Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity...did someone say that LK WASN'T an add fight? Pretty sure there were shamblers, ghouls, val'kyr, spirits, and an entire damn room full of nothing but adds. Or...am I remembering the past as it actually was and not through some form of tinted goggles?
    Those guys did lich king at 85, they didnt even notice the adds as they died in 2 cleaves.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did people try Ragnaros on 4.2 PTR? Can they shut up about "it's undertuned on purpose"? I remember people wiping quite a bit and not 2 shotting him. There's no magical rule according to which every single encounter on PTR is going to be hugely buffed.
    Besides, it's not about number tuning. Imagine if Ragnaros was a combination of phase 2 and Lich King 10% "phase". You kill 4 group of Molten Elemental and then proceed to dps Giant Chin.
    And post just above me sums it up well when we consider it 'lorewise'. We already fought 2 Old Gods and these encounters have a ton of tentacles. Except we still got to hit the bad guy him... er, itself. Here, it's his chin.

Maybe there is another phase that's heroic only, that's cool. Except instead of killing 4 same tentacles, we could do it with 2 and add something else here. It's just boring. You barely even notice that Aspects buffs are gone. Hell, I didn't even realize that Alexstrasza was killing those tiny tentacles on her own.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2011-11-03 at 03:04 PM.

its not wipe-able, there is like nothing that can go wrong. think someone deleted 75% of this fight, also I really hope on heroic we get to kill nzoth after that, METZEN PROMISED to kill the guy signing the paychecks!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Just out of curiosity...did someone say that LK WASN'T an add fight? Pretty sure there were shamblers, ghouls, val'kyr, spirits, and an entire damn room full of nothing but adds. Or...am I remembering the past as it actually was and not through some form of tinted goggles?
    Nah, you just conveniently ignored the fact that the boss was actually there and you dps'ed him down. You didn't kill his nails and went straight to 10% phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Your spelling and grammar usage is far from epic. Your inability to construct a proper sentence leaves me extremely disappointed. I have pity for you and those around you. From a pure design point of view, I would appreciate you take some time to review the English language before making further attempts to embarrass yourself.

On a serious note, you've provided an abstract view on an encounter you have not experienced. You have not provided anything for viable discussion such as alternatives and/or constructive criticism.

This makes me fairly sad. I hope you try harder next time.
    So you are the english professor? Well i think you are wrong on MMO-Champion then
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2011-11-03 at 03:18 PM.

Your spelling and grammar usage is far from epic. Your inability to construct a proper sentence leaves me extremely disappointed. I have pity for you and those around you. From a pure design point of view, I would appreciate you take some time to review the English language before making further attempts to embarrass yourself.

On a serious note, you've provided an abstract view on an encounter you have not experienced. You have not provided anything for viable discussion such as alternatives and/or constructive criticism.

I did it on the PTR and its underwhelming and felt realy bad. btw "Oh look im an US citizen i can properly speak english and i dont know to even say hello in other languages" , Its not my native language , I obviously make mistakes , you got my point anyways from what i wrote there. And embarres myself ? Try to write what i wrote in French , and then talk . Ok ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, you just conveniently ignored the fact that the boss was actually there and you dps'ed him down. You didn't kill his nails and went straight to 10% phase.
    Well they could put a massive health bar that sumed up all the tentacles and "hands" you had to kill and slowly make it go down as the fight progresses.
    Too late for suggestions though.

But makes me wonder, people was all "deathwing is too strong for us mortals" and suddenly get suprised that we dont get to tank&spank him?
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

Deleted
    If someone is going to post about the quality of content, they should at least make an attempt at a quality post. It doesn't take an English professor to point out that the prior poster is likely unable to tie his/her own shoes.
    Such arrogance You´ve ever heard of other languages besides ENGLISH? OMG there are guys like me from non english countries. What´s your point? Try to write a letter to me in german and we talk again.

