Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm lucky the website I review for picks up my wow subscription fee. I've currently unsubscribed to blockbuster online (HORRIBLE service - Tell me I can now turn in my Envelopes at the store for video games now but only the 99c a day ones. Fuck you if I cant get new releases you lost a customer) which frees up those monthly dollars for the old republic. Reserved and Paid off my $150 dollar edition, Joined a Late night raiding guild which frees up my early afternoons for The Old Republic. Capped all my reputations on my 10 characters, Killed heroic ragnaros so Im 100% done with wow until 4.3 and can focus on the old republic after I clear out the new 5 mans and their achivements, and Killed deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped playing WoW in June, I will most definitely get another month or two. However, once I get back home December 24th, it's gonna be TOR for 2 weeks straight. Or until I drop dead.

Deleted
    yea iam gonna begin with dual subs but if i found 1 of them to be supreme over the other i will just sub to that game in the future and if gw 2 wins i will just put both kotor and wow on freeze status

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netwar_ View Post
    I though that pandas and pokemons were enough reasons to encourage current subs who still pay WoW to cancel their account.

I can understand it could be hard for some people to migrate to TOR but look, TOR is nothing less than MMO 5.0 in a sci-fi universe, improved and in a better shape... can't ask better.

I still expect a lot of migration to TOR through 2012.
    Fixed it for you.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

one month on one month off for me, im going to play TOR purley because I want to find out what happened with revan etc but if its anything like KoTOR then it will have me hooked but again ive invested so much time in my character im just not going to let him sit there collecting dust

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 04:09 PM ----------

Also what my guild have done is, organised a guild for TOR with the same name as our present guild
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    in Al fairness, Let's say WoW is MMO 1.9, SWTOR would be more like 2.9, it's not "next-gen". Also, SW is more fantasy than Sci Fi

Nitpicking is fun
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Until I start raiding in TOR I will most likely keep up my WoW Sub

I'll be dual subbed until I lose interest in one or the other, or even both.

Been playing since vanilla, but SWTOR has a nostalgia appeal going back all the way to the release of the first movie. Enough nostalgia that I'll enjoy playing the game for a while, how long depends on how good the game is once I get over the nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed View Post
    anyone else going to be dual subbed to WoW and SW:ToR?
    Nope. It's one or the other for me, don't have time for both.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

ill be double subbed, at least for a while ill be pretty much reducing my wow time to just raid nights though swtor cant come soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why people who are not interested in playing SWTOR at all come here to post? I mean, sure, as long as you don't flame or troll then be my guest but really, what is the point?

"Oh I don't like Star Wars so I won't be playing TOR." Why, thank you for your insight.

I mean, I don't go on GW2 forums and say "oh hi this game doesn't interest me at all."

I truly don't understand.
    OFF topic why do people go to the wow forums and complain about the game when they no longer have active subs. they do it just to get under your skin

ON topic i might go back to wow for a month or two later down the road(REALLY missing my beat yo face Shammy and twang twang huntard)

but most if not all my time will be in SWTOR and GW(wont do GW2 til i beat the first yea long time i know) playing ME right now and all i can say is that if TOR has anything like ME in it HEEEWWWWWW WEEEEEEEEE im in for a long winter with a very PISSED off wife

Not interested at all in SWTOR and I will be playing WOW well into MoP and beyond. I had more then enough star wars themed gaming in the late 90's and all through 2000-2004 with jedi knight dark forces 2 and the other two games after that that werent as good, not to mention also star wars galactic battleground, the "star wars themed" Age of empires 2 game.

Don't get me wrong though Bioware has made some really excellent games like Mass Effect 1 and 2 that I really enjoyed a LOT on the Xbox, it's just the idea of playing more star wars games again turns me off, especially when the last few years since the N64 days there has been a glut of crappy star wars games on the market (mostly for consoles) as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
    Don't get me wrong though Bioware has made some really excellent games like Mass Effect 1 and 2 that I really enjoyed a LOT on the Xbox, it's just the idea of playing more star wars games again turns me off, especially when the last few years since the N64 days there has been a glut of crappy star wars games on the market (mostly for consoles) as it is.
    TOR has a lot in common with KoTOR (except the MMO part and the combat system), so unless you played KoTOR and didn't like it, I wouldn't judge TOR by the other Star Wars games. Most are utter crap in comparison.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after the first round of beta a few months back, I thought the game was HORRIBLE. The engine was absolute trash and the control was slow and clunky.

With that said, allot of people have told me that game is completely different from a few months ago (i think it was April when i got into beta.). So tonight im going to download the client again and try it out. If its the same, I wont be buying it. When I played beta, the game was a joke. And im not being a wow fan boy when i say that either.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    TOR has a lot in common with KoTOR (except the MMO part and the combat system), so unless you played KoTOR and didn't like it, I wouldn't judge TOR by the other Star Wars games. Most are utter crap in comparison.
    KoTor was epic. Steam had it on sale for 2 bucks last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Well after the first round of beta a few months back, I thought the game was HORRIBLE. The engine was absolute trash and the control was slow and clunky.

With that said, allot of people have told me that game is completely different from a few months ago (i think it was April when i got into beta.). So tonight im going to download the client again and try it out. If its the same, I wont be buying it. When I played beta, the game was a joke. And im not being a wow fan boy when i say that either.
    The game is NOTHING like what it was back in April. Not even remotely close.

The graphics and animations have gone from crap to almost the level of a modern single-player RPG.

1 million bugs have been fixed, the classes have become 1000% more balanced, a ton of new features has been added. It's miles ahead of what it used to be.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    I'm not overly versed in Star Wars lore, but having the republic victorious at the end of Episode 6 is a good stopping point as any. Beyond the final movie, who's to say another Force user isn't born (Lukes or Leia's offspring, or others*), and untrained in the ways, becomes evil?

*Anakin was born via immaculate conception .. unless his mother was lying
    Well, the immediate future after episode 6 is already written about in the extended universe, but I do agree with you in principle. One of Leia's offspring, who was a jedi, did go "evil" for a while. Read the "Traitor" novel sometime, it's fucking awesome.

Having played in the SWTOR beta and still having fun with my WoW raiding guild I will be subbing to both games, SWTOR is going to get most of my attention though and I have told my guild that, WoW is just where all my friends are at and where they will be for probably at least through MoP so that will remain my secondary game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
    Not interested at all in SWTOR and I will be playing WOW well into MoP and beyond. I had more then enough star wars themed gaming in the late 90's and all through 2000-2004 with jedi knight dark forces 2 and the other two games after that that werent as good, not to mention also star wars galactic battleground, the "star wars themed" Age of empires 2 game.

On balance I would argue the star wars games have actually been pretty good. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight 1, Jedi knight 2, Jedi Academy, Tie Fighter/Xwing, Kotor 1/2, Shadows of the Empire, Star Wars Battlefield, Tfu 1 and 2, Lego Star Wars (for the kids ), Rogue Squadron, Rebel Assault, Super Star Wars (super nintendo games), Star Wars Rebellion, Republic Commando. On balance its a not a bad list. I realizing i'm missing some real trash and some of these picks may be debatable but their are a few excellent stand out titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be subbed to Eve and Tor, have no problem with that considering I was subbed to WoW and Eve for a couple years now.

Well I've a got year commitment to WoW and a completely paid off copy of swtor so yea i'll be playing them both...and Diablo III....and Skyrim......and Mass Effect 3....I'm in trouble =P