Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Even as normal Lich King was an epic fight. This just is killing adds. I was expecting to actually fight Deathwing not some adds of his. This just looks like a boss fight, not the final antagonist of an expansion. Very awful job Blizzard and I think after playing since release I might finally quit for good. I've taken long breaks before but have always came back because I liked what Blizzard would do with the game. I love the additions to Pandara but what I loved about raiding was the lore behind it, killing bosses like Deathwing, Lich King, Kel'Thuzad, Illidan, and Kil'Jaeden. I'm just disappointed I won't be able to see Sargeras but by that time I'm sure the fight will just require you to tickle carebears to weaken him then hit Harry's Big Charged-Up Wand to smite him down and turn him into hearts. Very disappointed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it silly to say "it's just normal". That's no excuse for this joke of a fight. Did you 1 shot normal mode Ragnaros? Lich King? Yogg-Saron? *Maybe* Anub'arak. But here, I'm pretty sure "good" guilds killed him within couple pulls. It was just... sad.
    1. You dps big tentacle. Another tentacle spawns. Kill it.
    2. Meteor spawns. Kill it/run away.
    3. AOE adds.
    4. Single target other adds - or abuse chain lightning, since it's pretty much the only "aoe" that works.
    5. Repeat this 4 times.
    6. Kill Giant Chin. Yes, you literally do just that. I mean, sure, there were couple of adds, but they were so trivial that I'm not really sure what was the point.

Don't say it's "just normal". Say "it's just sad" instead. You basically fight 4 packs of adds on 4 tiny platforms and then 1 more pack during "final" phase. This isn't even about tuning, but there's nothing epic about it. There's no difference between platforms, they have exactly the same adds. Oh, wait, there's "Wing Tentacle" and "Arm Tentacle". Makes zero difference, though, you kill it exactly the same way.

I have never been so dissapointed by final boss in all expansions. I mean, Anub'arak came close, but that was just "filler" content anyway. This here is main villain, a dragon of supposedly overwhelming power. I can see why we don't face him directly. But killing same adds 4 times isn't epic.

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Even as normal Lich King was an epic fight. This just is killing adds. I was expecting to actually fight Deathwing not some adds of his. This just looks like a boss fight, not the final antagonist of an expansion. Very awful job Blizzard and I think after playing since release I might finally quit for good. I've taken long breaks before but have always came back because I liked what Blizzard would do with the game. I love the additions to Pandara but what I loved about raiding was the lore behind it, killing bosses like Deathwing, Lich King, Kel'Thuzad, Illidan, and Kil'Jaeden. I'm just disappointed I won't be able to see Sargeras but by that time I'm sure the fight will just require you to tickle carebears to weaken him then hit Harry's Big Charged-Up Wand to smite him down and turn him into hearts. Very disappointed.
    Yes, raiding has obviously become progressively easier. That's why T11 was, overall, the hardest raiding tier ever released and why pre nerf H rag was the hardest boss ever released. Yea, this game is definitely becoming far too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yes, raiding has obviously become progressively easier. That's why T11 was, overall, the hardest raiding tier ever released and why pre nerf H rag was the hardest boss ever released. Yea, this game is definitely becoming far too easy.
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware that I put anywhere in my post that it was easy. I just said it was terrible boss design, please read before you post.

Compared to actual end boss (even middle bosses) encounters like KT, Lady V, Illidan, Archi, YS, Mimi, LK...this just seems too pale. Another feather in cap for the Cata sucks hat.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Ya, 100% agree. The fight dose look a bit underwhelming, as stated. But this is the most powerful villain players have faced yet. No raid would be able to go toe to toe with him. So a more strategic attack is necessary.
    Ummm...It's a fantasy world. The laws of physics and logic were buried ages ago. It all came down to the devs wanting an epic encounter or them just wanting to be over and done with the abomination that is cata.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's normal mode, it's about what I expected. Looks far more overwhelming than it actually is, while heroic will put in the REAL pressure. Visually, it's the best done fight ever, right now.
    Far from it mate....visually YS was a crap ton better...with visions and the titan built room that reeked of the roots of what is wow that we love, LK with his falling platforms and val'kyrs, KT with the upside down, or illidan flying in air and throwing down the glaives...DW does not even come close to the legends of wow.
    Last edited by igame; 2011-11-03 at 09:46 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    KT with the upside down, or illidan flying in air and throwing down the glaives...DW does not even come close to the legends of wow.
    But those were heroic bosses However, even comparing merely to WotLK/Cata bosses, which had actual 'normal' modes, it was just sad. It's hard to appreciate anything in this fight, when you're stuck on tiny platform, and half of your vision is obstructed by glowing bubble. I mean, even looking at his giant chin, you can see that half of it is completely immobile and looks unnatural (as much as giant metal chin on huge dragon can be considered 'natural').

I've done the fight on ptr, and killed it. And i definitely agree it is not a good encounter. It just feels like there are some elements missing. Currently it is just kill tentacles, kill blood, click this button, kill chin. I feel there should be atleast 1 extra phase added, there are just so few mechanics, it gets repetitive doing the same thing on 4 platforms.

I dunno, the final encounter of the expansion shouldn't be able to be summarized in less than 2 minutes..

Boring fight is boring. Blizz makes me happier and happier i quit a month ago with each passing day.

