Post Driver Problems (again 'sigh')

Ohrite.
    Im having huge problems with my drivers on Nvidia GT220. any drivers past 190.0 give me huge lags in games and constant crashes. (known issue with no fix)
    I used to be able to resolve this by keeping my good ole 186 driver. Now i did a clean system install (vista 64bit). and foolish me i installed the newest drivers hoping it would work now with out crashing. I got the exact same problems as i used to have, i cant play minecraft without crashes, red faction guerrila runs on low settings very slowly (before, on older drivers i could play crysis on medium settings). So i downloaded driver sweeper. Cleaned my drivers restarted the computer and guess what? Vista intalled preconfigured drivers I tried around 10 times now with no luck. im running out of ideas, probably gonna do a clean system install tomorrow if no-one comes up with a solution.

intel core q8200 2.33ghz quad core.
    4gb ram ddr3
    nvidia gt220
    i am boycotting wow until i get to play protoss

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just because vista installs its preconfigured Windows driver doesn't mean you can't install whatever revision you want to. When in doubt install through safe mode.

When i install normally without driver sweeper i get this http://imgur.com/V7LIZ

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is that in safe mode?

yeah it is.

Try this way:
    (Drive cleaner if you want before this)
    1) Download and extract the drivers to you a folder you can easily find.
    2) Open Device Manager and right click on the card located under Display Adapters
    3) Right Click and select Update Driver Software
    4) Select Browse my computer for driver software.
    5) Navigate to where you put the files in Step 1.
    Should look something like this: NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\280.26\WinVista_Win7_64\English\Display.Driver
    6) Let Windows try to install it that way.