Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    ive raided with this spec on my priest
    never really been fan of pain and suppression, well i mean havent really needed it
    I'm sorry... But if you haven't needed pain suppression you are probably getting carried. It probably the strongest healer cooldown in the game to give to a single target. The threat reduction is meaning less at this point because of how high tank threat is, and it can really save the day. Not picking it up for 1 point is simply gimping yourself. I also don't understand why so many people are picking up surge of light. I've tried it. It never procs when you need it to, and is simply a free flash heal from time to time whether you need it or not. (It's not a bad talent for holy due to Flash at least procing serendipity, but disc gets not extra benefit out of casting an overhealed flash heal)

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 12:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Gotta give up SOMETHING - lol.. and pure PoH spam is more HPS than PWS for BT -> PoH
    Are you not casting PW:S anyways for rapture? I'm sure if you did that, you could gain more HPS by merely focusing more stats out of spirit into real throughput stats.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I want to get both. How can I do it efficiently?

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 12:08 PM ----------

    I'm currently thinking of dropping Train of Thought so I don't have to drop Inspiration.
    Do you have a shaman in your raid? In which case you should be able to get away with dropping Inspiration. Otherwise get rid of ToT since the only real good it will do is give you more Inner Focussed GH's, which tbh isn't really THAT much of a mana saving.

    I pick up Atonment and SoS in my current spec and drop Inspiration due to us having a Resto Shaman (they provide the same buff). I've found AA to be such a useful healing cooldown since it's available so often, and basically since I pick that up it's a no-brainer to get Atonement as well. If the current fight doesn't favor Atonement healing, try to weave in Smite/Holy Fires every now & then just to keep up evangelism. If Atonement healing is effective (so OP for Alysrazor) then it's a plus, but I mainly just use it for AA. I have SoS since we have no Holy Paladin in our raid, and SoS is great when tank healing to get more precious bubbles on the tank(s).

    I also don't pick up ToT, never found it to be that useful.

  3. #23
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    I'm sorry... But if you haven't needed pain suppression you are probably getting carried. It probably the strongest healer cooldown in the game to give to a single target. The threat reduction is meaning less at this point because of how high tank threat is, and it can really save the day. Not picking it up for 1 point is simply gimping yourself. I also don't understand why so many people are picking up surge of light. I've tried it. It never procs when you need it to, and is simply a free flash heal from time to time whether you need it or not. (It's not a bad talent for holy due to Flash at least procing serendipity, but disc gets not extra benefit out of casting an overhealed flash heal)

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 12:45 AM ----------



    Are you not casting PW:S anyways for rapture? I'm sure if you did that, you could gain more HPS by merely focusing more stats out of spirit into real throughput stats.
    I go Disc on 3 fights: Alysrazor (tank heal SoS & then AA during down phase) - Baleroc: SoS spam, BT wouldn't make much of a difference here - Majordomo: Atonement spam and just GHeal spam tank and shield people with seeds.

    I had no issues with my spec for those 3 fights.


    And my gear is reforged for Holy.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I go Disc on 3 fights: Alysrazor (tank heal SoS & then AA during down phase) - Baleroc: SoS spam, BT wouldn't make much of a difference here - Majordomo: Atonement spam and just GHeal spam tank and shield people with seeds.

    I had no issues with my spec for those 3 fights.

    And my gear is reforged for Holy.
    I think BT is massive on Baleroc, especially if you're abusing SoS for higher healing. And other then a small portion of Alysrazor you don't ever need to pure PoH spam anyways so i don't understand your arguement that 'pure PoH spam is more HPS than PWS for BT -> PoH'

  5. #25
    Epic! Omians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,657
    i use to have pain suppression, but i never used it, i was a tank healer at the time, the tanks managed their cooldowns and could avoid damage pretty well, and i stayed around, was with them till my availability time switched to do work, then i went tank on an alt for a later night running group

    i dono, the spec just works for me,
    Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

  6. #26
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    I think BT is massive on Baleroc, especially if you're abusing SoS for higher healing. And other then a small portion of Alysrazor you don't ever need to pure PoH spam anyways so i don't understand your arguement that 'pure PoH spam is more HPS than PWS for BT -> PoH'
    There's a thread around here somewhere with math on that.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    There's a thread around here somewhere with math on that.
    But you're still casting the shields to take advantage of Rapture. I'd think those two points in Borrowed Time would outweigh Mental Agility easily.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  8. #28
    If you don't plan to bubblebot, this specc might be an alternative.