Deleted
    As always im not an lore-king... But when I read the "one-shot tanks" I instantly thought of the Lich King... Frostmourne... Wouldn't that be guaranteed insta-kill on tanks / the target LK were hitting at?
    Or did we get some awesome buffs from Tirion / Varian ?

Based on few of your posts in this topic, you sound like a total douche. Are you here only to assault people? Not everyone's a native speaker, but you're probably too stupid to comprehend it.

OP - I really, really, reaally hope this is just "demo" of the fight and they just don't want to spoil us the whole thing. Because, seriously, this looks like valithria encounter (- the healing) + last 10% of lk fight with some more adds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus2k View Post
    As always im not an lore-king... But when I read the "one-shot tanks" I instantly thought of the Lich King... Frostmourne... Wouldn't that be guaranteed insta-kill on tanks / the target LK were hitting at?
    Fury of Frostmourne at 10% does exactly that. Anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I find it silly to say "it's just normal". That's no excuse for this joke of a fight. Did you 1 shot normal mode Ragnaros? Lich King? Yogg-Saron? *Maybe* Anub'arak. But here, I'm pretty sure "good" guilds killed him within couple pulls. It was just... sad.
    1. You dps big tentacle. Another tentacle spawns. Kill it.
    2. Meteor spawns. Kill it/run away.
    3. AOE adds.
    4. Single target other adds - or abuse chain lightning, since it's pretty much the only "aoe" that works.
    5. Repeat this 4 times.
    6. Kill Giant Chin. Yes, you literally do just that. I mean, sure, there were couple of adds, but they were so trivial that I'm not really sure what was the point.

Don't say it's "just normal". Say "it's just sad" instead. You basically fight 4 packs of adds on 4 tiny platforms and then 1 more pack during "final" phase. This isn't even about tuning, but there's nothing epic about it. There's no difference between platforms, they have exactly the same adds. Oh, wait, there's "Wing Tentacle" and "Arm Tentacle". Makes zero difference, though, you kill it exactly the same way.

I have never been so dissapointed by final boss in all expansions. I mean, Anub'arak came close, but that was just "filler" content anyway. This here is main villain, a dragon of supposedly overwhelming power. I can see why we don't face him directly. But killing same adds 4 times isn't epic.
    I can do that too. Let's take Yogg saron for example.

-Kill adds near boss.
    -Kill tentacle adds
    -Go in portals, kill more adds
    -Kill Brain that doesn't even fight back
    -Kill adds
    -Kill Yogg Saron

ANY fight can be over generalized. I can make anything sound incredibly easy by depicting it in such a cynical manner.
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus2k View Post
    That´s the same thing as a gnome warrior tanking really BIG guys like Ragnaros for example. In theory Sulfuras would smash us all but um well fantasy game and so on The LK oneshottet us with this spell but yeah Frostmourne would one shot us too.

10+ Year Old Account
    And he does 1shot the tank, along with the entire raid.

But to be fair, without varian/garrosh's buff, a tank could be 1shot by soul reaper on heroic 25 without a survival cooldown. Happened all the time even with the buff around.

Deleted
    For me the fight is similar to what Ragnaros heroic was, it was a really boring fight to watch, but it's a fun fight to play (again, this is how it is for me).
    Whereas LK HC felt superepic to play AND to watch. But I think that madness of DW will probably be a fun fight to play, but a boring fight to watch, we'll see how it changes in heroic, maybe that'll be a fight that feels epic to watch aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, no one thinks about the fact we can merely dent Deathwing armor, and it's Thrall + aspects that do the big part of the job.

We are so underpowered against Dw, that the only thing we can manage to do is distract him while other much more powerful beings kill him.

Think before you speak. No way we could ever compete with something of that power.
    This kinda sums it up.

