.)
    I want to point out that a "mansion" is what a block of apartments is called in Japan and other parts of Asia. The term comes from the British English term "mansion block" which what more up scale flats/apartments are called.

From Wikipedia:
    In British English a mansion block refers to a block of flats or apartments designed for the appearance of grandeur. In many parts of Asia, including Hong Kong and Japan, the word mansion also refers to a block of apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    I want to point out that a "mansion" is what a block of apartments is called in Japan and other parts of Asia. The term comes from the British English term "mansion block" which what more up scale flats/apartments are called.

From Wikipedia:
    OOOOHHHHHHH, so when people were saying they're doing apartments and I was seeing mention of mansions, it's probably the same thing and not a new, enormous, house. That actually makes me happier (as I didn't want to be tempted to get the FC working towards a bigger house). Thanks for clarifying!

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOOHHHHHHH, so when people were saying they're doing apartments and I was seeing mention of mansions, it's probably the same thing and not a new, enormous, house. That actually makes me happier (as I didn't want to be tempted to get the FC working towards a bigger house). Thanks for clarifying!
    Yeah I only knew as a holdover from my hardcore Otaku days. At first I heard mansions and was like "HOLY FUCK HOW MUCH WILL THESE COST" theeen I remembered and was like "cool"

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that caster/healer sets being recolors is a bit of a bummer.

But I rather have a recolor of a good looking set than the weirdness of Evening Star caster tome gear.... >.<

The new Dragoon tomestone gear has given me just enough motivation to pick up where I left on with my Dragoon

My body isn't ready...

That trailer makes me cringe for Lancer/Dragoon running animations. Of all the ways they chose to have run with a spear, they chose the one where the user jams the spear up his ass and runs with it. Was my biggest aesthetic gripe when it comes to playing it, idle unsheathed stance is fine, attacking is fine... just... the running. Christ it hurts to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    That trailer makes me cringe for Lancer/Dragoon running animations. Of all the ways they chose to have run with a spear, they chose the one where the user jams the spear up his ass and runs with it. Was my biggest aesthetic gripe when it comes to playing it, idle unsheathed stance is fine, attacking is fine... just... the running. Christ it hurts to watch.
    .....what? O_o

.....what? O_o
    The Lancer/Dragoon unsheathed running animation runs very rigidly, it always has, and watching the trailer for the next patch made it particularly noticeable during the PvP area demonstration. You'd think that considering the way the Lancer moves in combat that it's running animation wouldn't look so horribly bland in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post

My body isn't ready...
    The more I look at this the more I think its actually a reference to Power Rangers than anything else. It looks exactly the same when it combines. The colours, lighting effect, and fly in part are all the same.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-02-13 at 01:44 AM.

Ah, right. It was the "jams it up his ass" that threw me. Yeah, they do run more like a standard, boring ol' spearman in an infintry than a dragoon. You'd at least expect a one handed grip while running.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    The more I look at this the more I think its actually a reference to Power Rangers than anything else. It looks exactly the same when it combines. The colours, lighting effect, and fly in part are all the same.
    Voltron was still my first thought XD

We're supposedly getting some new emotes as well. I have no source - but it makes me wonder what else they'll toss in with 3.2 that hasn't been revealed in the trailer/previews.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    It is I think... and it looks badass XD

Just watched the trailer, (The Alexander sections makes me think of Voltron, as opposed to Power Rangers, tho I'm quite sure it's not a Voltron reference. I don't think GoLIon was ever really hotstuff in Japan like Voltron was in his day for us 80s era English speakers).

However a certain detective landing is what has me most hyped. That alone has me going from "I'll probably resub a month after the patch hits" to "Damn, Hildebrand!? Day 1 resub when patch hits!"
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel I need to salute the Master Gatherers from all of Eorzea. I've been hunting blue scripts all day after casually farming blue scripts for 1 book, the Miner's legendary node book for Ablathian's Spine (Sun Mica & Red Alumen) over the course of several weeks, and managing to get around 80 tokens from this weekend alone.

Needless to say, the Crafters as well, but the sheer pain of collecting all of those blue gathering tokens and see the effort into finally getting "free" Astral Moraine and buy cheap Seventh Heaven so I can begin to mass produce Astral Oil.

Might've not made any sense, but Gathering/Crafting is the true endgame for this game. You should all farm 80.. Well, 99 tokens and start mining 1 star HQ materials.
    I'm glad and sad I didn't have any Valentine today. Actually, I'm really happy I didn't have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Blue Script sucks. Scrap that, endgame gathering sucks, period.

Mostly due to the fact that you are in complete lockdown when farming them. You can't even do a quick dungeon, because it may be too long and then you miss your shitty 5 minute window.

Bleh. I gathered the 3 books for miner, can't be arsed to do that for the botanist too.

I REALLY wish they would come up with some personal cooldown system or something, so you don't have to constantly watch the clock like a hawk if you want to farm shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah Blue Script sucks. Scrap that, endgame gathering sucks, period.

Mostly due to the fact that you are in complete lockdown when farming them. You can't even do a quick dungeon, because it may be too long and then you miss your shitty 5 minute window.

Bleh. I gathered the 3 books for miner, can't be arsed to do that for the botanist too.

I REALLY wish they would come up with some personal cooldown system or something, so you don't have to constantly watch the clock like a hawk if you want to farm shit.
    They ve made it that way so that people who want to solely focus on gathering/crafting can get a feel that what they are doing is in real time and is important. They gotta get their own longterm and meaningful late game after all

15+ Year Old Account
    I've managed to get all the folklore nodes unlocked just by taking a peek at my clock when I wasn't doing anything. If a blue script node was up soon, I'd go grab them (morel and cuprite are 5 minutes apart). They also pop every 30 minutes, so it's pretty common to randomly glance at the clock and see that they're soon.

On the other hand with red scripts, I take a few hours out each week to cap them, usually when they reset on thursday, but sometimes I save it. Really doesn't put me out that much to do all the red scripts and since morel/cuprite follows the chysahl adamantite spawns, I get the blue scripts with them too.

Far too many people bitch about the script system. Even my FC leader. It's sub optimal, but it wasn't difficult nor offputting if you just gradually make progress rather than seeing it as a grind.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"