Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5970&e=6018

Their newest log zoned in to the heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    I think its pretty safe to say that if you're pushing p4 heroic rag you are far from a bad player.

Just practice and less movement will be the clincher for you. (no i've not done heroic rag yet, so i take what i say with a grain of salt)
    this and some of your players are a bit undergeared for pushing just one meteor unless they are top world guild material and seems they arent. Some dps is a bit low for their gear , just keep farming gear and you ll get there soon.

We did NORMAL rag with people in 370 ilvl gear yesterday and our lowest dps was 19k. Something is erong with your groups dps. As an arcane mage I do 26k with 378 gear. Dont stop casting.

Quote Originally Posted by turlockmike View Post
    We did NORMAL rag with people in 370 ilvl gear yesterday and our lowest dps was 19k. Something is erong with your groups dps. As an arcane mage I do 26k with 378 gear. Dont stop casting.
    Don't compare normal Rag with heroic Rag. A lot less movement on normal and you don't really need to hold back DPS until p3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Don't compare normal Rag with heroic Rag. A lot less movement on normal and you don't really need to hold back DPS until p3.
    Is what I wanted to say. Their dps is low, but the comparison is still off.

Deleted
    I saw in a WoL parse that your p3 dps is very low. Like extremely low. To get 1 meteor every dps needs to do 30-33k dps (something like that) in p3, which is easilly done with hero and every1 popping all their cds.

So. Does your dps kite meteors in p3? The only meteor kiters in p3 should be healers, and healers only. I think that might be your problem. We used to get 2 meteors when we just kited them whenever some1 got them, but when we facepalmed and realized only healers should do it, we made it with 1 meteor immediatly.

Also, do you save one of the sons in the transition so you can dps down the big elementals before or at least have them almost down before rag emerges? That's also a key point in winning it.

You can also (if you want) extend p2 with 1 extra seed phase (3 in total), have rag at 41% right after seeds are down, and wait for him to cast world in flames. You should be able to dps him down to 35% ish if you burn him there, because he won't submerge as long as he's casting. We don't do that, but it's an option.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-11-11 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    /tar Living Meteor
    /cast Death Grip
    /targetlasttarget
    YOU CAN DO THAT?!
    *mind=blown*
    Thank you! This should assist me on our rag kills. Saving me resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SufferingPlanet View Post
    YOU CAN DO THAT?!
    *mind=blown*
    Thank you! This should assist me on our rag kills. Saving me resources.
    As long as you glyph your grip, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    You can also (if you want) extend p2 with 1 extra seed phase (3 in total), have rag at 41% right after seeds are down, and wait for him to cast world in flames. You should be able to dps him down to 35% ish if you burn him there, because he won't submerge as long as he's casting. We don't do that, but it's an option.

Does someone still do this and make it work? (like, this week). Because for us it's always interrupted, there is some trick that it is not apparent? The instant he hits 40%, world in flames is interrupted and the transition starts. Doesn't seems to matter if we let him finish the first cast or not. It has been stated in the previous page it can be done, but what it's the "exact time"? Because it seems to be extremely exact...
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2011-11-11 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Does someone still do this and make it work? (like, this week). Because for us it's always interrupted, there is some trick that it is not apparent? The instant he hits 40%, world in flames is interrupted and the transition starts. Doesn't seems to matter if we let him finish the first cast or not.
    I'm pretty sure it does not work anymore. If he reaches 40 % while casting World of Flames he'll stop casting it when the next given flame is finished casting. It could give you like 1 % or something but not really more than that.

lol so many comments from ppl who have done normal rag and comparing their dps dont know what they r talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Does someone still do this and make it work? (like, this week). Because for us it's always interrupted, there is some trick that it is not apparent? The instant he hits 40%, world in flames is interrupted and the transition starts. Doesn't seems to matter if we let him finish the first cast or not. It has been stated in the previous page it can be done, but what it's the "exact time"? Because it seems to be extremely exact...
    We were doing it fine earlier this week, we seemed to get less damage but it WAS at like 39.3% when splitting blow started. We did it twice in a row.

Just a few things in regards to your hunter...

His P3 DPS is pretty low, this is because he's not using Aimed Shot. Possibly as a result of a lack of confidence in moving for world in flames.
    Your hunter needs to make sure he's using Aimed shot as his focus dump during the phase, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2175&e=2217 shows that
    he used it twice during that phase.

Additionally, he only had 72.4% uptime on Serpent sting, if he's not using Aimed shot, this should be 100% [it's a miniscule thing, but moar DPS is needed.]
    Your hunter let ISS fall off a few times, he only had 85% uptime, this should be 100% especially considering he can jump into AoTF to move and cast steadies.
    Your hunter needs more Kill Shots as well, he's glyphed for it (From his spec on armory), and yet he didn't even use it once...

Your hunter in his gear should be easily doing way way more damage, I was doing those numbers with only 2PC T12 and a 378 weapon :\.

If every player steps up their shit by just a little bit, 1 meteor will definitely be within grasp.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Log's have been updated (for recent attempts):
    See Sundays(13/11/11) and thursdays(10/11/11) raid...
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/169214/

Your group seems to be improving. Some things that might be able to get you over:

1) Tanks can reforge towards hit/expertise to increase their dps during this phase. The tanks are doing decent dps as it is, but if more can be gained it might be helpful if your healers can deal with the increased damage.
    2) You can extend the taunt rotation in phase 3. I am not sure the specifics of this mechanic but I believe the higher a tanks stacks are, the more damage this debuff actually deals to rag, you can see it on logs as "burning blast." For example, on one attempts burning blast did a total of 180k damage during phase 3. Your healer should be able to handle higher stacks of the debuff on one tank, and also as a side benefit your feral tank can remain in cat form for a longer period of time to deal even more damage.
    3) Your other healer should be on the other side of the platform doing the knockbacks for the dps on that side. Additionally, he should be helping with dps through the use of smite/holy fire/sw/devouring plague/sw:d. Any kind of meteor kiting should be entirely unnecessary if you do the knockbacks appropriately (unless you get extremely unlucky and refixate the same side 3+ times). On an ideal attempt my druid can deal almost a million damage during phase 3, but generally it sits in the 500-700k ballpark which is still a significant amount of damage. If your priest glyphs for divine accuracy and increased smite damage on holy fired targets he should be able to do this much or even more.