Remember Twilight Highlands? Alexstrasza went one-on-one with Deathwing, was mortally wounded and did pretty much nothing to him. What bloody hope in HELL do you think we mere mortals have? We have a role to serve: To let the big guns do THEIR job and finish him. We are not Aspects. We are not Demigods (Though some DKs and Paladins may argue that point...). We are mere mortal heroes. We can die easily. The brunt of Deathwing's attacks are NOT being aimed at us, but at the Aspects (all 5 of them).

Did we have the sheer power alone to kill Malygos? No, the Red Dragonflight helped.
    Yogg-Saron? No, the Keepers of Ulduar helped there (Lore-wise, Yogg-0 kills wouldn't count).
    Algalon? We made him change his mind. He didn't die.
    The Lich King? No, cause he had us dead to rights, ready to be his new undead bitches, had Tirion not broken free.
    How about Illidan? No, Maiev and Akama had a hand in that fight.
    Kael'Thas Sunstrider? No, we had to rely on the powers of pseudo-legendary weapons to counter the powers he had. Without, we would be dead.

We aren't super heroes. We are mortals. We do the jobs we can, and let those with the mostly-phenominal, nearly-cosmic powers do their job. In most cases, the big and powerful bosses were beaten not by sheer brute force, but by additional help from outside our party (though part of the encounter).

The exceptions to this were the original WoW raid bosses. Ragnaros, while only his Avatar (which would explain why), was not at full power. Nefarian and Onyxia, we had nobody with us. C'Thun was likely the weakest of the Old Gods we faced, I am not sure. And then we had Kel'Thuzard (version 1).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    But...but...you actually KILL DW here too. You kill adds in between killing parts od DW so he falls into the Maelstrom. In the last phase, you ride a shitstorm on his face. So...I'm not forgetting anything, mostly because I do fights when they're current content not expansions later and lament how easy things seem. Both DW and LK had adds, and in both fights you actually fight the boss himself. I don't remember people praising LK when it was current (outside the people who actually did the fight), so this turn around seems odd to me...or has it been long enough for nostalgia to kick in?

just saw the video for the first time, and my first thought is this is it?

I skipped through waiting for another much more epic phase to start. But no. Same boring ass thing just fighting a few stupid adds on each island.

It looks ridiculously boring.

<<<Color me extremely dissapointed.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

I thought the exact opposite of you, I thought that both encounters were visually incredible and inspired (in fact, I would say that the looks of these videos has me thinking that this is the most epic pair of encounters they have ever designed, in terms of scope and visual impact.) Difficulty looks like what I would have expected for normal mode encounters, and am expecting that the vids of the heroic modes will be properly difficult.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    But...but...you actually KILL DW here too. You kill adds in between killing parts od DW so he falls into the Maelstrom. In the last phase, you ride a shitstorm on his face. So...I'm not forgetting anything, mostly because I do fights when they're current content not expansions later and lament how easy things seem. Both DW and LK had adds, and in both fights you actually fight the boss himself. I don't remember people praising LK when it was current (outside the people who actually did the fight), so this turn around seems odd to me...or has it been long enough for nostalgia to kick in?
    You kill Wing Tentacles and Arm Tentacles. Blistering Tentacles. Mutated Corruption. Regenerative Blood. Elementium Terror, Fragment, Meteor. It honestly feels like fighting his nails until his Chin crashes down on last 20% so you can finally "fight" Deathwing himself - except it feels like LK 10% with couple adds.
    And what's with "I don't fight bosses expansion later" anyway? Silly armory insult? Let's be serious here...
    Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    ANY fight can be over generalized. I can make anything sound incredibly easy by depicting it in such a cynical manner.
    Unfortunately, I was not being overly cynical. There is no difference between 4 platform, except for losing the buff. The biggest *visual* difference is Nozdormu, since you lose his barrier thingy, but beyond that, it's one less buff on your bars. You still kill exactly the same adds, there is exactly the same meteor, nothing changes. Is it really too much to want something new to happen? At least make "Arm Tentacle" and "Wing Tentacle" have different adds, that's 2 + 2. Something.