Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be dual-subbed for at least a month or two for a couple reasons.

1.) Make sure for some ungodly reason TOR doesn't suck. (I really doubt it though.)

2.) Make sure my comp can handle playing it >_> (Much more likely to be an issue.)

3.) I owe it to some of my guildies to finish out 4.3.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    It's annoying the crap out of me as well but hey, on the bright side, once the mass beta invite thing starts, the NDA will be lifted, would be moronic if it were not
    i have a feeling the NDA will be in place & be alot more strict untill its released around the world. keep in mind 20th dec is only for Namerica & europe.

The grass is always greener...

Post constructively, especially if it is your first post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    i have a feeling the NDA will be in place & be alot more strict untill its released around the world. keep in mind 20th dec is only for Namerica & europe.
    There is absolutely no way the NDA can extend beyond the early access. It is purely impossible. There is no way they can expect millions of players to not reveal anything about the game and they certainly can't go around banning actual retail players for revealing information about something they are paying for.

If the "official release" of the game in the red zones is more than 1-2 months after December I would be very surprised. They aren't region locking so there already is no point to even having red zones than to stop people buying it off the shelf.

I'll likely remain subbed to WoW to raid and SWTOR for fresh pve questing, story, and graphics. If more people move to SWTOR and there is a healthy amount of people and raiding is just as fun (or around just as fun) as WoW's within a few months in, WoW will be gone. Most people I know are straight up leaving WoW though for it.

As for MoP. I find the monk class interesting, but everyone and their mom will play it. The expansion just feels like a filler expansion to me, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

My sub with wow expires tomorrow, not renewing. I thought at first that I would keep both subs, but after playing the Beta in ToR, I've changed my mind Blizzard will get my money through Diablo3 - Bioware now owns my soul though =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual subbing here. I'm actually looking forward to it. It's nice being able to step away from a game and do something else from time to time. I am hoping SWTOR has some longevity to it. Especially when comparing it to other games in the past 6 years when up against the Bliz Money Machine.

I havbe not really played wow since febuary the game jsut lacked any depth for me to play, can't wait for ToR probly going to spend 90% of my time nailing that the rest will be arranged ladder games in LoL
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

This is a decision I have thought about very much. I attempted to dual sub between Rift and Wow and realized there wasn't enough time if I wanted to have a life, so no dual sub for me.
    Sorry SW TOR, looks great, but also not ready to start a new huge investment in time. Going to hang in WoW and take the next expansion in a more casual manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    About NDA, I'm glad that it is still in effect and at the same time I'm not.
    The reason being, I don't want anyone to spoil the story for me, however, I wish we could discuss everything else but the story.
    I am getting extremely anxious waiting for the release but if I've been able to wait 4-5 years already, I think I can wait a few more weeks. I mean, we see the finish line already.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Just gonna be subbed for SWTOR.. Wont sub to WoW ever again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    About NDA, I'm glad that it is still in effect and at the same time I'm not.
    The reason being, I don't want anyone to spoil the story for me, however, I wish we could discuss everything else but the story.
    I am getting extremely anxious waiting for the release but if I've been able to wait 4-5 years already, I think I can wait a few more weeks. I mean, we see the finish line already.
    You could just avoid the articles about the story and just read the gameplay ones
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

The NDA isn't in place to protect the story, it is pretty hard to spoil the story unless your actually discussing it with a friend or in a thread.

The NDA is in place due to a large number of folks thinking that BETA is a free trial and not understanding things can change before release.

The last build brought alot of changes, and I would expect the next to bring even more.

BW doesn't want people discussing aspects/features of the game that might get scrapped/changed before release and have it hurt potential subscribers idea of the game.

NDA will hopefully be dropped once they are finished making changes.

If i had to wage a guess, huge weekend BETA invites right around Thanksgiving.
    Collect last minute feedback that will go into the final patching of the client upon release.
    NDA is lifted in early Dec. with a couple weeks to discuss the game.

Of course they may never lift the NDA and stuff leaks like crazy after the huge beta weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    There is absolutely no way the NDA can extend beyond the early access. It is purely impossible. There is no way they can expect millions of players to not reveal anything about the game and they certainly can't go around banning actual retail players for revealing information about something they are paying for.

If the "official release" of the game in the red zones is more than 1-2 months after December I would be very surprised. They aren't region locking so there already is no point to even having red zones than to stop people buying it off the shelf.
    we dont have access to amazon here aswell as many countries around the world, how long do you think it would be for red zoners to
    get access to purchasing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    we dont have access to amazon here aswell as many countries around the world, how long do you think it would be for red zoners to
    get access to purchasing the game?
    There are many on-line retailers willing to ship to just about anywhere in the world. However, if you're in one of the few places you can't find one, or it's prohibitively expensive, I don't expect it to last much beyond 6 months before it's truly worldwide, or as close as EA can get it. Many governments will probably try to block the sale.

They probably won't lift it, but it would be silly to have the NDA in effect once they do their mass (100,000+) invites. They can't keep a lid on that many people, especially since they won't care about getting "cut off" once the beta weekend is over. I'm guessing maybe beta weekend next week, more likely the week after

Deleted
    quit wow so its TOR and keys for TF2.. friggin hats.

I though that pandas and pokemons were enough reasons to encourage current subs who still pay WoW to cancel their account.

I can understand it could be hard for some people to migrate to TOR but look, TOR is nothing less than WoW 2.0 in a sci-fi universe, improved and in a better shape... can't ask better.

I still expect a lot of migration to TOR through 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed View Post
    now I will have to pay $30 dollars a month on online games because of how awesome SW:TOR looks anyone else going to be dual subbed to WoW and SW:ToR?
    I feel your pain. It isn't like 30 bucks is going to break me or anything but still I know what you mean. I am excited for TOR just because Bioware makes such amazing games, but I have a feeling that I will end up playing it as if it is just another KotoR, seems like a good idea at first but I can see the VO to eventually get really annoying. Honestly after experiencing the story and leveling I am just not sure what the game will have to offer after that... many would argue that when wow came out it didn't have much for endgame either but lets face it, you can't judge a game that was the real first of its kind to a game that is supposed to be the "next gen" MMO.

Please Bioware do not pull another Dragon Age 2 on me...

I quit WOW before Cataclysm came out... took a break for 3 months then resubbed for 2 months... it just wasnt the same, ppl didnt let get into raids cuz i didnt know fights, my old guild broke up so i was left with rerolling new toons, i made like 5 toons in those 2 months and realized i was just wasting my time and i quit again...

so i will be subbed to ToR and maybe buy GW2 if it has good reviews.