    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfRoRRsbsRMochMZb

    Reasons for this specc:

    It is more or less centered around healing with atonement and penance/greater heal/PoH - therefore mental agility won't help you much -> Points saved.

    One point in soul warding is enough to let you cast a shield and - empowered by borrowed time - any other spell afterwards without the need to wait @your shield-CD. It's a matter of rythm, but in most cases the global you have to wait can be filled with useful stuff. The only thing which needs a little bit of forethought is when you want to preshield certain events (Heroic ragnaros seed explosion comes to mind).

    one point in SoS is more than enough to let you cast your shield on your tank right after rapture is brack from cooldown. If you plan on regularly using your shield and therefore sacrificing mana, this won't be enough for you. But when you use your shield on your MT to keep rapture rolling, this will suffice.
    Raidheal is mainly centered around PoH and is absolutely viable with this specc.

    In my opinion, the small amount of adaptation that is needed is totally worth the 2% haste.

  9. #29
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    But you're still casting the shields to take advantage of Rapture. I'd think those two points in Borrowed Time would outweigh Mental Agility easily.
    Really? Never considered dropping Mental Agi but I can see your point... just an oversight on a farming content spec guess I should have thought about it more before linking to someone :P

  10. #30
    SOS and AA dont help each other which is why most(though losing confidence in "most") choose 1 or the other or run dual disc, even if your just using holy fire to keep buff up and not smite spamming then you lost a chance to reduce weakened soul. And obviously if your busy reducing weakened soul then there is no time to keep holy fire up. In order to take both you have to drop throughput talents.

    no pain suppression... your crazy it is ridiculously good, so many classes want a cd that good, i recommend you find a time to use it even if you stack it with another cd.

    I really dont agree with no BT but i also disagree with hybrid spec, id still take at least 1 point from some where.

  11. #31
    i feel like taking both atonement and sos means more tricks less output talents (i look at mana talents as they are output as well).

    and at the very moment of pve part of the game i really dont see the point of going there. with two specs we can carry, id either pick them both or the one i like more. after nerfs and with current level of gear it really shouldnt matter if we go with sos or with aa to the fight, majordomo hc is a piss and smiting, unless guild is learning this fight, changes almost nothing.
    same with switching between holy and disc, unless its 25 and you have millions of discs there already.

    i myself noticed i cba to switch between specs on some of our clears (the clear is usually like what, 1 night) so i just dropped aa spec :/

    of course there is a difference between just clearing the place and between pushing max of your char, to either make own experiments or fight for top 10 wol rank, and then of course it might be worth to spec/reforge/gem for particular fight just to get max out of your priest (anything that makes farm less boring), still i dont see taking aa and sos together as a way to achieve it

  12. #32
    You can easily get both talents by doing as Kel stated, saccing Mental Agility, what I did is went with 1 point in atonement since I really don't heal with it that much and 2/2 into SoS = win and no mental agility since it really doesn't affecting my healing a great deal.

  13. #33
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfroMRsbfRMochMZo

    I personally don't use this. But it does what you are asking.

    I use http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGoMRsbcRMochMZb
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-11-03 at 07:08 PM.

  14. #34
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,318
    I'm a dungeon runner myself (although I've done BH a few times) and I find this build works pretty well for me
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

  15. #35
    I run this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbcRMochM it works for me. ToT plays nicely with an atonement build as it lowers penance cooldown; I've not found the lack of SoS to be a major concern.

  16. #36
    I concluded that Atonement is largely a PvP spec and for overgeared people in 5mans or otherwise.

    Yes I know it works in Majordomo [heroic] but until then, it's easy to make a saner setup. [It's a bit silly when to get it you have to use one point in Inner Sanctum but oh well, it's not useless.]

  17. #37
    Why would it be a PvP-Spec? I don't like interupts in my holy school while doing damage in pvp.

    Also, it works on almost all bosses not just Majordomo (where with some tactics you don't need anything else). You just have to know how and when to use it and when to use other spells - which is the exact same thing as for any other spell we have.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I concluded that Atonement is largely a PvP spec and for overgeared people in 5mans or otherwise.

    Yes I know it works in Majordomo [heroic] but until then, it's easy to make a saner setup. [It's a bit silly when to get it you have to use one point in Inner Sanctum but oh well, it's not useless.]
    What? Atonement is a terrible pvp spec. You never really got to nuke in pvp, and if you do you want to be using shadow to do so.
    Not sure why you mention inner sanctum, that's not a required talent for any spec.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •