Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They really dropped the ball on Spine of deathwing/Madness. Extremely underwhelming fights, it's kinda hard not to laugh when you realize deathwing isn't flying and the background is just moving like one of those bad 80's films.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that 4.3 has been out, and a lot of serious raiders have seen him by now, what are you thoughts after SEEING it?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Did him yesterday on 10man > Best fight in cata without any doubt .... its just so damn fine tuned

Did him on an alt 25man and the fight felt way easier and kinda undertuned, making it very boring

Quote Originally Posted by taylor856 View Post
    Seriously thought that the whole thing was like a first phase or somethin
    Me too. xD
    Guild asked me to join as off spec to dps since one dps didn't show up, when we killed him I was like ''that's it?''. I mean, I know normal modes are supposed to be easy but this is kinda... too easy.

what is hard about the fight ? Dps claw, spread out dps tentacle, tanks rotate cds on impale, switch to meteor, kill tentacle, kill claw. Rince and repeat. If you decide to kill the red platform. Just single target tentacle adds from claw and add that into the mixture. And on platform 4, you add stack up far away from were metor lands pop raid cooldowns to surivive dps claw. And last phase just kill the 3 small tentacles quick, kill big dudes quick, go back on boss, and do that 1 more time = dead.

Overall OK fight. 5/10
    Last edited by Zennien; 2011-12-04 at 09:31 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts after seeing the fight? Easily, easily the best raid boss yet. Fantastic encounter. Awesome mechanics, awesome scenery, incredible fight.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purke View Post
    Did him yesterday on 10man > Best fight in cata without any doubt .... its just so damn fine tuned

Did him on an alt 25man and the fight felt way easier and kinda undertuned, making it very boring
    25 mans are almost always much, much easier than 10 mans.

Deleted
    Fight is fuck loads harder on 10 than 25 currently. Mostly due to simply not having enough raid cooldowns on 10man unless your tanks have been lucky enough to get their 4 set already.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post

Eh...
    So the reason that 25man guilds numbers has gone down (drasticly) since cata started is because 25man is easier? I'll admit some fights are harder on 10man due to raid cds and setup. But 25man has way more issues when it comes to possitioning, organizing and the general "fail" percentage is higher on 25man. It's a lot harder to get 25 star players in a raid than it is to get 10, while 10mans suffer a lot harder if someone dies it's also simpler to avoid and fix it as opposed to 25man
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do so many people run 10 man BH instead of 25 man?

Less gear competition. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    They really dropped the ball on Spine of deathwing/Madness. Extremely underwhelming fights, it's kinda hard not to laugh when you realize deathwing isn't flying and the background is just moving like one of those bad 80's films.
    Well yeah thats how video games typically work. =P Not everything that moves is actually moving.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zennien View Post
    what is hard about the fight ? Dps claw, spread out dps tentacle, tanks rotate cds on impale, switch to meteor, kill tentacle, kill claw. Rince and repeat. If you decide to kill the red platform. Just single target tentacle adds from claw and add that into the mixture. And on platform 4, you add stack up far away from were metor lands pop raid cooldowns to surivive dps claw. And last phase just kill the 3 small tentacles quick, kill big dudes quick, go back on boss, and do that 1 more time = dead.

Overall OK fight. 5/10
    That sounds like a lot of crap actually. Far more mechanics then normal encounters in FL.

I hear this a lot from 10m raiders, I've done t12h full clears in 10 and 25, 10 is a joke.

I haven't done DS in 10m yet, I've done it twice in 25m and I'll probably do it in 10m soon on an alt, I'll let you know what i think.

Deleted
    Why do so many people run 10 man BH instead of 25 man?

Less gear competition. That's why.
    huh? I've actually never understood why people do 25man... boring as hell, our 10man guild is just a bunch of us who know each other well having a laugh & socializing during raids - Very hard to achieve with 25 people.

Infact I don't understand why you would do it for less gear competition now that you can get pretty much the same looking gear in 30mins with raid finder just a reskinned colour

Deleted
    Did it on 25, right now it seems really undertuned.

Fight is too repetitive and the chance of instant tank death is too frequent.

And, from what I could see on Dungeon Journal, the heroic fight is nearly the same with one extra add or something. Boring. At least Ragnaros had a completely different phase.

It's very repetitive. Heroic Rag you knew if you wiped on p4 you had to do it all again but at least it wasn't the same thing just 4 times slightly trickier each time. That said, I am comparing a HC to a normal just there, but it doesn't seem particularly different looking through the journal.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2011-12-04 at 10:39 PM.

Horrible fight, we never get to fight deathwing face to face, i was expecting to fight him in his human form, but whatever the fight is crap is boring too easy(normal mode) the mechanics are stupid, jump to other platform attack deathwing switch to the tentacle, back to deathwing kill the adds, back to deathwing, jump to the next platform and do the same the fight is absolute crap.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing fight, really nicely tuned for our raid atleast and it was really "hard" compared to the first four/six.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

A bit too easy on 10 man, the only part we had trouble with was the bolt after Nozdormu's buff was down.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Normal mode Madness is extremely easy compared to other end-tier fights for one reason: no single person can wipe the raid, or even KILL THEMSELVES on their own.

Ragnaros had many fires and waves to dodge.

Sinestra/Al'akir each had several mechanics to watch out for, or they'd spell certain death.

The Lich King had Defiles.

Anub'arak had running from spikes.

Yogg had Sanity.

Even Kel'Thuzad had ice block chaining.

Normal mode Madness is simply a group effort. Either your group is good and you win, or they aren't and you die. It should be extremely rare for a single person to die without the entire raid wiping. No one person will hold you back from killing it. That said, the Heroic mechanics in the journal make it a fight on the level of Heroic Rag for personal responsibility, but as for normal mode.... of course it's easy, that scrub your guild always carries CANNOT wipe you, even if he tries.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    Was a great fight i like it