"Wait for heroic mode" isn't a valid argument, either, since Lich King normal was a pretty awesome encounter, and even Ragnaros normal, Cho'gall and Nefarian were a lot of fun.

This fight is just.... kill a bunch of tentacles, ok here's your purples, grats...

bleh

Deleted
    My guess is that the fight is dumbed down because of the LFR feature and that Blizzard only want to adjust coefficients such as damage output, instead of having to change or remove complex mechanics that people using the LFR who are not used to raiding would be unable to deal with (such as getting out of the fire...).

From what i have seen in the videos, you fight one of his claw, then a tentacle, then the claw again, then tentacle again, then claw again etc.

What's epic in giving the bloody dragon a little manicure ? I dont see it.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Rzzzor View Post
    That encounter is a failure. There's nothing epic about it.
    The environment and the lore isn't a failure. The fight has some fun moments but when it is done several times over and over again it might seem boring. But remember this, the Deathing fight is combined into two fights.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanir View Post
    My guess is that the fight is dumbed down because of the LFR feature and that Blizzard only want to adjust coefficients such as damage output, instead of having to change or remove complex mechanics that people using the LFR who are not used to raiding would be unable to deal with (such as getting out of the fire...).
    people are more focused on joining the QQstorm that ALWAYS comes around when something new happens. They seem to forget that it is on the PTR. Trolls come to forums - make a QQstorm, always been that way. Sure they might not like the fight, but they dont say it in the right way

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    well have you play it on ever lol?

maybe start rageing after it you play or down it even lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I find it silly to say "it's just normal". That's no excuse for this joke of a fight. Did you 1 shot normal mode Ragnaros? Lich King? Yogg-Saron? *Maybe* Anub'arak. But here, I'm pretty sure "good" guilds killed him within couple pulls. It was just... sad.
    3. AOE adds.
    4. Single target other adds - or abuse chain lightning, since it's pretty much the only "aoe" that works.
    5. Repeat this 4 times.
    6. Kill Giant Chin. Yes, you literally do just that. I mean, sure, there were couple of adds, but they were so trivial that I'm not really sure what was the point.

Don't say it's "just normal". Say "it's just sad" instead. You basically fight 4 packs of adds on 4 tiny platforms and then 1 more pack during "final" phase. This isn't even about tuning, but there's nothing epic about it. There's no difference between platforms, they have exactly the same adds. Oh, wait, there's "Wing Tentacle" and "Arm Tentacle". Makes zero difference, though, you kill it exactly the same way.

I have never been so dissapointed by final boss in all expansions. I mean, Anub'arak came close, but that was just "filler" content anyway. This here is main villain, a dragon of supposedly overwhelming power. I can see why we don't face him directly. But killing same adds 4 times isn't epic.
    Maybe you forgot the first DW fight. Did you know that there was 2? Did you know that this was the PTR??

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Boring fight is boring. Blizz makes me happier and happier i quit a month ago with each passing day.

"Wait for heroic mode" isn't a valid argument, either, since Lich King normal was a pretty awesome encounter, and even Ragnaros normal, Cho'gall and Nefarian were a lot of fun.

This fight is just.... kill a bunch of tentacles, ok here's your purples, grats...

bleh
    U still hanging around on wow forums i see, hard letting go?

I like the lulz kame-hame-ha at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I've done the fight on ptr, and killed it. And i definitely agree it is not a good encounter. It just feels like there are some elements missing. Currently it is just kill tentacles, kill blood, click this button, kill chin. I feel there should be atleast 1 extra phase added, there are just so few mechanics, it gets repetitive doing the same thing on 4 platforms.
    HC modes awaits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Well, since the majority of the final fight with Deathwing is on the PTR (or one could assume) how do you feel about the fight?

Personally, after watching it and learning the mechanics a bit, I am greatly underwhelmed. I mean really, unless there is a shit-ton more work to do on it (which I doubt), besides number tuning, it is completely lame and I cannot wait for it to be the end of Cataclysm. Honestly, even the spine of Deathwing encounter seems like a letdown. Maybe it is just something you have to experience for it to feel epic, and I'll try to go in there with open mind, but I'm disappointed as of right now.

In all seriousness, these lame encounters with Deathwing sum up this whole expansion for me and if they are as bad as they seem, I simply cannot wait to judo chop some pandas in the face.
    honestly i like the way they are making it more like the yogg-saron fight with the help form the dragon aspects.. it was a good concept on sarth and a good concept on yogg.. not to mention the fight in the video is very undertuned and if anything only tuned to raid finder difficulty, tell me you are still underwhelmed after trying it in heroic mode...

Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    If we fight Deathwing himself, he would one-shot the tanks. When someone is stronger than you, you don't face them head on, you attack them at their weak points. Strategy, I like it.
    Yea because anything named World Breaker or World Destroyer should be able to be killed by 10 people with the right strategy AMIRITE????

Remember how easy some of the fights were on the PTR, and how hard they were on live? Exactly, that's why this looks easy as fuck, now go, run along and join the QQstorm.

As a beta player, this is visually the best fight I've seen, as a raider, I still prefer Yogg 0 or HC Lich King in terms of epicness though (fight doesn't quite have the same feel since they broke it up into two parts, would be neat if they made SoD and MoD one fight ) but it still looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    3. AOE adds.
    5. Repeat this 4 times.

this fight looks leaps and bounds more complicated and complex than fricken anub arak... TOC was created in a matter of a month max imo... and if not they need to fire those guys