10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, discovered during a rehearsal that SE's DEVs were thinking with their rear end again.

A-C = 20 yards = range that players can read /s and /em communication. Wohoo.

Guess it was too hard to make it readable within the whole cathedral. <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    funny, so now it's or instead of And? O_o you jump between opinions rather fast. And I'm not triggered, just wanted to point out your rather elitist opinion with the And
    I'm not jumping between opinions, I was further clarifying the intentions of my post. Which at the time that I made the post (which was very late at night my time), seemed like I was saying what I clarified.

Hence the word clarify.

Rest assured, I've edited the original post to avoid further confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah, discovered during a rehearsal that SE's DEVs were thinking with their rear end again.

Clearly you need to have every one shout at the wedding
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-02-25 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I need a Damage Meter simply because I'm never 100% sure whether I'm hitcapped or not, since the game doesn't truely give you any info on that.
    That alone would make it worth it for me.

Of course, they could also add a proper character screen that. That would be fine too. I just don't know how they could implement a character overview like that, because the rating you need depends on what content you do.
    I'd sooner have them remove accuracy entirely, miss chance is so dumb when it's a modular stat and not a mechanic you have to cancel out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Clearly you need to have every one shout at the wedding
    Yes, I rewrote my macros to use /y and distinguished emotes by ** text **.
    Not ideal, but it's readable from anywhere in there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I'd sooner have them remove accuracy entirely, miss chance is so dumb when it's a modular stat and not a mechanic you have to cancel out
    That would be cool too, it's also somewhat limiting and hurts healers too. In fact, that would be even better... I'm glad WoW got rid of it, it's completely useless.

10+ Year Old Account

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XoTsaJO.jpg/img]

Start using them lungs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    calm down and let me clarify since you seem to have misunderstood me. If you do not do one of the following things: Run ACT (Knowing some one who runs ACT is just as good), or follow some sort of guide, then then you are not putting forth much effort. I mean of course you could seek a knowledgeable friend and ask for advice, I personally just threw that in with the guide category.
    You don't really need a guide quite honestly. I've never used a guide before in my life. Most of the game follows a sort of logical stepping. When I messed around with SMN during early expansion, friend with ACT noted I'm usually top chart or near cause someone else is better than me or what not. While I realize that you said friend with ACT, that's not really going to do much if you don't know what's going on that's wrong. Any parsing tool doesn't tell you how to play or what went wrong, it only tells you the number.
    Admittedly I don't play SMN to the most optimal degree cause screw tracking every cooldown, timer and sheer laziness. Stuff I ignore is like applying Miasmra / Miasma 2 and extending that duration with the pet to make it worth the cast. Stuff like using Aetherflow charges with Bahamut trance is something I'm bad at but I'm very well aware of it.

I do my own calculations with games. It's what I've always done in WoW, EQ2, and in this game. Sure it's more than likely not always the most optimized with that last few % of theoretical DPS, but it's honestly enough for most cases. Only class guide I've seen in this game actually was someone linked here for SMN during 2.0(?). It had a 2m or so 'optimized' opening. Which I can tell you that outside of sitting in everything and hoping the boss doesn't move, is a bad thing to follow down to the core.

Deleted
    out of curiosity.. does someone know what the actual player numbers roghly are? // is the game still as lively as about when heavensward launched?

After loosing my last nerve by farming ap in wow I am thinking about resubbing with my account and catch up casually with all the new story quests and trials/dungeons, playing alex in "lfr" and seeing where I will end. Last time I played was when only the first part of alex was released

Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post
    out of curiosity.. does someone know what the actual player numbers roghly are? // is the game still as lively as about when heavensward launched?

After loosing my last nerve by farming ap in wow I am thinking about resubbing with my account and catch up casually with all the new story quests and trials/dungeons, playing alex in "lfr" and seeing where I will end. Last time I played was when only the first part of alex was released
    I'd say the game is more lively than ever, at least that's how it is on my server.

So, I played this game... some years ago? I lvled up like mad, did the insane amount of quests needed to unlock the astronomer class and then stopped when my sub ran out.

My question mainly is...

how hard is it for a seasoned raid veteran to join a guild in this game and start getting into gearing and stuff? I generally play healers and enjoy pretty much all of them, and having too much free time for some months ahead, so... not wanting to play WoW again, I was thinking of going into a game I don't know and play my heart out.

I just want to play with people around to talk to, learn from, enjoy the game with and do content with. Are there any guilds like this in FF?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    So, I played this game... some years ago? I lvled up like mad, did the insane amount of quests needed to unlock the astronomer class and then stopped when my sub ran out.

My question mainly is...

how hard is it for a seasoned raid veteran to join a guild in this game and start getting into gearing and stuff? I generally play healers and enjoy pretty much all of them, and having too much free time for some months ahead, so... not wanting to play WoW again, I was thinking of going into a game I don't know and play my heart out.

I just want to play with people around to talk to, learn from, enjoy the game with and do content with. Are there any guilds like this in FF?
    Raiding guilds or free companies are less of a thing in this game due to Linkshells and all that. You're better off finding a free company that supports your social habits, and finding a raiding static by advertising - or there seems to be no end of people searching for either fill-ins or permanent members on party finder. You don't even have to be on the same server as your raid team nowadays.

As far as the gear portion - Right now we are in a catch up patch, where you can get current ilevel (though not necessarily itemized well) gear through tomestones and running your weekly 24 man dungeon - no raiding required.

