Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    First game ever - Tennis for Two.
    Most sold game - Super Mario 64.

Why?
    As an avid fan of the genre (or similar games) and a poor student of physics, it would surely be a treat, seeing as I have to spend all my moneys on books and food. Pesky human needs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Winners have been chosen! Congratulations Ritardog and Vomlix!

I've PM'd you about the details, if you don't respond before friday then I will give the copies to someone else.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

woowwww thanks!!

Awwww shame I missed this thread, it looks like a fun game (a bit like that Orcs Must Die that came out almost simultaneously, only with multiplayer). Ah well, congratulations to the winners!

Congratulations to the winner's, enjoy your game

I'm just entering for the fun of it because I'm bored.

All of the answer's to Question one were arguably....wrong.

Super Mario 64 was right, it sold 11.62 million. July 1997 was the japanese release date I believe, as I bought an import of it. It was also the first game to have a camera model that could be controlled completely independently of the character.

You specifically asked "What was the first video game ever" You however did not state weather or not it should contain any proper graphicical display.

Therefore the very first Video game was the Cathode ray tube amusement device. which is the earliest known interactive eletornic game of any kind.
    Detail's here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_simulator_game

Why?
    When I see a question need's answered, I actually do a little more research and find the exact detail's, not just a skim of google.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the clarification falloutboi, I should specify it more next time

It was mainly to filter out people who were just gonna say "I want it" and make people write something proper.
    Last edited by inux94; 2011-11-08 at 02:56 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification falloutboi, I should specify it more next time

It was mainly to filter out people who were just gonna say "I want it" and make people write something proper.
    Yeah, I know how you feel. Even if I didn't have it I'd have had some fun anyway and thanked you for the kind gesture

We have a similar thing on my regular forum. 100 posts and member for 6 month's for steam giveaway's etc.... just so we don't get some random googler come in for a freebie never to be seen on the forum again. Always make sure it go's to the active community

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    The first video game ever is Minesweeper, because Vandal Savage sent his laptop back in time to himself in the 40s.

The best selling game on N64 is up for debate, on account of Vandal Savage messing with the timeline.
    Oh Shut up Meg
    lol sorry couldn't resist, it's late/early, and I'm off to the land of nod.

10+ Year Old Account
    First game ever - Tennis for Two.
    Most sold game - Super Mario 64.

I'm 15 therefore I cannot get a (legal) job and purchase games on my own... yet...
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke