Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Sure they can. Use the fourth spec precedent set by Druids and create a caster DPS Exorcist spec for paladins.

Now that I think about it, they've pushed the class system in to the same system that the Pathfinder RPG system has with the base classes and their archetypes. The system is now far better equipped to handle more specs per class than it was before.
    GO GO THE RETURN OF THE SHOCKADIN!!!!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Shockadin

I know a certain Paladin in my guild that would jizz in his pants if shockadin was a viable PVE spec.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Don't touch Holy Paladins, I enjoy squashing RDruids and HPriests while still being the top Tank Healer

Ret on the other hand, needs a complete overhaul

Prot... Doubt this needs to be touched as they are a very sought after tank as a MT

Ret needs tweaking, but the general barebones are pretty good. CS for HP, TV to use HP, Judge, and Art of War procs to keep it interesting. It might need some tweaking, some mechanics altered or removed, but that right there is a pretty decent rotation to build a dps class on.

Prot is getting an overhaul regardless if you like it now or not, just because all tanks are. That's gonna happen, not much can be done there.

Holy's enjoyable for once... I love healing in cata. So nice.

At the end, I don't think pallies NEED an overhaul this next expansion. Not any more than any other class with the new talent and spec system anyways. Some work and improvement, yes... but not the usual 'completely overhaul paladins' that they do every expansion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just make all paladin-specs use intellect-plate. This would require retri and prot to be redesigned somewhat, but it could be done by having intellect affect defensive and offensive stats for retri and prot respectively. This would still mean that paladins are alone on the intellect-plate, but at least 2 more specs will be eligable for the loot, and warriors and deathknights will compete with 1 less. Spirit on gear at the moment would ofc mess this up somewhat, but maybe that could be fixed as well (we used to not need spirit at all).
    Btw, this is coming from a holy paladin, so even though I am blessed with unique gear, I find that it is kindda nonsense to be the only spec rolling on plate-intellect