How easy it is to find a spot with a successful group really only depends on your performance.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2017-02-25 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Raiding guilds or free companies are less of a thing in this game due to Linkshells and all that. You're better off finding a free company that supports your social habits, and finding a raiding static by advertising - or there seems to be no end of people searching for either fill-ins or permanent members on party finder. You don't even have to be on the same server as your raid team nowadays.

As far as the gear portion - Right now we are in a catch up patch, where you can get current ilevel (though not necessarily itemized well) gear through tomestones and running your weekly 24 man dungeon - no raiding required.

How easy it is to find a spot with a successful group really only depends on your performance.
    Thank you! It does sound like a much more relaxed environment than WoW's mythic raiding. Is that right?

- - - Updated - - -

No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station (http://sqex.to/Msp) to confirm the status of your service account.

If you have been playing on a free trial account, this message is being displayed because your trial period has expired.
    A transfer to regular service is required to continue playing. Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to begin the transfer process.
    If you have already purchased a retail copy of the game, please enter the enclosed registration code at the Mog Station to upgrade your account. It is not necessary to download a new version of the game client after upgrading to regular service.
    Does this mean that I cannot download the game until I re-sub?

Yes you cannot download without a sub. Sorta shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

My question mainly is...

Its not really the 'raid or get out' game WoW is. There are things like Linkshells which act as private invite only chat channels and a new party finder for raiding if you want, or find a dedicated group in a FC or not but on the whole you can do what you want theres no pressure to raid.

I like FFXIV precisely because it's not a "raid or gtfo" type of game. I don't do the Savage raids at all, but I still have tons of stuff to do that's fun and worth doing. My gear is on par with Savage raiders though they had their gear far faster than I did. I stick to mostly dungeons and trials and I poke my head into the weekly normal raid things like Dun Scaith and Soul of the Creator. I can mingle with the raiders if I want to but I don't HAVE to just to progress my character.

The most difficult thing to address is item level. You basically need values for many item level points for every class, in order to be able to tell where your limits are.
    For instance: when I do 1.3K (Cuchulainn) on my 240 BLM, is that good or bad? I have no data on that and in that case, a DPS meter, doesn't help that much. I can compare Enochian uptime and # of Fire IV casts to other mages in the raid but that's pretty much it. With Bosses skipping phases like crazy, pulling a random log from the Internet won't do me much good.
    Yeah, even FF Logs doesn't give an ilvl listing for what people have posted (although maybe I've overlooked that; I have only recently learned of that site and even bothered to look at it). The top BLM parse for that fight there is at 2.6k...but that's probably in all or near all BiS gear, nor do we know how much cheesing was involved (ie did they have ASTs feeding them balance cards, other party buffs like Litany, etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I like FFXIV precisely because it's not a "raid or gtfo" type of game. I don't do the Savage raids at all, but I still have tons of stuff to do that's fun and worth doing. My gear is on par with Savage raiders though they had their gear far faster than I did. I stick to mostly dungeons and trials and I poke my head into the weekly normal raid things like Dun Scaith and Soul of the Creator. I can mingle with the raiders if I want to but I don't HAVE to just to progress my character.
    I find that to be a major strength of this game in terms of how they've handled gear progression, although I can see where folks may find it to be almost too predictable, thus stale. Beats being dozens of ilvls behind and praying to RNGesus in order to get enough gear to raid, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Yeah, even FF Logs doesn't give an ilvl listing for what people have posted (although maybe I've overlooked that; I have only recently learned of that site and even bothered to look at it). The top BLM parse for that fight there is at 2.6k...but that's probably in all or near all BiS gear, nor do we know how much cheesing was involved (ie did they have ASTs feeding them balance cards, other party buffs like Litany, etc).
    The 24 mans aren't so great of a benchmark, because not a lot of people are necessarily concerned about uploading parses there. Likely what you see are a lot of live uploads with the fflogs tool - maybe not even from people in your alliance.

FFlogs is neat that you can get graded based off of percentiles of specific encounters, and each encounter has a weight - so after stuff is on farm, it's a game within itself to tune your performance to get better outcomes. Some of the fights are obviously cheesed - you will see things like 90+% balance up-time, but even into the upper 90th percentiles are available without the perfect speed clear comp.

Where you will see the obviously most skewed numbers are Faust Z, with some people cheesing numbers into the 5k range. I'd still say though that with ~1m clear time, if you are doing your job right ~3.5-4k for DPS and ~2-2.5k for tanks is entirely achievable with good gear and not feeding specific people. More if you are running the optimal setup.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2017-02-26 at 02:16 AM.

A question:

Can you abandon the anima quest called "Coming into Its Own" without losing the 4 quest items you obtain through un-id stuff? Having second thoughts about the Job to do the questline with after I obtained the 4 quest items...

To clarify, the items are not Key Items nor are they anything like quest items, you simply seem to unlock the vendor to buy them from with the quest.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2017-02-26 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats!
    Bard is 58 1/3rd .. getting there...

@ Yuna costume: Really pretty, but I'm not forking over 30€ for that.
    C'mon now, I paid $40+ to get these two costumes in TERA! :P

Goddamn random boxes for the premium dye-able ones....but the Evangelion schoolgirl costume was worth it!
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-02-26 at 07:27 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    A question:

Can you abandon the anima quest called "Coming into Its Own" without losing the 4 quest items you obtain through un-id stuff? Having second thoughts about the Job to do the questline with after I obtained the 4 quest items...

To clarify, the items are not Key Items nor are they anything like quest items, you simply seem to unlock the vendor to buy them from with the quest.
    If its the 4 "Unidentified", then yes you can abandon the quest while still keeping them.

Oh, what I would like to know is if there's "recount" or skada in this game. I really want to know if what I'm doing is shit or okay.