Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    To be honest druids have several features that have always been OP.

#1 Instant cyclone
    #2 instant shapeshift (would be ok if you were locked out of your healing abilities for 3 seconds after switching from boomkin/feral/travel forms)
    #3 Instant flightform (I love it but it is totally not fair seeing as how their is no instant cast mounts in the game and makes druids the supreme node jackers)

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

#1 Instant cyclone
    #2 instant shapeshift (would be ok if you were locked out of your healing abilities for 3 seconds after switching from boomkin/feral/travel forms)
    #3 Instant flightform (I love it but it is totally not fair seeing as how their is no instant cast mounts in the game and makes druids the supreme node jackers)
    #1 Requiring combo points on the target means cyclone is not instant. Furthermore, predator's swiftness, the ability with makes instant cyclones possible, is dispellable.
    #2 ..../sigh. I have too much of a headache to reply to the 1st part of that gem. As to the second part: feral healing = no.
    #3 To think I was under the impression that druids couldn't use flight form in any bg or arena, WHEN WAS THIS CHANGED?! *sarcasm*. In case you missed it, this topic is about cyclone relating to pvp. Talk about your precious node being jacked somewhere else.
    Last edited by Epoch; 2011-11-08 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

10+ Year Old Account

#1 Instant cyclone
    The "instant" cyclone is only available to a druid who specs into the talent which requires 5 combo points. Furthermore, druids have not "always" had this talent.../cough cata

How exactly is instant shapeshift OP. The de-rooting part of this was taken away.

The magic broom from Hallow's End is instant cast, so you are now wrong in all points of your post.

Is this a joke? Especially since the Changes of switching forms, Instant cyclone is lame as. It's six seconds (2 less than most), you need to exit cat (20% healing to yourself), cast it, enter cat and resume dps. Three GCDs for 1 instant cast. That's technically 3 seconds of casting. Not to mention you first have to build the combo points for it. Which is another extended period of work just to even get it.

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr

#1 Instant cyclone
    Instant cyclone is not so instant tbh How long it will take you to get your instant cyclone? 10 seconds? If you are controlled/kited properly or even locked in bear form you can never get it at all.

Shapeshifting is druids weakest point. You know, other classes don't waste GCD for shapeshifting. You don't have to shapeshift to heal yourself as DK or Rogue. Or shaman and retri paladin for example. You don't have to shapeshift to cast your CC if you are not druid. And shapeshifting means losing energy, rage,mana, losing gcd, OOC procs, autoattacs, and it makes you vulnerable if you are locked out of form.
    A lot of players hates and just don't understand druid shifting mechanics. A lot of players don't play feral druids on arena just because they hate shapeshifting. And you can't play feral druid without having to shapeshift all the time. It makes feral playstyle one of the most complicated out of all classes on arena.

Instant flightform is not OP. Its very good. But not the best. I'd love to trade it for 20% flying and grounded speed that paladins have. Other classes have similar utility - like waterwalking, slowfall, blink, iceblock, bubble, etc. And some of them can be usefull in raid encounters, making them more desirable in raid than druids. Who cares about outdoor activity after all? I'm not going to waste more than limited time of my life for gathering herbs and mining, you know.
    And if you like gathering - why not to take advantages of druid yourself? Make yourself druid alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Instant cyclone is not so instant tbh How long it will take you to get your instant cyclone? 10 seconds? If you are controlled/kited properly or even locked in bear form you can never get it at all.

Shapeshifting is druids weakest point. You know, other classes don't waste GCD for shapeshifting. You don't have to shapeshift to heal yourself as DK or Rogue. Or shaman and retri paladin for example. You don't have to shapeshift to cast your CC if you are not druid. And shapeshifting means losing energy, rage,mana, losing gcd, OOC procs, autoattacs, and it makes you vulnerable if you are locked out of form.
    A lot of players hates and just don't understand druid shifting mechanics. A lot of players don't play feral druids on arena just because they hate shapeshifting. And you can't play feral druid without having to shapeshift all the time. It makes feral playstyle one of the most complicated out of all classes on arena.

Instant flightform is not OP. Its very good. But not the best. I'd love to trade it for 20% flying and grounded speed that paladins have. Other classes have similar utility - like waterwalking, slowfall, blink, iceblock, bubble, etc. And some of them can be usefull in raid encounters, making them more desirable in raid than druids. Who cares about outdoor activity after all? I'm not going to waste more than limited time of my life for gathering herbs and mining, you know.
    And if you like gathering - why not to take advantages of druid yourself? Make yourself druid alt.
    Totally agree with this guy ...
    Haters gonna hate druids... Just play one the qq if you still 'feel' the need....

I don't see how it's that OP, I mean, in a PvP match, you can't just keep spamming Cyclone on the target. Usually you can only do it about 3 times before they become immune. Then you have to wait a bit to be able to cast it on them again. There are FAR more OP CC's for PvP. Cyclone is like one of the only CC's us Druid's have.
    Now Paladins are a different story...they need to be nerfed. haha.